rune defender........wow that was easy. (added pic)

Well this tired old combat jockey decided a month ago to hit the road towards 99 slayer. I analyzed what would be helpful, like kerils p++ for slaying Kalphites (i do the level 141 guardians...btw, got 3 half keys out of the last 17 I just killed lol) black mask, Guthans set, recharged my 8 crystal bow seeds, gathered up a bunch of seconds and made some pots (prayer, super str, super attks, super anti poisons) and rune defender.

So anyway, was done with my list of things to do except the rune defender, read the guide, donned my guthans, brought whip and tzhaar shield, grabbed one of my spare sets of rune armor and rubbed my games to swagger into the warrior's guild. (I alch every rune drop except the 2 sets of rune everything I keep for uri emotes from clues...sigh, takes up an awful lot of bank space) anyway, I run into the animator room, slap up the rune armor set, and wack it to the floor for about 10 minutes until I get around 700 of the token thingys, go up to the top floor, and start slapping cyclops around with wild abandon....3rd kill...*blinks*..bronze defender....about 12 more, iron, etc, I got all the defenders including rune in under 1 hour....I was wearing wealth (heard that helps here dramatically) and when I got done I still had 280 tokens.

so is it that fast and easy for everyone, or did this usually unlucky old man finally get a nod from the RS goddess of luck?

Yeah you got lucky old man: 40

Nah, it's that easy for everyone, get over it: 5

Gratz from friends: 2

confusing reply: 2 :)

slayingkalphites.jpg

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for me bronze took the longest, and it progressively got quicker as i went up the ladder, on select it took me about 1 and a half hours of play spaced over 2 days. So yeah it wasn't annoying but it took a while.

it took me over 400 tickets just to get a black one, overall it took me about 2k tickets for a rune one. then after about 100 more, i had 3 rune ones :)

I was goona put something really cool here...but then I put this :(

sad

sandmansig.jpg

Pyromancer, next time you touch my signature, dont take everything about buddy.

This is Zoidnerd, im banned on rs for 2 moar dais so smd kai? Btw a cooked bread once told me he did things to little boys. I didnt name any names so deal with it.

Congratz mate, have fun slaying with that shiny new object of yours :P.

Hey buddy, just trying to follow your lead hehe. 3 slayer levs so far *gag* taking forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver

lord+krohn.png

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

after i got my steel it was too easy 2 hours later and i'm at addy. Then i took a long break from it...then back and few minutes later i walk out with the defender ::'

congratulation for getting it too :D

Sheesh! :wall:

I think you got really lucky and I got really unlucky.

It took me over 6,500 tickets to get my rune defender! #-o

It was a pain, but after what seemed forever, I finally got it! :D

Never going to lose sight of that puppy ever! :lol:

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

yea,u got lucky but it wasn't for your old bones (the RS goddess of luck was less generous with this old dude :( )

Off topic

small tip from a fellow slayer - get urself salve ammulet(e) if u dont have 1 .it makes those abberants sooo crispy....

Haha I think you got pretty lucky. Took me two days to get my rune defender, but after the first rune one they started dropping like crazy until I had like 10 extra.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

yea,u got lucky but it wasn't for your old bones (the RS goddess of luck was less generous with this old dude :( )

Off topic

small tip from a fellow slayer - get urself salve ammulet(e) if u dont have 1 .it makes those abberants sooo crispy....

got one....same affect as black mask if on task tho <.< 15% attk and str right?

lord+krohn.png

Off topic

ye,+15% attack & str though,unlike the mask, u dont have to be on task for the effect.

Off topic

If you complete Tarn's Lair and use his diary on the amulet, you get +20% attack and strength on the undead, even when not on task, making it better than black mask.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png