Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

One, save up yo' SP for the solo, hold down the lowest note in the triplets with your index finger and flail on the other two notes with your middle and ring finger (don't try to hammer on, just alt-strum at a decent pace); Raining Blood, learn to get through the Mosh without Star Power and save that for the solo :o and finally, for Lou, surefire way to beat him: keep trying until you get the Whammy powerup, and wait until he gets to the section with RAPID greens, and use it there. He'll insta-fail.

2552DyWnY.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One, save up yo' SP for the solo, hold down the lowest note in the triplets with your index finger and flail on the other two notes with your middle and ring finger (don't try to hammer on, just alt-strum at a decent pace); Raining Blood, learn to get through the Mosh without Star Power and save that for the solo :o and finally, for Lou, surefire way to beat him: keep trying until you get the Whammy powerup, and wait until he gets to the section with RAPID greens, and use it there. He'll insta-fail.
Heh thanks, I can't even get through mosh 1 with SP. #-o

I'll have to practice that triplet thing on One, I always fail at that section.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I cant 5* Knights of Cydonia on Medium, otherwise I got 5* on all Mediums.

I still stuck on Set 7 for Hard, and stuck on the Tom Morello Battle on Expert :lol:

I know you can't really help on the battle, but anybody have any tips of Set 7 on Hard/Knights of Cydonia on Medium? The part I'm stuck on is the bit after the Galloping Triplets (I think it's called that).

Hard - 42/42

Expert - 37/42

3's and 7's is just too damn hard. :wall:

I'm in a similar situation, 39/43 on expert for me. Stuck on Raining blood and the number of the beast. I got the game a couple days ago and today I got sick of trying the same couple songs over and over so I finished the game on hard. (Started it on expert)

Beating lou on expert is going to be interesting. As well as through fire and flames.

Jaziek: Sounds like immature whining. It's not that big of a deal, just wait until you can play the game - it's worth the wait.

Can anyone give me help on Raining Blood on hard? I"m still stuck on it....almost there on expert now though :P

On a side note: Can anyone with the Wii version honestly play using the Wiimote? I couldn't beat a song on easy with it :XD:

I had to use the Wiimote to play Co-op with my brother. I thought it was pretty easy considering that it's only the bass line for most songs.

I wouldn't have done it if you didn't unlock any new songs.

In other news, I'm stuck on Lou's battle on hard. I fail after getting 2 battle powers. #-o

I've also been trying to get 100% on every song on easy. 8-)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

In other news, I'm stuck on Lou's battle on hard. I fail after getting 2 battle powers. #-o

Save your battle powers, when you have 2 or 3 and lou is about to get battle power in the middle of a hard part use the first, when it's about to wear out use the second. By then if you still haven't won he will at least be in the red and you will be close to getting your next battle power.

In expert it's much harder because the song isn't easy to play anymore :(

Tried out Knights of Cydonia on Medium for the heck of it, to see where you're having trouble -- I got 202k and 5* on my Sightread, but wtf is up with those hammer-ons at the end, they make no sense?

I can never get the beat right, so I always end up strumming at the wrong time. They don't belong there at all. :x

Just wondering, is anyone here getting it for the PC? Would be sweet to play multiplayer with people I at least recognise. Twin guitars = as rock'n roll as it possibly gets.

9 days left.

2009rb9.jpg

^ Are there gamertags for the PC or something? :-s

Uhh, not exactly sure what you mean by that, but you will be able to play co-op and multiplayer on the PC as well. Not sure how multiplayer will work though... if you will have to know the person beforehand, or if there will be some sort of serverlist-a-la-Counter Strike and people host their own servers or something.

How does it work on the Xbox 360/PS3? My guess is that PC will be the same.

2009rb9.jpg

^ Are there gamertags for the PC or something? :-s

Uhh, not exactly sure what you mean by that, but you will be able to play co-op and multiplayer on the PC as well. Not sure how multiplayer will work though... if you will have to know the person beforehand, or if there will be some sort of serverlist-a-la-Counter Strike and people host their own servers or something.

How does it work on the Xbox 360/PS3? My guess is that PC will be the same.

Xbox live works you have a gamertag abit like steam id.

I may get it for pc doubt it tho.

My guitar is acting funny, about 2% of the time I press the red or green fret button it won't work. While it sounds minor, it's extremely frustrating on a song such as Raining Blood or One.

Anyone else have this problem?

That hasn't happened to me yet, but sometimes my whammy bar doesn't work for like 4 songs, then it works again :lol:

My guitar is acting funny, about 2% of the time I press the red or green fret button it won't work. While it sounds minor, it's extremely frustrating on a song such as Raining Blood or One.

My friend had this problem and his only solution was to get a new guitar.

111-1.jpg

That hasn't happened to me yet, but sometimes my whammy bar doesn't work for like 4 songs, then it works again :lol:

Happened to me to once...I got really frustrated after a while but then I found out my remote just needed new batteries :?

Edit: Woo! Just got 11mill points on Expert career~

2czeqeh.jpg

Happened to me to once...I got really frustrated after a while but then I found out my remote just needed new batteries :?

Edit: Woo! Just got 11mill points on Expert career~

congratulations, you've played guitar hero enough to get 11 million points. you are a [bleep]!!! :lol: hehehe south park reference :anxious:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg