Your opinions on sex change?

liiiam

I'm not going to decide for them, but I personally think it's disgusting. Not to mention that it's not going to make them any happier.

How do you know?

What the hell? You seriously responded to my post within the same minute that I made it. You're so quick to jump down my throat it's actually amusing now. Lol.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL YES.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I don't realize. Sorry.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Well, ignorance is bliss, I guess.

I agree

it's not going to make them any happier.

So ignorant.

Signature3.gif

Ok childern...

I find it pretty wierd. I'm glad I don't know anyone transexual.

Go to Hollywood.. you'll see TONS of them..its pretty disturbing...

Formly known as TheKat146.

Retired in 2003 on RSC at combat level 111 <3

Sorry Victor, but you need proof that he can get into an argument with a rat.

Well, at least have the decency to spell my name right.

MPC: What's so wrong with rats? What if I wanna compare myself to a rat. It's my life, bug off.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Seems like it's their choice and no one elses. And I saw on Law & Order that there's a part of the brain that's different in males and females (like it's bigger in males or something). And they've looked at peoples brains and realized that their body didn't match that part of their brain. Soooo, it's not like all transsexuals are creepy, some of them actually have a condition.

MPC could get in an arguement with a rat. Which is quite pathetic.

It's even more pathetic that you're comparing yourself to a rat.

That comparison is not a very strange one. Rats are the most common human model.

About a sex change. I think it's perfectly fine. Lots of people fail to understand that it IS possible to be born in the wrong body. Some people have the physiology of a female, while they are born physically as a male. Needless to say these people generally feel very displeased with theirselves. A sex change is the perfect solution for that.

I find it offensive that people think it's disgusting or look down about those people. It's not something they wished for.

Personally though, I wouldn't want to have a sexual relationship with someone that changed sexes. It would make me feel uncomfortable. But I do have respect for those people and fully understand and accept their choice for a sex change.

Seems like it's their choice and no one elses. And I saw on Law & Order that there's a part of the brain that's different in males and females (like it's bigger in males or something). And they've looked at peoples brains and realized that their body didn't match that part of their brain. Soooo, it's not like all transsexuals are creepy, some of them actually have a condition.

Quite correct, especially in the sexual dimorphic nucleus you see a lot of changes between genders. Even homosexuality can be seen in the brains.

Also, there is a lot still to discover about sexual differentiation in the brain. There's a lot of interesting reading material about it.

People that have had a sex change have probably lead a very confused, angry life and I don't think they are in a position to decide whether or not a sex change would help them.

Keyword. Probably. Seeing as I get scolded that assuming things about people. (Rather funny assumptions, if I do say so myself.)

That's the thing, some probably do lead a confused life. But. some don't. If they choose to alter their bodies, let them do so. We do live in a free society, don't we?

Proud founder of the Myriad

People that have had a sex change have probably lead a very confused, angry life and I don't think they are in a position to decide whether or not a sex change would help them.

Keyword. Probably. Seeing as I get scolded that assuming things about people. (Rather funny assumptions, if I do say so myself.)

That's the thing, some probably do lead a confused life. But. some don't. If they choose to alter their bodies, let them do so. We do live in a free society, don't we?

I think you have to be confused about yourself if you think you were born in the wrong body and are willing to undergo life threatening no doubt very painful surgery for something that won't even work properly. Lets stop trying to be politically correct and "respecting" their decisions when we all know they have problems that they cant handle themselves.

I think you have to be confused about yourself if you think you were born in the wrong body and are willing to undergo life threatening no doubt very painful surgery for something that won't even work properly. Lets stop trying to be politically correct and "respecting" their decisions when we all know they have problems that they cant handle themselves.

How excactly would you know? Do you have a degree in phsychology? or experience in this subjuect? I think not. Please stop with your baseless phsychology-themed argument. Just because some people see no problem with an issue that you disagree with doesn't make in PC. Isn't it funny how everyone who holds a slightly discriminatory opinion screams about people being PC in order to justify what they think?

