Jagex considering runescape for a console release.

bluecentaur

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing RuneScape on the Playstation 3 would be an interesting feat. Not so much interesting that the polygons from the browser look the exact same from within the PS3, but a Java game that could be played from a console would be something interesting. It could potentially take gaming to a whole new market.

Oh, besides that, if PS3 uses Linux, then it's compatible with Java. You'd just need to have the right .RPM file to install it. ;)

As for the Nintendo Wii, if its built-in browser can one day install/run Java without any problems, playing RuneScape would be 4x as interesting (and twice as healthy), while fishing, mining, or even fighting. I can only imagine the Wiimote flying out of my hand while hitting someone with a whip...

I honestly don't have much to say about it coming over to the Xbox360. All I can pray for is that Microsoft doesn't screw it up...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I don't think Jagex will ever release a console version of Runescape. It just sounds highly unlikely, unless it's a game based on the Runescape world and has gameplay and graphics like Elder Scrolls Oblivion. It could be made by another gaming company with the backing of Jagex.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

World of Warcraft is ment to try a console release in the years to come as well, maybe both games with shoot to the crapper? <3:

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I think it could be very much like the curent version on the Xbox 360, especially with the keybord support. Then Xbox Live is already set up and is extremely good.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

if they wernt really considering it... why would andrew even do an interveiw like that and start up all this hype? Im sure if they can get all the people and companys to put rune onto a disk and make it totally playable on the 360 or what ever, im sure they are going to do it. not only will it bring in alot more new players (+$millons for jagex).... Jagex will make even more money when players like us want to have it on a regular console.....and we have to buy the game as a cd.

Im sure if ANY of you had something you could make more millions off of, I bet you would. and not even for the money..... Jagex in general would grow TONS as a company.

Im willing to bet any1 here that they WILL bring it to a console System.

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

I would have thought it would make more sense to put this on the DS than the Wii... then again maybe the whole issue of file space would come in there.

If we put it onto consoles though, I can't help but worry about hacking software such as AR or GameShark, which has actually ruined many games before. Pok̮̩̉̉mon is the most recent example (uber hacked Pok̮̩̉̉mon), but games like Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing: Wild World have also suffered thanks to this system. I would hate RS to hold the same fate, especially after all the hard work that's been put into it!

I would have thought it would make more sense to put this on the DS than the Wii... then again maybe the whole issue of file space would come in there.

If we put it onto consoles though, I can't help but worry about hacking software such as AR or GameShark, which has actually ruined many games before. Pok̮̩̉̉mon is the most recent example (uber hacked Pok̮̩̉̉mon), but games like Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing: Wild World have also suffered thanks to this system. I would hate RS to hold the same fate, especially after all the hard work that's been put into it!

If this ever comes to fruitation, lets just hope that doesn't happen!

runescape would be just stupid if it come out on consoles... OMFG i just cant stop thinking about how dam stupid that sounds.... i have been playing this game since it came out and there is nothing worng with the way it is... people have it way easy anymore... i remeber way back when there was 1 server and no banks and you had to choose pk or non pk type's... i am sure all the high lvl acct's know what i am talking about....

XxPr0xX ..... Out .....

if they did do this, they would offer it using each systems downladable content center, or their web browsers. as cool as true 3d rs would be, its not gonna happen any time soon :(

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Imagine trying to play RS on the Wii, there is no keyboard like there is for a computer, and I've tried typing with it before, nearly impossible to say anything before you'd log out.

I only use my Wii online for watching movies on You Tube.

it would get modded like every other game for the 360 (just about). unless this was separate from the pc based runescape, i dont think this would be to good of an idea.

done with runescape

It won't happen. I don't think they can release Runescape on consoles such as the 360 to compete with amazing games like Gears of War or Halo etc. It would just take too much time and money to match those graphics and gameplay, which would unlikely happen, people will probably dismiss it anyway. Staying online is the way to go for them :)

Main Goal -->

[hide=]All Stats 70+ And...[/hide]

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

itll never happen..... not with the graphics. games ace, graphics are acceptable. ive grown to love em

goku_215.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

Shoving kamehamehas up noobs since 2004

--------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>| Member of Lost Legion |<<<<<<<

No...if they made a console release it would get a lot of reviews from big companies. Compared to other games' graphics on the PS3, Wii, and XBox 360 , they would give it like 2 stars.

I bet it's some totally awesome 20-stringed, dragon shaped instrument that doubles as a flamethrower/laser phaser. Or some really lame Chinese bamboo thing.

We should rally against it. If anything is going to ruin it this will. As soon as they start releasing console versions they will stop paying as much attention to the pc version because the console version will be in higher demand. i will stop playing runescape if this comes to fruition.

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

I highly doubt this will happen

Compared to other Mmo's on current Next gen consoles runescape would be crucified.

It would cost far too much money to update the game engines and bring the graphics to the current standard.

DwarfSig1.jpg

Got Xbox Live? Gimme a call - Gamertag = Razoid

naw! having to make new things and download via WiiConnect24 etc, would take too long, and computer would probably be faster and better anyways. Stupid idea, and definitely not worth it.

t would just kill runescape.compared to elder scrolls oblivion out on the xbox360 for example,it would just be blown out of the water.yeah it would get support from existing fans but by many who havent ecxperienced the great game they would just slate it.it also would feel as good.i love the crudness of the game and its accessibility.i hope it doesnt go onto consoles anyway.

It might work on the Wii, but on the 360 and PS3 where the gamers expect REALLY GRAPHICAL games it just wouldn't work.

Visit http://aftcomet.tripod.com for all your money-making needs.

Can anybody confirm that link for me?

Sorry but i don't trust when i can't see the full link, especially from somebody with no avvy, sig and -20 post count

If you had things like FireFox to stop anything that tries to install and avast that will stop any viral incoming files, and webpages, you wouldnt need to go "ZOMG KEYLOGGER VIRUS PLOX!?!?" Whenever you saw the word www, so, lets calm down and get some better software. And even if you cant see the whole URL, you know the begining is clean.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

AR and Gameshark ruins alot of games and those people won't stop untill they die but they would try and put a report abuse system to find out who is using it.

coolsam223.gif

coolsam223.gif

url=http://www.draynor.net/]coolsam223.gif[/url]