Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One ftw!

Cannot wait for it.

Methinks another all nighter playing on guitar hero at my friends is in order.

psshhh....You could be playing halo 3! :wink: (just kidding)

I can't wait to play this game!

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Well, just gonna put this out there for all of you.

The big kahuna (other than through the fire and the flames by dragonforce)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_znMI5hRxKY

well now, that's safe. i'd think that makes most of the other songs look like a crying baby.

Well, just gonna put this out there for all of you.

The big kahuna (other than through the fire and the flames by dragonforce)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_znMI5hRxKY

well now, that's safe. i'd think that makes most of the other songs look like a crying baby.

That...was...sick :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see how hard Reigning Blood turns out to be :ohnoes:

Edit: Found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdcDsMeb_1E :P

Lmao @ 1:40

2czeqeh.jpg

Im not getting gh3, im getting rock band. In my opinion, rock band has better songs, and u get drums, microphone, guitar, and bass. rock band is by same ppl as gh1 and gh2(my 2 favorite games), so im sticking with harmonix

Ok, lets rethink this Rock Band, is basically Singstar combined with guitar hero, with some drums. Sure the drums look fun, but the songs IMO don't look all that great, the guitar and bass is just the same as from Guitar Hero, and the microphone, well noone will bother with it, you don't even hear people singing when you go online, you just hear the proper singers voice and see how well the player controlled singer is doing along the top. They should've just released drum hero as everything else has already been done, possibly better, in other games.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Im not getting gh3, im getting rock band. In my opinion, rock band has better songs, and u get drums, microphone, guitar, and bass. rock band is by same ppl as gh1 and gh2(my 2 favorite games), so im sticking with harmonix

Ok, lets rethink this Rock Band, is basically Singstar combined with guitar hero, with some drums. Sure the drums look fun, but the songs IMO don't look all that great, the guitar and bass is just the same as from Guitar Hero, and the microphone, well noone will bother with it, you don't even hear people singing when you go online, you just hear the proper singers voice and see how well the player controlled singer is doing along the top. They should've just released drum hero as everything else has already been done, possibly better, in other games.

that and while the person is singing everyone has to shut up because the microphone will pick up their voices and have the entire band fail. now wheres the fun in that if you cant say anything and you do your in danger of losing

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

that and while the person is singing everyone has to shut up because the microphone will pick up their voices and have the entire band fail. now wheres the fun in that if you cant say anything and you do your in danger of losing

Exactly and who has 4 friends and a room big enough to set everything up to play it offline anyway? noone thats who, It's going to be one of those games where unless they make it so you can have an AI player for unwanted parts, there are going to be millions of people online wanting to play guitar and drums, and like a third of that wanting to play bass and sing.

As for GH3, I'm ready now, completed GH2 on expert today AND 5 starred every song on hard (ha in your face Carry Me Home!) shame I have to wait another month, damn you europe! :x

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Plus if Guitar Hero costed ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50 with a guitar think how much Rock Band will cost o.O

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

Plus if Guitar Hero costed ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50 with a guitar think how much Rock Band will cost o.O

$180.

Sunday I'll be playing it all day. Got it pre-ordered.

Add me at X1oSn1p3r1oX if your buying it and we can play some time. 8-)

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I pre-ordered, but was wandering if we'll get it on Sunday. Does UPS or Fedex run on Sunday? That would really suck if I had to wait till Monday to get it.

Er, you'll be in Mexico. What does it matter?

p2gq.jpg

Will there be online play? If so, how would it work? I have a Wii but I haven't played anything online.

Maybe we should set up some sort of online GH3 event? :ohnoes:

Ya...I heard somewhere there should be online play for all 3 next-gen systems.

And that would be a great idea...TIF Guitar Hero Tourney!

( I would own you all 8-) )

2czeqeh.jpg

Will there be online play? If so, how would it work? I have a Wii but I haven't played anything online.

Maybe we should set up some sort of online GH3 event? :ohnoes:

Ya...I heard somewhere there should be online play for all 3 next-gen systems.

And that would be a great idea...TIF Guitar Hero Tourney!

( I would own you all 8-) )

There is indeed online for all 3 systems, but you cant play cross format.

Tk5SF.png