Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

I love this game, I only play it at a friends place cause I don't own it yet, but I can still play some songs on hard. Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas and then I can master it.

My favorite song right now is My Name Is Jonas by Weezer, its not hard but its so damn fun!

jordangmsunset.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guitar is acting funny, about 2% of the time I press the red or green fret button it won't work. While it sounds minor, it's extremely frustrating on a song such as Raining Blood or One.

Anyone else have this problem?

That hasn't happened to me yet, but sometimes my whammy bar doesn't work for like 4 songs, then it works again :lol:

Happened to me to once...I got really frustrated after a while but then I found out my remote just needed new batteries :?

Edit: Woo! Just got 11mill points on Expert career~

congratulations, you've played guitar hero enough to get 11 million points. you are a [bleep]!!! :lol: hehehe south park reference :anxious:

Ha :mrgreen:

Wasn't really that hard actually [/bragging]

:XD:

2czeqeh.jpg

On the set with My Name is Jonas (I think its 5?) and I'm stuck, any tips? :P

With My Name is Jonas, if you're having trouble with the acoustic part, I just hammered-on and pulled-off all of those notes. It's a lot easier than strumming them all.

Didn't think the other songs on that set were that hard. Which song other than My Name is Jonas are you having trouble with?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

On the set with My Name is Jonas (I think its 5?) and I'm stuck, any tips? :P

With My Name is Jonas, if you're having trouble with the acoustic part, I just hammered-on and pulled-off all of those notes. It's a lot easier than strumming them all.

Didn't think the other songs on that set were that hard. Which song other than My Name is Jonas are you having trouble with?

I managed to beat that set before I read this post, but thanks anyway <3: Now I'm stuck on Set 5 (Expert), I can't beat Holiday in Cambodia, Same Old Song and Dance, or La Grange. I beat Rock You Like a Hurricane though.

On hard, I beat set 7 finally!!!

Now I can't beat the final set though, I tried all the songs, and made it to like 85% on One and that's the farthest I've gotten out of all of them #-o :lol:

Now I'm stuck on Set 5 (Expert), I can't beat Holiday in Cambodia, Same Old Song and Dance, or La Grange. I beat Rock You Like a Hurricane though.

On hard, I beat set 7 finally!!!

Now I can't beat the final set though, I tried all the songs, and made it to like 85% on One and that's the farthest I've gotten out of all of them #-o :lol:

I'm stuck on set 5 too on expert. Only have Holiday in Cambodia left. Can't get past the beginning. :wall:

It took me a while to beat the final set on hard. For One, don't use your star power at the very beginning of the solo. If you get past the first part of progressions, use it then. (it worked for me)

As for the other ones, just practice on full speed. There isn't really much else you can do. If you get past the moshing on Raining Blood, you're fine, and Cliffs of Dover get's easier with practice.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Woot! Beat Number of the Beast and got 4* on Cliffs of Dover on Hard, still can't get more then like 85% on One, and once I get the Mosh down on Raining Blood, I can beat that one.

That one took me like 20 tries to beat, and it was so annoying, cuz that part was like 5 minutes into the song. I beat the Solo's A-G/H w/e letter it goes up to in complete red.

Now if only i can beat lou :oops:

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

Still can't get past One or Raining Blood on expert. :wall:

Good thing One is an awesome song, so it's not that bad playing the first 3-4 minutes over and over just to get to that annoying solo. I'm getting close though... :)

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I thought the game was stupid until i played it at the shops and it was freaking awesome! kinda scary though because their was about 7 people behind me.

im getting it soon and call of duty! :o :o

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

My friend let me borrow GH3. I've worked up to set 8 on hard and set 7 on expert. I beat "Cliffs of Dover" but the other three songs in set 8 on hard are killing me. On expert, I beat "Knights of Cydonia" and I've almost got "Before I Forget" and "Stricken" down but "3's and 7's" is killing me.

It's a fun game. Drives me nuts sometimes, though.

MOSH 1 ON RAINING BLOOD (HARD) IS SO FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE!!

:lol:

I've tried it like a million times, and Raining Blood is the last song I need to beat Hard. Star Power goes by so freaking fast :lol:

Practice makes Perfect*

*Slightly better**

**Blinking red, my hands are freaking killing me...

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Man. I'm almost done with set 7 on expert. Just need to beat 3's and 7's and then the Encore song. Then I'll be stuck at the same place I'm stuck at on hard.

Edit: Beat 3's and 7's but my God, the solo on Cult of Personality is ridiculous. It's gonna take me a day or two.

MOSH 1 ON RAINING BLOOD (HARD) IS SO FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE!!

:lol:

I've tried it like a million times, and Raining Blood is the last song I need to beat Hard. Star Power goes by so freaking fast :lol:

Downstrum all of the notes, you should be able to get by without Star Power. :)

2552DyWnY.png