Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Owned GH3 for two weeks now, I've beaten career on Hard, still trying to 5-star One, Raining Blood, Number of the Beast, and Knights of Cydonia (damned triplets). I've also beaten TTFAF on Hard and beaten the first 6 tiers on Expert.

What I would like to know, however, is how the hell people manage to pass Mosh 1 on Raining Blood without Star Power. That's pretty much all that's stopping me from a 5 star, so is there a way other than just flailing?

Flail is NEVER a good answer. slow it down in practice mode, try using hyperspeed, do anything that helps you to memorize the note pattern. You'll never improve if you only rely on luck.

I have it memorized, but slowing it down and working on it that way doesn't really help, as the only difficulty is the speed. It's just irritating beyond belief.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCPREMIX--Expert100--392041.jpg

FINALLY \' ! This was a HUGE sigh of relief for me by getting this FC. It was my very first run of the day, and the best part is that I didn't choke! I have my mind set on TWIE next, once I learn how to be consistent with the first half of the song it's all about proper fretting and not choking.

I have it memorized, but slowing it down and working on it that way doesn't really help, as the only difficulty is the speed. It's just irritating beyond belief.

When I first 5* Raining Blood on Hard, I used SP to pass Mosh 1. However by doing so it's pretty much manditory that you FC 'Hard Rain' and 'Verse-Chorus'. When you reach 'Flood!' just make sure you have a 3x multiplier when you reach that final triple chord, those ticks can give you those just the right amount of points you need to 5* it.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

FC#15 Sunshine of my Love

Ahh, I had a -1 on that song yesterday, missed the LAST hammer-on in the solo, when I moved too fast and only got the blue note and not the yellow that it [garden tool]'s from >.<

p2gq.jpg

I'd say the best advice for getting Mosh 1 is whenever you have a break in the song, just try and roll your fingers as fast as you can from pinky to index. It helped me a ton, I get through Mosh 1 without SP, and think I even FC'd it once. Basically Mosh 1 is simple enough that you can practice the motion of it without needing a controller or the game, just a flat surface to roll your fingers against. You just need to get you hand used to that constant motion, and once you get that down, just slip in the movement from R-Y-B-O to G-R-Y-B and back.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Rock Band 2 is amazing. Except even though the solos in Pain Killer and Panic Attack look hard. They aren't hard to pass, today when I got home one of the first things I did was try The Impossible Battle of guitar, which is Pain Killer, Panic Attack, and Visions all in a row (that order) with no star power. And I sightread passed all three of them without failing/restarting at all. (then I tried it on drums and the Panic Attack intro pwned me lol)

Rock Band 2 is amazing. Except even though the solos in Pain Killer and Panic Attack look hard. They aren't hard to pass, today when I got home one of the first things I did was try The Impossible Battle of guitar, which is Pain Killer, Panic Attack, and Visions all in a row (that order) with no star power. And I sightread passed all three of them without failing/restarting at all. (then I tried it on drums and the Panic Attack intro pwned me lol)

Panic attack is a [bleep] to pass on expert with drums.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

to me at least the blasts in visions looked harder.

Tk5SF.png

to me at least the blasts in visions looked harder.

Personally just waiting for the game to be bloody release date announced.

I still can't get on guitarhero.com. I've pretty much given up on it. Ummm...I don't know how we're gonna continue the tourney. Ideas?

In my GH news, I FCed Slow Ride, and Closer finally. I would have had those a long time ago, but I just don't have the patience to FC anything. If I don't get it on the first try, I don't want to play it over and over again.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

A glitch is stopping me from playing any of my DLC... it freezes my Xbox any time I try to play any of it... I probably won't be playing GH much till it is resolved :/

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

A glitch is stopping me from playing any of my DLC... it freezes my Xbox any time I try to play any of it... I probably won't be playing GH much till it is resolved :/

Your Xbox melted from prolonged exposure to sheer awesomeness.

p2gq.jpg

My progress in the last few days can be summed up in one word - choke.

I should have had about 10 more fcs than i have now. Welcome to the jungle, cherub rock, sunshine of your love, hit me with your best shot, cities on flame, cant be saved, in love, barracuda, the metal, suck my kiss, bulls on parade, rock n roll all night and probably a few more have all been choked on in the last few days, few dlc song chokes too

Argh

GET CLOSER. Its sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier. Radio song was my 9th or something like that.

I have 20 on disc and 32 with dlc and still dont have radio song lol

And another 3 -1 runs and 4 -2 runs and I am beginning to get annoyed.

I find Radio Song easier than Closer somehow, and I had a -5 on Cities on Flame. Can FC that easily.

And a -3 and -2 run on Jonas.

