An idea for leveling crafting

Recksash

This is a small idea of mine. If its a poor idea, please don't flame me. Thanks

After starting Mournings End Pt. One and gaining access to Lletya, I noticed that there was a general store pretty close to a spinning wheel. So I attempted a small experiment.

I had 500 flax, so I sold it all to the general store, then ran it to the spinning wheel, spun it, then sold my bs back to the general store. In about 25 minutes, I managed to spin 500 bs. Honestly I'm not sure how fast (relatively)this is.

Well, I wanted to keep my bs, so I bought and ran them to the bank. Running 430ish bs (sadly, some of them disappeared while in the general store) took aprox. 15 minutes.

To recap, I:

-Got the exp of making 500 bowstrings in about 25 minutes

-Lost about 2k buying and selling

-Basically made 34k (taking into account the cost of buying/selling at the general store, as well as losses as the stuff disappears) in 40 minutes (94k gross profit) on top of crafting exp. As that's how long it took for me to refine flax into bs. Assuming one buys flax for 100 each and sell bs for 200 each. Unless you pick your own flax...

Edit1-Just checked, one trip (starting with 0 run and running when possible) from Lletya bank to spinning wheel is about 130(2 mintues, 10 seconds) seconds . This times 500 is 6500 seconds or 108.3 minutes aka 1 hour and 42 minutes(about). I'm not sure why my way is faster, please tell me if I screwed up the equation.

Edit2-Mr_aff made the suggestion to note the flax, and only sell-then-buy-back in groups of 28, so no bowstrings are lost. This may slow you down a little bit, but probably makes up for the loss of almost 70 bowstrings! Thanks Mr_aff.

Edit3Thanks for all of the constructive criticism. I guess I'll simply use neizinot (or however you spell it) from now on :P

Constructive criticism is appreciated :P If my math is wrong, I'm sorry, I've never been all that good at math.

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

i dint understand why you sold them all to the store, why not have them noted and sell then buy back then spin then bank, then you wouldnt loose any

By the way, Verac only hits through prayer as an NPC, so if you wear it against people who prays, it wouldn't work.

i dint understand why you sold them all to the store, why not have them noted and sell then buy back then spin then bank, then you wouldnt loose any

That would a waste of time. As your visiting the bank every trip anyway you should just leave your flax int here and withdraw it each time, makes alot more sense than going to bank withdrawing it in note form going to shop to change it from note form to the spinner.

I'd say Lumbridge was almost, if not, just as fast.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

lumby or neitz are probably the best choices tbh.

They are the best choices.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I think lumby is faster the bank is 1 floor above the wheel and you don't have to worry about buying and seeling and you can string one more an inventory because you won't need cash.

i agree.

So wads the Selling price of flax to gen store?

wads the buying price of flax from gen store?

wads the selling price of BS from gen store?

I guess you would lose money if you buy the flax =[

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

i always used seers or lumby. its far less complicated and it doesnt require you to buy/sell anything and on top of that, the rate at which you can make it, according to your calculations, is slower than what i can do in seers or lumby. gotta give you some credit though for coming up with such a unique idea that is fairly efficient :)

Geesch.png

Geesch.png