Pest Control

Marvel Titan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I've only seen a video of the (Infamous) Falador Massacre, maybe we need a PC Massacre to scare the "PC Noobs" away. Ok, it's a poorly conceived idea but what the hay! Maybe PC should be changed so that when you die during a game, you drop your items.

You are an obviouis [wagon]. What the hell is with this "PC Noob" [cabbage]? Have the ever played the game? Just because it gives an extra 20k exp an hour means it's ruining the game? And suddenly someone is a noob for playing a minigame in which you actually get decent exp?I have been playing runescape since 2004, and since I play pc for an extra 20k an hour, I am a noob?

Dropping you items when you die? That seems fair. Especially when you can't run away from the 10 level 130 monsters that are piled on top of you. Maybe they should do the same for castle wars too then! Heck, why even keep 3 items when you die? I say you should loose all you items, AND loose 5% of your exp!

Btw, PC MASSACRE?? Oh no! Someone came to pc to kill everybody instead of fally this time! Obviously this glitch was caused by pest control since it is a pvp mini game, and we should all stay away from it!!

[/sarcasm]

PC disgusts me. While training slayer, I've ran into many 120+'s that regret ever training at PC. I've never been to PC, and never will go. Being able to get to 99 attack/strength/defence/HP/range/magic in a couple of weeks is outrageous.

The only way to fix PC is to lower the XP rewards dramatically.

hatewn1.png

PC disgusts me. While training slayer, I've ran into many 120+'s that regret ever training at PC. I've never been to PC, and never will go. Being able to get to 99 attack/strength/defence/HP/range/magic in a couple of weeks is outrageous.

I can get 99 attack in 2 weeks at several different monsters. Pc might shave 2 days off that time.

Even without a clan, everyone can use pc for fast training. I got 95-99 mage without a clan there. And the high combat level people who didn't use pc already have the levels it's not exactly free xp, it takes time to get 99s at pc, albeit quicker but it requires more attention and is still an achievement.

Basically all skills have become easier to train, pyramid plunder, cook x etc. Even without these, the game has become increasingly popular and naturaly more people would be at a higher level, downgrading the great achievements of yesteryear.

Anyways, I'm biased because I plan on getting 99 range and str there. :wink: I agree though it's stupid that I won't be firing a single arrow if it goes to plan to get 99 range, but that's the way it works.

tipitsigtd0.png

2kshortmn1.png

I have been pcing for about a month or so. I am almost 90 attack. My other levels I raised with doing slayer and fighting trolls/fire giants for drops. The problem I see with PC is that it doesnt fit with the rest of the game. There is no risks involved, only rewards. I don't see the problem with pures other than they never help with the portals (as far as I can tell).

I wish they would let us pick teams for the boats and base the monster levels on the on their competition. I hate being on a world full of noobs that dont know how to finish the rounds fast.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

The problem I see with PC is that it doesnt fit with the rest of the game. There is no risks involved, only rewards.

Your exactly right with that, other minigames in rs that people would compare this sort of fast exp to have risks, pyramid plunder for example, for most there is no bank near, and you get regularly poisoned and attacked there.

If pc had ANY sort of risk then it wouldn't be so bad.

Normally there isnt even any risk of losing the game, nowdays, losing at pc is a rarety. It needs making harder, rewards could be kept the same is, for say, the portals were double hp, or had much higher defence than before.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Although I've only seen a video of the (Infamous) Falador Massacre, maybe we need a PC Massacre to scare the "PC Noobs" away. Ok, it's a poorly conceived idea but what the hay! Maybe PC should be changed so that when you die during a game, you drop your items.

You are an obviouis [wagon]. What the hell is with this "PC Noob" [cabbage]? Have the ever played the game? Just because it gives an extra 20k exp an hour means it's ruining the game? And suddenly someone is a noob for playing a minigame in which you actually get decent exp?I have been playing runescape since 2004, and since I play pc for an extra 20k an hour, I am a noob?

Dropping you items when you die? That seems fair. Especially when you can't run away from the 10 level 130 monsters that are piled on top of you. Maybe they should do the same for castle wars too then! Heck, why even keep 3 items when you die? I say you should loose all you items, AND loose 5% of your exp!