Why can't I FC anything... /facepalm

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

3 FCs tonight. Ruby (3 runs with an overstrum), Talk Dirty to Me (7 runs with an overstrum), and Bulls on Parade, which I've had at -2 for a long time, but actually managed to do with no overstrums. So obviously, my broken strumbar has been screwing me up alot. But my new one comes tomorrow, so I should be able to go back to 5-starring expert soon.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Ok, so I was going for the Hangar 18 FC on GH2 (I have 100% with overstrum) it's nearly impossible for me to fc it because in the outro you are forced to altstrum...in medium rofl. So anyway I was going for the FC and missed a note in GTR solo 5 and it just so happens I fc the outro that run -.- Man I was pissed.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

Ok, so I was going for the Hangar 18 FC on GH2 (I have 100% with overstrum) it's nearly impossible for me to fc it because in the outro you are forced to altstrum...in medium rofl. So anyway I was going for the FC and missed a note in GTR solo 5 and it just so happens I fc the outro that run -.- Man I was pissed.

You'll get it very soon then.

Haven't done much on GH3 after beating Expert, though got quite a few gold stars and 100%s... The Killers one and Mississippi Queen included.

FCed Mississippi Queen. Still can't get on GH.com. Yay me. :P

For some reason, I can't FC Radio Song or Ruby. I know I can do it, but I choke everytime. Lol.

Hate both those songs too...

I don't see how people find Ruby as one of the easier FC's. It took me a LONG time to get it because of those stupid chords, I still have some troubles with it to this day :wall: and lol at still not being able to get on GH.com.

1. SaidinWoT - 306,458

2. Bongo_Man - 305,858

3. DaDieselDude05 - 289,602

Next Song: ???

I haven't really been playing GH much, but since I had some free time today I decided to do some reduxing...

[hide=Cities on Flames, 256,694]CitiesOnFlamewithRockRoll--Expert10.jpg[/hide]

I accidentally activated the last activation note under no SP, costing me the optimal score. I'll definitely do it again, but several slips in Solo 1 have discouraged me at the moment.

[hide=Even Flow, 362,760]EvenFlow--Expert100--362760.jpg[/hide]

I've never felt so inept at a song in terms of star power, I'm just plain terrible at this song :(

[hide=Generation Rock, 280,462]GenerationRock--Expert100--280462.jpg?t=1221882379[/hide]

A decent score, but I'm pretty sure I can get about 400 more out of it.

[hide=The Metal, 288,066]TheMetal--Expert100--288066.jpg[/hide]

This is probably my limit on this song, the squeezes are waaaay to hard to execute.

[hide=Mississippi Queen, 129,749]MississippiQueen--Expert100--129749.jpg[/hide]

I can't tick squeeze :( ah well...

[hide=Monsters, 454,198]Monsters--Expert100--454198.jpg[/hide]

I've been meaning to redux this one for awhile, but the solo was holding me back. When I finally figured out how to do it consistently again I was able to pull this off!

[hide=Welcome to the Jungle, 360,642]WelcometotheJungle--Expert100--3606.jpg[/hide]

For some reason this song is EXTREMELY difficult to re-FC. It took me more tries than it should have, but I was able to get a decent score once I did. I might go for 361k+ in a bit.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

The rest of the list in order:

Minus Celsius

Miss Murder

Barracuda

Rock N' Roll All Nite

Sunshine of Your Love

Evenflow

Paranoid

My Curse

Talk Dirty to Me

She Bangs the Drums

Prayer of the Refugee

Black Magic Woman

I'm in the Band

Radio Song

Can't Be Saved

And thus, Minus Celsius is the current song... I haven't touched GH in a week o.o

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

It would seem I haven't posted a progress update in 8 days, so here's everything I've done in that time...

[hide=Bulls On Parade]Was missing a lot of points... still lacking a lot of ticks :(

BullsOnParade-1.png[/hide]

[hide=When You Were Young]A 40 point redux is actually a reasonable amount it seems... that jumped me a lot of ranks on this song

WhenYouWereYoung-2.png[/hide]

[hide=Lay Down]Finally decided to actually attempt the first squeeze - after hitting it, I didn't risk the second, but now that I have this score, every future attempt will involve both squeezes...

LayDown-1.png[/hide]

[hide=Anarchy in the UK]I can't believe I thought these squeezes were difficult :/ Still lacking a crapload of ticks that I believe come from reverse squeezing (which is evil...)

AnarchyInTheUK-1.png[/hide]

[hide=Cherub Rock]Did this a while ago and never uploaded it... not a major redux, still lacking a lot of points

CherubRock.png[/hide]

[hide=Raining Blood]This is 300-something points higher than my previous best... whenever I have a good run going, I choke horribly. However, I can FC Mosh 1, and when that *finally* happens in a real run, my score will go up :)

RainingBlood.png[/hide]

[hide=Take This Life]A -26 run... I still suck horribly at this song, barely improved my score..

TakeThisLife.png[/hide]

[hide=Through The Fire And Flames]A pretty good run with some crappy mistakes... have yet to top it, but I know that I can

ThroughTheFireAndFlames-1.png[/hide]

And some DLC (every once in a while it doesn't freeze, so I keep trying >_>)...

Slither - 278,468 (2k redux)

Peace of Mind - 401,342 (-4 run, holds started dropping again on this (frets going out, not me dropping them))

And that's everything for now...

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg