Everyone wants a dragon pick, right?

Fairness

Well, now the new mania is "lagex i wunt droagn pix plz" on the RS OF, but I was thinking about this. Wouldn't mining become easier with its introduction? Of course it would! Someone would first buy one and mass-mine stuff. There would be a load of, say, Coal in RS, which would first fetch a nice profit but then it would decrease prices as the supply would be darn high. Is there anything true in this little thought? Tell me if I'm a noob at this.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Well, now the new mania is "lagex i wunt droagn pix plz" on the RS OF, but I was thinking about this. Wouldn't mining become easier with its introduction? Of course it would! Someone would first buy one and mass-mine stuff. There would be a load of, say, Coal in RS, which would first fetch a nice profit but then it would decrease prices as the supply would be darn high. Is there anything true in this little thought? Tell me if I'm a noob at this.

No1 would alone massmine anything: many of them would come to the game around the same time. No matter what way it was gotten (unless by anew skill), it could be gotten by so many that no1 could abuse it. Second, it most likely wouldn't be THAT powerful.

The demand and supply meet quite well in mining now. Because of high level prices the price of ores isn't too low and the number of miners keep the prices low enough. A new pickaxe wouldn't most likely affect to ore prices at all, it would just make this skill a bit easier.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Unless it got you 2 ores at once.

Unlikely though.. :anxious:

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Nah, i don't think that will ever happen,

I think it will be just like the Dragon axe, it will only look good and won't

be much faster to mine than with the Rune pickaxe.

It wouldn't affect the prize so much, unless it's really, really good. This is because demand and supply both are on about the same level now, and it will take alot of hard pushes to this before anything seriously change could happen in the mining buisness.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

1st it would be members only and members hate to mine for the most part to my knowledge.

2nd ore respawn would put a pretty unmoveable cap on the ore pre hour.

Before they give us a new pic axe, they need to completely rework mining.

Compare it to fishing..rock is there, then gone. in Fishing you, and everyone else, just keep going. even after catching something.

35b9enp.jpg

Spooferfish: I think it should remain the same. That is what makes mining a unique skill. So no, let's NOT compare it to fishing. (I think supply would increase a lot if it was like fishing tbh)

25leaf: To your 2nd point, I thought of this, in the guild, many coal rocks remain unmined for quite a bit before someone attempts to mine them, because there is so many and everyone is still trying to mine other rocks.

Well, it seems I didn't make a good point tho... :cry:

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

why is it around 3mil if its only for the look?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

In my opinion the D axe really does have a noticeable increase in speed, and with the competition in mining it would make a world of difference. I dont think an incrase in ore would crash the economy though.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Before they give us a new pic axe, they need to completely rework mining.

Compare it to fishing..rock is there, then gone. in Fishing you, and everyone else, just keep going. even after catching something.

Every skill is unique in the way you do it (well the raw-material ones)

Mining = never moving spot, and only 1 player gets the reward from each rock

Fishing = moving spot, and the amount of players does not effect you at all.

Woodcutting = never moving spots, and more then 1 player gets the rewards from each tree.

I am happy they arent all the same... so :shame:

sig.jpg

This is the General forums, not the General P2P. And since a dragon pickaxe will probably be members, I say, "Wrong forum."

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

frankly, i'd prefer a mining update. Mining currently is click, get ore. There is no other way to train the skill. There needs to be a few more options, and they will do that. Woodcutting is exactly the same way, except you can get more than one "thing" per "thing" #2". Those 2 were obviously the front-runners on "what skill needs to be updated poll". Kinda a tip off to jagex. So i suspect either a d-pickaxe or a mining update in the near future.

In terms of how good it will be...i think it will be like the dragon axe with wc.

why is it around 3mil if its only for the look?

Because you can only get it from 3 lvl 303 monsters, and even then it's not a common drop...yet it's really easy to get a rune axe? :roll:

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

Well let's use the rune axe and dragon axe as an example(sorry if this example is used already, just read the post and replied). When the dragon axe was released were there people mass WCing with them? Even if there were, they were no better then a rune axe. Even when they got a power boost, they were not that much better then a rune axe. It will probably be the same, it won't be that much better then rune.

hatewn1.png

yup, I agree. The dragon axe cuts justa wee bit faster then rune, because I am sure JAGEX was in tune with woodcutters concerns about the perceived end of the woodcutting world, if the dragon axe was released. It was released, the world didnt end, and it DOES cut faster, but not enough to "ruin" or drastically change the RS economy. IMHO the dragon pickaxe would closely replicate this. It would pick a slight percentage faster then the rune one, look pretty, and maybe even have a cute little special to use against the rock monsters that pop up. Not the end of the world. I dont mine, but someday intend to :)

maybe by then it will be out.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

i dont want a dragon pick, because mining should remain the hardest skill to train and 2nd most profitable of all time

Mining is pretty much the only skill that hasn't had an update during rs2 times that would actually help training it. We've gotten few lazy mining areas but that's it. Only fm is another that hasn't had a helpful or a big update yet.

Hunter = implings

Rc = abyss

smith = smith/smelt-x

cook = cook-x

fishing = monkfish

construction = item storage room, crystal saw

Prayer = ecto, altar, dagannoth bones, ogre bones

thieving = pyramid plunder, gloves of silence (or whatever they were)

slayer = dark beast, later unique drop for them

farming = fertile soil lunar spell, magic secateurs

Woodcutting = dragon axe

fletch = fletch-x

magic = ancients, lunars

crafting = onyx, bracelets

ranged = red chinchompa

farming = sara brews, farming, new ways to get bird nests fast

agility = new course 2 times a year

melee skills = new weapons, armours, etc.

When I look at the updates other skills have gotten, I don't think dragon pickaxe would be that bad update. Mining already is somewhat forgotten skill and almost the only skill that hasn't had a real update. Also a new pickaxe wouldn't make it that much easier. However it would make it less irritating to train. I also don't see a reason why it should stay one of the hardest skills (it isn't the hardest btw) to train.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

It would not impact on the prices, sadly the fact in the majorty of the resourses come in via autoers...... the people using dragon pick axes will be using them for the extra xp, and not the extra profit...... having a dragon wood cutting axe is too expencive to actually gain you more money.

I have my axe for the XP.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I thought it was clear from the achievement diaries that Jagex spends weeks doing what they call balance which is making sure things fit in the game.

Look at the dragon axe, at first it didn't have any difference. Did they forget to make it better or just expect it to be used as a weapon? Or perhaps, and far more likely, they knew what serious impact this could have on the game, and easily make it unbalanced if they were not careful. Eventually they made it wc a bit faster, but only a bit. It's not remarkably faster and that's probably because that would mean completely screwing over how logs are obtained.

Same goes for mining, although mining is even harder. What are all these ridiculous speculations of mining multiple ores at once? that effectively cuts the price of ALL ores in half, as well as this pickaxe being ridiculously expensive. Expect the same you get from the dragon axe really but yes I hope they do release it for two reasons

First of all, monster hunting just rules, greatest form of PVM ftw! Another extremely dangerous monster in a crazy dungeon filled with trecherous monsters? Count me in! This is what RPGs are all about!

Second of all, faster mining even if it would be slight is great.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

The prices on ore might depress a bit when dragon pickaxe comes out, but it'll hardly be gamebreaking. Your best example is impact of dragon axe on wc or abyss on rc.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it