Anyway even if what your are saying is correct, what difference does it make to you? If people want to pursue a sex change then it should be up to them since it is private and only concerns them - will it harm anyone else? No. Just because you think something is disgusting doesn't make it so and it definately doesn't make it wrong.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

^^Says the guy who often makes a reference to the "evils of religion" in most of his posts. You're just asuming im some right wing tosser like xplsbam but I'm not going to fill that role in this "debate". You do not need a degree in Psychology (note correct spelling) to understand that these people are under pressures and have lived a very confused life as I said in my previous posts.

They could be a danger to society as they are very disturbed, they need proper psychological help not the declaration to hungrily have bits and pieces chopped off them. Seriously what is wrong with my opinion I'm not suggesting they should be exterminated or anything,just that it is to dangerous for (their own sakes) and societies to make this decision on their own.

[hide]

^^Says the guy who often makes a reference to the "evils of religion" in most of his posts. You're just asuming im some right wing tosser like xplsbam but I'm not going to fill that role in this "debate". You do not need a degree in Psychology (note correct spelling) to understand that these people are under pressures and have lived a very confused life as I said in my previous posts.

They could be a danger to society as they are very disturbed, they need proper psychological help not the declaration to hungrily have bits and pieces chopped off them. Seriously what is wrong with my opinion I'm not suggesting they should be exterminated or anything,just that it is to dangerous for (their own sakes) and societies to make this decision on their own.

[/hide]

How are they a danger to society? If you do consider sex-change to be harmfull then it only harms the person who has the procedure. What about "normal" people who choose to have cosmetic surgery? Do you consider people who have liposuction to be dangerous? The very term dangerous has it's own connotations as well - when is the last time you heard of a transexual killing somebody? (I'm sure you'll find some on google) I'm pretty certain it's a rarity.

Lets get this straight, I do not think religion is evil. I do think people in politicians shouldn't rule their countries without being swayed by outside infuences (such as religion) that concern them privately. Laws should not be created on the basis of religious morality considering that not everyone is going to share those beliefs. I think certain individuals take their religion out of context in order to justify certain forms of bigotry and to create tension - that in my opinion makes the person "evil" not the religion. Now can we get back on topic? As much as I love to talk about myself and my views on religion, we were debating something.

Oh by the way, thanks for spelling psychology for me. I really do feel like you've really impressed you mammoth intellect upon me and the tip.it community which has resulted in making me feel pathetically stupid.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The idea of changing gender disgusts me and I'm not likely to be "hanging out" with people who have had that procedure done. At the same time, I'm not going to try to stop them from getting it done either.

Pixeloaded.jpg

You make it seem like they're going into a dark alley and an ex-con is hacking away at them with a meat cleaver. And they're 'very disturbed'? They aren't hearing voices telling them that they should be a woman instead. They don't go around killing the opposite sex because they're jealous of them. How do you figure that they're so disturbed that you should take away their right to do what they want with THEIR OWN bodies? Oh, you're just looking out for them? That's why they get these operations done, because they probably feel trapped in the body they're in; they probably feel awkward, like they don't belong. And how is it so dangerous to society? You put all that out there saying that they're disturbed and it's too dangerous to let them decide for themselves. If it is, then it's too dangerous to have people deciding whether or not to have a nose job, or liposuction, or any other procedures.

How would they be a danger to society?

Why the [bleep] do you think some males go transgender to turn into a "female?"

They try to hide weapons up their "vagina." Perfect place to store a small knife. Perhaps you can even store a small pistol in their fake vagina.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Okay - I actually know people who are transgendered, and you guys have some gross misconceptions going around.

Someone who is transgendered isn't choosing this or going against nature. They tend to have always just felt wrong in their body; they don't identify as the gender they've been raised to believe they should. I'm a female, and I've always just felt right in my female body, and I've never questioned it. Until I met someone who was transgendered, I didn't understand how other people could, either. I admit that it did seem unnatural at first. But now I realize how mistaken I was; just because I'm lucky enough that my gender expression coincides with my biological sex doesn't mean everybody is. If someone identifies as such, who does it harm? Of course someone should be honest about their original biological sex with a significant other, but that should be a given - you should be honest about everything with a significant other.

I highly recommend the documentary series "Transgeneration" to see some real life students who are transgendered followed around and what their actual experiences are like.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg