Updates Over Dose/Jagex give us some rest

Matok

This RS month was one of the most intensive months in years. Lots of updates, some of them good,some even better. But wasn't it a bit too much?

It all started at June's behind the scene (that looks so far back now :D )

The upcoming release of the dark bow & dragon arrows triggered an hysterical race which spreaded out in 3 different directions.

People (like me) were trying to upgrade their slayer level as much as possible before the update.

Others were doing the same on the hunter route.

And some,were hunting chompies like there is no tomorrow, to make few bucks on the back of those unfortunate pie noobs(again,me).

04-Jun-2007 New quest - Hair of the dog .

Some Quest cape holders run to finish it while some (yea,me) had to kiss their cape goodbye for now since they didn't have the appropriate WC level and were too busy for raising it.

11-Jun-2007 Dark Bow & Dargon Arrow

The big BALAGAN (thats the hebrew word for total chaos :D ).

The Dark Beasts lair have never been so popular.The first fortunate slayers who got the bow managed to get up to 50 mil for it while others spended there 20 hours and more, with no luck.

3 days later....the beasts lair's short glory days were over and it is back to its anonymity.

18-Jun-2007 The Dragonfire Shield

Didn't had the chance to rest and...another race !!!! Visage!!!. Wyvarns, black dragons and mostly, iron & steels were, and still are,flooded with Visage hunters,trying to get hold of the best shield of the game.

Did few wyvarns trips myself, but after i figured the drop rate is somewere between a whip & half shield i decided to wait for Duradel to send me there thus not wasting precious slayer time...

Anyway, yesterday i found myself thinking,please,not another update,not today, let us rest a bit, refill our tanks,maybe do some fishing, i hate fishing.

I might even find the time to try this new mini-game,it looks nice, good rewards, i think its called Barbarian Assault or something :wink:

Do u also suffer from this updates OD?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An update doesn't mean we get another new cool weapon/skill/minigame. Just some upgrades on old things are updates too and I wouldn't mind having some of those...

Yea,these kind of updates are welcomed, graphical updates never bothered me that much either. Yesterday i even been to varrock..nice job,very nice...

I hear you. Little updates, bring them on, but no quests or new items for a while, please... I haven't even found the time to visit the Sorceress' Garden or BA, I still haven't done all the tasks in the Karamja Achievement Diary, I simply can't keep track.

If there is an update it'll probably just be another bits and pieces, and the graphics update they talked about for werewolves and what not...unless thats already been done.

If there is an update it'll probably just be another bits and pieces, and the graphics update they talked about for werewolves and what not...unless thats already been done.

Yep. I'd love to see what will happen in july/august though, since those are the months people play the most.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

Update does not mean you are forced to check it out right after you login.. -.- And you are not required to respond to any upcoming update proposed by BTS.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I hear you. Little updates, bring them on, but no quests or new items for a while, please... I still haven't done all the tasks in the Karamja Achievement Diary

Off Topic

You should get those gloves you know, Duradel in one-click (ok,and a little bit of walking), a slayer cant ask for more...

Update does not mean you are forced to check it out right after you login.. -.- And you are not required to respond to any upcoming update proposed by BTS.

Generaly no, but in this particular updates the time factor did play a role, a major role (e.g. the current price for Dark bows as opposed to prices in the release day)

June 26th 2007 - Area Spells

What strange magics originate from the very liar of Iban. We have decided to give mages spells which may inflict damage on a 8X8 Area of land. Will you be brace enough to save Iban from injustice this time around? Perhaps he might gift you with a bit of knowledge on his part.

(ramblings about new quest where you find out that iban is innocent)

sigsn9.jpg

I think there will likely be a minor update today... more of the "bits n' pieces" thing they've been working on.

I don't mind updates in the least... I think it's just the last few have been pretty major and had enormous effects on the game economy. I can understand why that would upset some people.

Harrington.gif

Generaly no, but in this particular updates the time factor did play a role, a major role (e.g. the current price for Dark bows as opposed to prices in the release day)

You want a dark bow on the day of release because you hoped to make some quick buck while outrageous prices are soaring in the market. Some tactic..

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

You want a dark bow on the day of release because you hoped to make some quick buck while outrageous prices are soaring in the market. Some tactic..

mmmm..well...yes..exactly

Slayer is my money-maker (thats why most of the time i am poor), you wont see me rcing/fletching/fishing/wcing or any other skill i find boring, for money,not me.

So,yea, taking advantage of the fact that there are some flashy rich guys out there with uncontrolled passion to be first to hang around with the newest item even though 1 hour later the price will drop by 80%, well....i dont have any moral problem with it.

Is it a wise in the economical aspect?

can one base his wealth on pure luck ? probably not...

but ,you see, i realy dont care as i long as enjoy it (guess i have a gambler personality)

mmmm..well...yes..exactly

Slayer is my money-maker (thats why most of the time i am poor), you wont see me rcing/fletching/fishing/wcing or any other skill i find boring, for money,not me.

So,yea, taking advantage of the fact that there are some flashy rich guys out there with uncontrolled passion to be first to hang around with the newest item even though 1 hour later the price will drop by 80%, well....i dont have any moral problem with it.

Is it a wise in the economical aspect?

can one base his wealth on pure luck ? probably not...

but ,you see, i realy dont care as i long as enjoy it (guess i have a gambler personality)

Well there you go, good weekly updates don't hinder your normal runescape activities unless you chose to involve yourself in it. So that sums up that updates were never "too much". :-w

might i add that jagex has just posted this weeks updates? :XD:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009