Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Yeah, that used to happen to me. THe best tip I can give you is to downstrum in time to the drums, but that's about it. It's really good if you can learn to get past it without Star Power so that you can save it for the solo, which is really random towards the end of it. On an slightly unrelated note, anyone think that South Park was really, really, really stupid?

2552DyWnY.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Grrr...I haven't seen it yet. In fact, I haven't been keeping in touch with the second half of season 11 at all. I've only seen the Tourette's episode. I gotta start watching them...<.<

Nadril, this is what I suggest.

Use the star power you get in the beginning for the Mosh. It really goes a long way, and if you're good enough you'll start the verses out with a green rock meter. Make sure to double stroke the strum bar (don't try to hammer on them all, obviously), make sure to watch the notes carefully and make sure you're actually hitting them (if you just can't do it, try it on practice), and because you probably won't get much else star power in the rest of the song (unless you're good enough), learn the solo. It's not that hard, just a couple of annoying trills. If you have to, use practice mode. Also, tapping your foot throughout the entire song and making sure to watch the notes carefully will help you keep in tune to the rhythm so you can hit more notes.

Yeah, that used to happen to me. THe best tip I can give you is to downstrum in time to the drums, but that's about it. It's really good if you can learn to get past it without Star Power so that you can save it for the solo, which is really random towards the end of it. On an slightly unrelated note, anyone think that South Park was really, really, really stupid?

It wasn't stupid...It had it's moments but ya it wasn't really the best South Park out there...

My favorite part was...

"Thad is so good...He doesn't need the game to play guitar hero...He plays guitar hero acoustically!"

-Starts randomly tapping-

Random Guy-"Omg I love that song!"

2czeqeh.jpg

It wasn't stupid...It had it's moments but ya it wasn't really the best South Park out there...

My favorite part was...

"Thad is so good...He doesn't need the game to play guitar hero...He plays guitar hero acoustically!"

That was my favorite part too, haha.

2552DyWnY.png

My favorite part was...

That was my favorite part too, haha.

All the episodes of south park except Imaginationland in these new ones have sucked :shock: It looks like South park is going the same way as family guy. Down the toilet.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

I played for my first time today and am hooked. I went through career mode in easy and then decided to try Dragonforce: Through the Fire and Flames on expert mode for the heck of it. I don't think I even played one note before I failed 3 seconds after starting. :ohnoes:

Pixeloaded.jpg

I played for my first time today and am hooked. I went through career mode in easy and then decided to try Dragonforce: Through the Fire and Flames on expert mode for the heck of it. I don't think I even played one note before I failed 3 seconds after starting. :ohnoes:

I did that too :lol:

I've given up on trying Hard mode for now, I'm currently getting 5 stars on every Easy song to unlock a new guitar, then I'll practice Hard songs and/or attempt to get 5 stars on every Medium song <3:<3:<3:

Also I should say that I can do the mosh 1 in Raining Blood easy now, no star power :D.

Only problem is I suck at the end solo, so I'm going to save star power until I get to that part. Should beat it today. :P

Also I should say that I can do the mosh 1 in Raining Blood easy now, no star power :D.

Only problem is I suck at the end solo, so I'm going to save star power until I get to that part. Should beat it today. :P

Congrats - I felt like the man after getting the Mosh down pat, and yeah, I tried to get about halfway through the solo before using SP, it's also probably better if you use it when you're in the mid-yellow rather than red, so it's easier to make a comeback. Best of luck!

2552DyWnY.png

:P

I tried mosh 1 and I failed, so im currently practicing on slow.

Quick question, what does hyperspeed do?

111-1.jpg

I believe it makes the song have less notes but the notes scroll faster, correct?

I'm about half-way through Hard, but I can't beat Knighta of Cydonia...bah

I get 67% through and then fail. :wall:

What part you having trouble with? :P

Nvm. After I posted that I decided to try it 1 last time....I beat it. :P

Now I'm stuck on One, Raining Blood, and Number of the Beast.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I believe it makes the song have less notes but the notes scroll faster, correct?

No way...Hyperspeed just makes the board scroll faster therefore making the notes more spread apart. In no way does it effect the speed of the song though.

I personally think it makes songs easier though by giving you faster reactions and it also makes it easier to see the notes in some "Shred" sections.

2czeqeh.jpg

Hyperspeed's the reason half of the people who beat Jordan on Expert beat it in the first place, and on GH2 it made Star Power last longer than usual -- does it still do that on GH3?

It never made star power last longer.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

Hyperspeed's the reason half of the people who beat Jordan on Expert beat it in the first place, and on GH2 it made Star Power last longer than usual -- does it still do that on GH3?

It never made star power last longer.

Oh, that's right, my apologies. I haven't played GH2 in awhile :?

2552DyWnY.png

FCPREMIX ftw :P

I wanna get it as soon as possible... don't have any money though :x

My hands get oh-so-tired playing that on Expert :(

That, and Number of the Beast, but to a lesser extent

Number of the beast is pretty easy if you manage to get enough star power for the solo piece. :P