Btw, PC MASSACRE?? Oh no! Someone came to pc to kill everybody instead of fally this time! Obviously this glitch was caused by pest control since it is a pvp mini game, and we should all stay away from it!!

[/sarcasm]

I had a feeling I'd get some flaming for my statement. Anyways, one possible way to balance PC is to make the monsters dynamically scale their stats according to the team that's currently in a game. Kill_Thomas9, I already stated in my original statement that a "PC Massacre" is an ill conceived idea.

Maybe your comments could have been more constructive if you were trying to convince me and win me over as a Pest Control supporter. Clearly, our opinions are polar opposites on this issue so maybe we should just call it a truce before this escalates into a full out flame war.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

I think that the only part with pures is that they are low level. For example when i go to a pc world the first thing i do is look on the barge to see what the lvls are of the people there. Now if i look in their and see it full of lvl 50s or 60s i'm out. Now maybe they are pures and maybe they are not but the point is that when the higher lvls see all the low lvls in the barge they leave thus destroying the world.

Also the pures never attack the portals they just attack the monsters and don't really help at all. Plus they usually leak the world to there other pure friends.

The true fact of it is pc ruined the game, yes, but we all love how easy it is to get exp so fast thus giveing us more time to have fun or train other skills.

prospektssigza4.jpg

i would suck because i dont even have 20 friends that are high enough to do that with lol. i think they should make servers that only let 100+ , 110+ , 120+ get into the boat

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

i for one don't go there much these days due to the large amount of noobs and leaks from pc groups, but i just had a thought of should jagex make pest control like barbarian assult? where you can choose your own team of 20 people

This would help out the proper players alot and leave all them pures to go do some proper training

this would also decrease the amount of mid 70's to 90's powering their way through to 100+ combat

What are your thoughts on this?

no way they should- more xp for pc products= more lvl 126 noobs.

i mean come on- you get 2x normal experiance and still complain other players being in the game? thats sad.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

No way they should do that - that would slow down the minigame, not fit in, make hunting elitist clans harder and just overall detract fun from my favorite minigame.

Blatant generalization, sir! That's assuming that all low levels are idiots and all high levels are mature people. Not true at all!

Get around 7k points for a 99 skill (from about level 70) at 50 points an hour in a 90+ clan (MUCH less without a clan) and then that post might be justified. If they lowered the XP any more then PC would have been a complete waste of Jagex's time since no one would play it anymore. Obviously they put a lot of effort into it and aren't going to tweak it anymore.

@ op

I love how the pures should do 'proper training', but its fine for everyone else to do 'unproper training'

Yeah. :\

I know how there are some of those annoying pures who ruin your PC games, but seriously, PC is still way too easy, and as someone else said there is no risks involved. Leave PC alone IMO (stop suggesting improvements), or just remove it out of the game altogether.

Blatant generalization, sir! That's assuming that all low levels are idiots and all high levels are mature people. Not true at all!

In the olden days, lvl 126s were respectful- some of them were disrespectful, but atleast they knew something about the game- i have been asked: ''Hey 0x where yanil is??'' by a lvl 121 player- now that is sad.

Now as others have said- about 20k xp h was the max experiance an hour in rsc- less than 40k at start of rs2- i can easily top 120k xp h in pc- pc ruined combat as it was, and that is the main reason of all those low level skillers out there.

i for one don't go there much these days due to the large amount of noobs and leaks from pc groups, but i just had a thought of should jagex make pest control like barbarian assult? where you can choose your own team of 20 people

This would help out the proper players alot and leave all them pures to go do some proper training

this would also decrease the amount of mid 70's to 90's powering their way through to 100+ combat

What are your thoughts on this?

i mean come on- you get 2x normal experiance and still complain other players being in the game? thats sad.

:lol: Not quite if you read all my comments on this subject. as i stated and my friend who posted on the first paged at it being his idea. i myself rarely use pc and when i do im not perticularly bothered about exp as i ice burst which gets me magic exp so loosing is exceptable to me.

i just wanted to see everyone else's opinions on this. i slay all the time because i love the skill so dno't go calling me sad \'

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

@ op

I love how the pures should do 'proper training', but its fine for everyone else to do 'unproper training'

No actually if you read the comments, most its not pures that are the problem, far from that actually.

No actually if you read my post I said @ op, which means I am directing it at the original poster.
sigxp6.png

xpx, 120k per hour is not possible unless you have around 99 in the stat and are getting more than 50 points per hour. Most anti-PCs complain about low levels getting to high levels in impossible times, not maxed out players getting super fast xp.

Also it's harder for low levels to get points, e.g hard to get zeal in high level worlds & slower clans/public worlds.

RS1 is out of the question, I still play that occasionaly and already know that. It was also possible to get more than 40k per hour before PC.

To be honest I trained a lot on PC wondering why everyone hated it so much. After finally seeing the explanation of it here it's very likely that i'll stop completely. Tbh now I only do it now and again when I'm bored but before it was my 'training place' and I've grown a ridiculous amount of levels from it. after I've finished this lot of 100 (I'll use it as my goodbye lol) I'll train using slayer me thinks. Thanks for helping me 'see the light' (lol) you guys :D

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

xpx, 120k per hour is not possible unless you have around 99 in the stat and are getting more than 50 points per hour. Most anti-PCs complain about low levels getting to high levels in impossible times, not maxed out players getting super fast xp.

Also it's harder for low levels to get points, e.g hard to get zeal in high level worlds & slower clans/public worlds.

RS1 is out of the question, I still play that occasionaly and already know that. It was also possible to get more than 40k per hour before PC.

the unless was correctly placed- i am all melee stats 99 and thats the reason i can get up to 140k attack xp an hour- now i know lower levers can not get as much as experiance as i would, but, when they would train normally, they would also get ALOT less experiance than i do, so its fair.

well i think it will be a good idea so clans cxan play and there could be a room in it just like barb assult so u dont have to pick a team just lke how it is now, apperently im at pc so i was drawn to this post ::' im getting 72 def today (it is now 67) almost 100 pest points!!! that will be like 500k xp :shock: so yeah i think it would be good. getting 90cb today!!!!!! \'

Shots-Sig.jpg

I pc when I want fast xp, we all want fast xp so why complian about a popular way of getting gallons of xp?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

we all want fast xp so why complian about a popular way of getting gallons of xp?

Let's see if this helps you understand the point. Imagine if Jagex created a "minigame" that allowed you to walk up and kill a goblin and your reward would be level 99 in any skill of your choice. Assume you could play the game as often as you wanted. Would that be an improvement to the game? If you think not, why not? You want fast xp, right? It couldn't get much faster than that! But everyone would have a skillcape in every skill you say? It would be too easy you say? That's the point, exactly.

Getting high levels is supposed to be hard. If it's too easy, what's the point? It's good to have alternative ways to earn xp, but it's not good if one way is very much easier than others. I don't really know whether PC is much easier than other training methods -- I've never tried it, but the popular perception among those who have seems to be that it is much easier than any other training method out there. If so, then Jagex should adjust it. The adjustment would be easy -- just give the things you have to kill (gates, or whatever) higher defense. That would slow down the torrent of xp. People would then choose PC because they enjoy the nature of the game, not for easy xp. That would be a positive update, it seems to me.

punitivedsig.png

I'll admit that PC faster exp than training slayer or grinding on monsters. This doesn't make it "easier" by any means.

And, most importantly, it's a lot more FUN. The game is all about FUN.

And, considering how long it takes to max combat in RuneScape compared to many other MMO's, it's a ridiculously long time. A player could get 3 WoW accounts to level 70 in the time it takes someone to PC 126 combat.

To the original post, I would love to see this. As a halfop in Heart Unit, I know all about leakers and undesirables. Seeing something like that would be very nice. I'll take 10-15 guys who i know are hardcore than maybe 5 who rock and 20 who just attack shifters the whole time.

Elitist? Perhaps. More like survival of the fittest.

Mastermule52.png

The refuge that you built to flee that places that you've come to fear the most ... is the place that you have come to fear the most.

Operator - http://www.heartunit.org

Council - http://z8.invisionfree.com/skillaz

Moderator - http://forum.meebo.com