Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

I also found out that in late November, 2007, there will be a Boss Battle Composition Pack available for free(!) download. Once the pack is downloaded, the three songs used in Tom Morello's, Slash's, and Lou's in-game boss battles will be available in Quick Play, Multiplayer, Online Multiplayer, and Training Mode, and not just in Career Mode.

I want an X-BOX 360!!! (Should be getting one for Christmas.) :cry:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat Easy completely (5 stars on all songs), only need like 6 more songs to get 5 stars on all mediums, and am up to the Slash battle on Hard. I've tried it 5 times and I can't beat it #-o I'll try more tomorrow maybe, I also bought the Robot dude and Lou :lol:

Does anybody have any tips on how to strum faster? (Besides going "Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down")

I use my left hand to strum btw

Beat Easy completely (5 stars on all songs), only need like 6 more songs to get 5 stars on all mediums, and am up to the Slash battle on Hard. I've tried it 5 times and I can't beat it #-o I'll try more tomorrow maybe, I also bought the Robot dude and Lou :lol:

Does anybody have any tips on how to strum faster? (Besides going "Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down")

I use my left hand to strum btw

Alt-strumming (up down up down) is the easiest. :o

2552DyWnY.png

Is She Builds Quick Machines on GH3? I heard that is was, but I haven't unlocked it yet and haven't seen anything on it lately.

You have to buy the Velvet Revolver Pack - only available for the X-BOX 360. :(

That's a shame. Thanks for the info though.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

well it comes out next weekend over here.. and i wanna know.. do you guys think its worth going out to reserve a copy (for wii)? I know its a popular game but it is the wii after all.. more people will be going for the other platforms. I'm pretty sure i can get it on release day... Just wanna know if I do actually need to reserve a copy.

Tk5SF.png

well it comes out next weekend over here.. and i wanna know.. do you guys think its worth going out to reserve a copy (for wii)? I know its a popular game but it is the wii after all.. more people will be going for the other platforms. I'm pretty sure i can get it on release day... Just wanna know if I do actually need to reserve a copy.

I reserved my copy, but it didn't come to my house until 4 days AFTER it was released.

(Came out Sunday--->Arrived at my house on Wednesday)

And all I got "special" for pre-ordering was a stupid Slash poster. :-#

Thank goodness I was in Mexico at the time because I would have been

p-oed

So in conclusion,( :P ) I wouldn't pre-order.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Yep, you can get it on release day for Wii :P

I asked the GameStop near my house how many they sold for Wii, and they said 3 :lol: (This is the same store where they had 200+ Halo 3 pre-orders o_O)

They said more people even bought it for PS3! IMO it's better for the Wii, and most reviews I've read said the Wii version is better then the others (Don't ask me why...), but the others sell more since more people have 360s and PS3s

@DaDieselDude05: I think he meant pre-order it at the store for pick-up. Not sure though.

I wouldn't worry too much about pre-ordering, personally, I'm sure they'll have enough copies; if you want to be safe, however, feel free to. Holy crap, I just DL'd the boss songs track pack, and TDWDTG is officially impossible.

2552DyWnY.png

Yep, you can get it on release day for Wii :P

I asked the GameStop near my house how many they sold for Wii, and they said 3 :lol: (This is the same store where they had 200+ Halo 3 pre-orders o_O)

They said more people even bought it for PS3! IMO it's better for the Wii, and most reviews I've read said the Wii version is better then the others (Don't ask me why...), but the others sell more since more people have 360s and PS3s

@DaDieselDude05: I think he meant pre-order it at the store for pick-up. Not sure though.

yeah thats what I meant. Thanks for the info .

Tk5SF.png

Can anyone give me help on Raining Blood on hard? I"m still stuck on it....almost there on expert now though :P

On a side note: Can anyone with the Wii version honestly play using the Wiimote? I couldn't beat a song on easy with it :XD:

I've never tried playing with the Wiimote, I should try sometime :wink:

I made it to Set 7 on Hard (I think that's the one, the one with Muse and Slipknot), and I can't beat any of the songs! Anybody have any tips on how to play those notes really really fast in Knights of Cydonia? I tried alt-strumming so fast I got dizzy and I still couldn't get them :P Then if I did good I couldn't recover from strumming so fast so I couldn't get the next few notes :P Should I just not bother trying to get all of them?

I just pre-ordered it for the PC. Can't wait!

Shame I'll be out of town visiting a friend that week though, but oh well. Does anybody know the recommended computer specs for the PC release?

2009rb9.jpg

Finally beat Raining Blood on hard....now I'm stuck on Lou =\ I always fail after his second power up or before the break where the guy sings.

and...can anyone give me some tips for the 7th tier on expert, I can't beat any of the songs on it.

For Before I Forget, save your Star Power up until the Bridge (make sure you have full star power, you can worry about 5*ing it later 8-) ). 3's and 7's and Knights of Cydonia aren't very hard in my opinion, for KoC just get alt-strumming down (don't strum TOO fast, strum at a relatively lax speed), but 3's and 7's I have no clue what tips to give you...Stricken is easy enough that you should be able to beat it with a little practice, I personally love playing it. And when you have to beat Cult of Personality, save up your SP until the solos, they're great fun to play anyways. <3:

Off-topic: Whoo, just gotta 5* Raining Blood, Number of the Beast, and One, and I'll have 5*ed everything on Hard! :D

2552DyWnY.png

I [bleep]ING HATE GOOD WILLED PARENTS!!

So my parents hear me going on about GH3 recently.. and unbeknown to me.. they order it for me... so I go into game to reserve copy just in case... come out .. and get yelled at for an hour about how ungrateful i am!! They tell me i'm getting it for Xmas.. I DONT WANT IT FOR CHRISTMAS. I want it on november 23rd. I'm paying for it myself on november 23rd. Except now i'm not... well theres the ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10 deposit wasted. and i have to wait an extra month and a half to play the [bleep]ing game! Because... for a treat... we're going to scotland for christmas week..and wont get home until 2 days after boxing day.. so i'm stuck staring at a [bleep]ing box (which no doubt they'll give me on christmas morning, expecting me to beam and shower them with thanks) for three days. How great is that!! ..... god I hate my parents sometimes.

well thats the last time i'm ever enthusiastic about anything in front of my parents again.

Tk5SF.png

I wouldn't worry too much about pre-ordering, personally, I'm sure they'll have enough copies; if you want to be safe, however, feel free to. Holy crap, I just DL'd the boss songs track pack, and TDWDTG is officially impossible.
That song is insane. I don't even think I could do it on hard. #-o

Anyways, only One, Raining Blood, and the battle with Lou left on expert. Any tips?

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png