Pest Control

Marvel Titan

i for one don't go there much these days due to the large amount of noobs and leaks from pc groups, but i just had a thought of should jagex make pest control like barbarian assult? where you can choose your own team of 20 people

This would help out the proper players alot and leave all them pures to go do some proper training

this would also decrease the amount of mid 70's to 90's powering their way through to 100+ combat

What are your thoughts on this?

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm true but my intial thought behind this was to stop all these pures and stakers getting these unique stats they can get using pc. also as a high(ish) lvl i do get annoyed when they come and flood a world, can get very frustrating, maybe ill just stick to slayer \'

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

I think they should just get rid of pc alltogether, seems to have brought out the worst in everybody since it was released.

But it would probably be hard for jagex to impliment a system where you can choose a team for it, just because of how quick games go and how quick some people come and go, may be more of an annoyance than a better way for hardcore pc'ers.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think they should just get rid of pc alltogether, seems to have brought out the worst in everybody since it was released.

But it would probably be hard for jagex to impliment a system where you can choose a team for it, just because of how quick games go and how quick some people come and go, may be more of an annoyance than a better way for hardcore pc'ers.

Although i'm in Heart unit yes i wouldn't mind pc getting taken off rs, it would bring pride back into high levels. Also i hardly pc now due to the amount of pures ruining the worlds constantly :|

Hmm true but my intial thought behind this was to stop all these pures and stakers getting these unique stats they can get using pc. also as a high(ish) lvl i do get annoyed when they come and flood a world, can get very frustrating, maybe ill just stick to slayer \'

never read such a nice reply :) i hate pest control with a passion and like slayer \' \'

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

moral of this topic: don't do PC :D

no seriously, I never do PC because I hate it

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

In my guess i reckon their would still be alot of pc groups but they would change to having a set world and in this set world pcers would come and go looking for a space on a team such as HU would have say world 44 using 5-6 teams and when somebody leaves they just shout out that they need someone to join or something, it could work just needs more improvements to the idea.

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Although i'm in Heart unit yes i wouldn't mind pc getting taken off rs, it would bring pride back into high levels.

Last time there was pride in having high melee skills during rsc and first months of rs2.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Although i'm in Heart unit yes i wouldn't mind pc getting taken off rs, it would bring pride back into high levels.

Last time there was pride in having high melee skills during rsc and first months of rs2.

Its easy to say feel proud of being a high level for this gone era of rsc but nowaday you say that to someone you'll probably get flamed for lying :?

I must agree there is alot of noob around, but even without pc you'll still get arrogant and stubborn high levels who seem to think there something speical.

i myself speak to anyone on runescape aslong as they approach me in a sensible manner. if someone comes up to me talking like a [developmentally delayed]ed bannana ill just ignore them :-#

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

i myself speak to anyone on runescape aslong as they approach me in a sensible manner. if someone comes up to me talking like a [developmentally delayed] bannana ill just ignore them :-#

Oh you've so got to let me quote that in my sig :XD:

Yeh there would still be a problem of the arrogant higher lvls, but there would be aLOT less coming into circulation

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

very very bad idea, think if a team of 120s got organised they could prolly get a game done in 40 seconds with waiting time included there for thats bout 2.5k exp a minute (including points and hits)

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

Yes you are exactly right. I was around 250th to 99 attack and now I am not even in the top 1000 on the highscores despite having 20.5m attack xp. There is no pride in that. And there is no pride in having something in common with the new "high levels" that come out of pest control.

PC was Jagex's greatest mistake and they will never, ever be able to reverse the damage they've done.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

PC was Jagex's greatest mistake and they will never, ever be able to reverse the damage they've done.

I've never played PC, but I've heard that it's the fastest way to train mele. If it's too easy, then Jagex can fix that easily -- just make it harder. Give the "pests" higher defense, or whatever. But you're right that all of the high level "PC products" will still be out there.

punitivedsig.png

I've never played PC, but I've heard that it's the fastest way to train mele. If it's too easy, then Jagex can fix that easily -- just make it harder. Give the "pests" higher defense, or whatever. But you're right that all of the high level "PC products" will still be out there.

Yep there will be. And there is literally tens of thousands of them.

Just to give you an idea, on RSC 15k xp an hour was about the best you could get unless you were an extremely high level training in the pirates hut or the axe hut in the wildy. At the start of RS2 the best xp per hour you could get was about 30-35k per hour.

Now with PC it's 2-3 times that and coupled with the gilded altar, level 126s are now more common on rs2 than level 100+ were on classic. There is just no respect in getting 120+ combat now, it's ridiculously easy.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Although I've only seen a video of the (Infamous) Falador Massacre, maybe we need a PC Massacre to scare the "PC Noobs" away. Ok, it's a poorly conceived idea but what the hay! Maybe PC should be changed so that when you die during a game, you drop your items.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Yep there will be. And there is literally tens of thousands of them.

Just to give you an idea, on RSC 15k xp an hour was about the best you could get unless you were an extremely high level training in the pirates hut or the axe hut in the wildy. At the start of RS2 the best xp per hour you could get was about 30-35k per hour.

Now with PC it's 2-3 times that and coupled with the gilded altar, level 126s are now more common on rs2 than level 100+ were on classic. There is just no respect in getting 120+ combat now, it's ridiculously easy.

/agree

I'm sick of all the people crying to make pc even more easy. Die in fire.

rs 2004-2007

wow 2006-2008

not really using it anymore.

i only use it when i need like 10k or 5k xp!(the last xp is the hardest to get!)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

@ op

I love how the pures should do 'proper training', but its fine for everyone else to do 'unproper training'

No actually if you read the comments, most its not pures that are the problem, far from that actually.

zqXeV.jpg