Is magic too weak??

Magic_Shad3

Mage isnt weak.But its not meant for 1 on 1 fights.Magic is weak and strong.Normal Magics are just basics for those mages who have started or want to train without a huge amount of cash dissapearing from their banks.Ancient magics are like the masters of death for mages.1 shot from a ancient magics person can pretty much immobilize Anything within 3x3 of your target.Lunar magics are like the medics of clans.They can heal poison and tele peeps when in a bad situation.Clans that ive been to were like this:Melee attacks the enemy head on,range in the back row bombards the enemy with arrows,and mages with ancient magics freeze the enemys within range.

So your saying magic is like a support for fighting in clans basically?

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider This: Mages can train ranged to an equal level without gaining a combat level, so mage can either hybrid up or they can sit and complain like you currently are bro. No offense or anything, but it's true, so quit your whinning

:geek:

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

The problem I am having with a magician, is that they hit too low. In most other MMO's, mages are known for their high damage output. But in RuneScape, magicians are the weakest-hitting class. Rangers can hit up to 40/50 with their crossbows, and melee-ers can also hit up to 50+, yet mages are limited to a max hit of 35.

The thing is, you can't pk with magic alone. It has NO k0 potential at all. The only way to win in to pretty much force your opponant to eat all of their food.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

The thing is, you can't pk with magic alone. It has NO k0 potential at all. The only way to win in to pretty much force your opponant to eat all of their food.

reminds me a bit of f2p pking =)

3 Dragon Claws, 60+ Barrows items, 2/4 Gwd Hilts(Bgw & Agw)

Quest Cape, Woodcutting Cape, Cooking Cape, Fletching Cape, Prayer Cape and Hitpoints Cape.

If there were no hybrids, the triangle would be perfect.

I disagree. How many players have, by now, worked out that magic and mellee can be used together? What about those melleers who use black dragonhide to avoid some scary ancient freezing them to death? And what about the use of Ancient Magicks while popping shots off with a rune crossbow? No-one should be restricted in their style of combat, and frankly, a little ingenuity never hurt anyone. Should I be terrified of an ancient and know that I'm going to die, or make the game more fun by pulling out a dds, dragonhide, and seeing who can win?

Let's evlove in our style of combat.

runescapess162607v.jpg

Dragon drops: Half shield(cs), med helm(cs) Chainbody (cs) (I do a lot of monster hunting with my clan!

Barrows: Guthan's plateboy [1]

GWD: None yet, only done a few trips

Others: I'd love to be able to let you know.

GentleAura.png

In my post, I was referring to what the person above me stated. Hybriding should absolutely be allowed, and is fair. I'm just saying that, without hybrids, the triangle would be perfect, and you wouldn't have meleer's with dragonhide to beat mages.

Hybriding should and is allowed though, so no worries

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I think magic is plenty powerful. It doesn't have the same raw damage potential as melee or range, but I think the freezing and stuff does enough to make up for it. The only real problem is the cost of the runes, which I think is a heavy handicap. It's too prohibitive. That's the real reason magic isn't more popular for combat.

Many more skill-used spells than combat.

But, Ice barrage -> teleblock -> smoke barrage x2 -> run + ice barrage + run more = owned.

Ice barrage and teleblock are in different skill books.

Range AND melee can be self sustaining in pvp and magic cant.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Like a few other people have said...i believe magic has good and bads.....sumone else said that ice barrage is one of the most devastating mage attacks in the game and i would agree with him completely....i think that the regular spellbook is far too weak because the highest lvl spell which u can attack ppl with is at 75 and when ur playing against other people using this spell...they can turn on pro mage and it omost completely ineffective...even with high levels of mage....but on the other hand i think ancients is very strong...and can hit very hard..... :)

Fire_Water06.png

Fire_Water06.png

We Don't Choose Our Birth, And We Don't Choose Our Death......

fire_water06.gif

Fire_water06.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my two cents

the barrage spells ive always thought of as a bad spell. i like how you can heal yourself or freeze you opponent but i hate the fact that you can attack a 9x9 square.

but other than that magic is way to underpowered in p2p whats the max like 30 and f2p it is only 16.

but the fact that magic can hit a 16 at lv 59 while i am 65 str i need 2h and 15% pray to hit a 16, And with 88 range i need addy arrows and 15% prayer to hit 16s

so i think that mage needs higher hits but it should be given to them slower.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

I disagree. How many players have, by now, worked out that magic and mellee can be used together? What about those melleers who use black dragonhide to avoid some scary ancient freezing them to death? And what about the use of Ancient Magicks while popping shots off with a rune crossbow? No-one should be restricted in their style of combat, and frankly, a little ingenuity never hurt anyone. Should I be terrified of an ancient and know that I'm going to die, or make the game more fun by pulling out a dds, dragonhide, and seeing who can win?

Can you combine Range and Melee effectively?..or lets say can you combine both of them in such an easy manner as Melee and Magic or Range and Magic?

And that is what makes the difference. Don't ever expect Magic to support itself on 1 on 1 combat. Unless of course, hybriding is restricted. Even if you had spells that would hit 50, the cost of runes would be colossal.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Can you combine Range and Melee effectively?..or lets say can you combine both of them in such an easy manner as Melee and Magic or Range and Magic?

And that is what makes the difference. Don't ever expect Magic to support itself on 1 on 1 combat. Unless of course, hybriding is restricted. Even if you had spells that would hit 50, the cost of runes would be colossal.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

1) When I made my statement about hybrids, i was SAYING that the triangle would work if there were no hybrids. I am a hybrid, and i did NOT say or imply that hybrids should not be allowed, I fully support them and believe that any advantage, you should use.

2) I have no trouble using both magic and range while in combat. I takes some practice, but isn't as hard as you might imagine.

3) Magic only can be used in any 1 on 1 fight, and, while costly, is worth the advantage.

*points at sig*

I have some experience in this field ;)

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

• 1 month later...

How come magic has to hybrid to pk effectively if ranged/melee doesn't have to??????? (I'm not saying melee/ranged can't hybrid/is not good in hybriding, they don't NEED to hybrid whereas mage needs to hybrid to be effective.)

• 2 weeks later...
How come magic has to hybrid to pk effectively if ranged/melee doesn't have to??????? (I'm not saying melee/ranged can't hybrid/is not good in hybriding, they don't NEED to hybrid whereas mage needs to hybrid to be effective.)

A mage can annihilate any meleer or ranger, using only magic.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: