Jagex considering runescape for a console release.

bluecentaur

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best console to put it on would probably be the wii since u can use the left side of nunchuck to block and right 1 to attack n stuff and it would be better than computer if you want to do some "excersising" lol :thumbsup: \' i wish they would put it on the wii though :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

runemrune,sk8%20boarder1.gif

sk8%20boarder1.gif

sk8%20boarder1.gif

The general gist I'm getting from the article, and from thinking about it afterwards is not that it shall be released for sale in shops, but playable on a console. The Wii has an Internet Channel, I believe that the other console have something similar. It could be available through x-box live, for example. The problem is making the current software they have compatible with the consoles. For example, the way the Wii browser works makes it completely useless for RuneScape, as to type information in you click on the text box, which then brings up a key board. In RS, the textbox is contained within the window. The game engine would have to be almost completely redesigned...

However, Jagex is perfectly placed to release RS3...

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Playing RuneScape on the Playstation 3 would be an interesting feat. Not so much interesting that the polygons from the browser look the exact same from within the PS3, but a Java game that could be played from a console would be something interesting. It could potentially take gaming to a whole new market.

Oh, besides that, if PS3 uses Linux, then it's compatible with Java. You'd just need to have the right .RPM file to install it. ;)

As for the Nintendo Wii, if its built-in browser can one day install/run Java without any problems, playing RuneScape would be 4x as interesting (and twice as healthy), while fishing, mining, or even fighting. I can only imagine the Wiimote flying out of my hand while hitting someone with a whip...

I honestly don't have much to say about it coming over to the Xbox360. All I can pray for is that Microsoft doesn't screw it up...

RS would be cool during combat on the Wii, but I would play the internet version if I was fishing or mining (too boring). Microsoft will screw it up because they are good at business stuff, and they should stick to that and nothing else. The Wii has a USB port on the back, buy a hub and plug the keyboard into that, and the mouse too if you want (I think the mouse should just be the WiiMote though :D )

I also stand by what I said before, Xbox people are too full of themselves... <.<

Pasty.png

can anyone say live arcade?

(only because 360 is the only console with a consistent online support)

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

Oh, Good Lord...

Who the hell is going to buy RuneScape on console systems? It won't sell. People would much rather buy Halo and GTA...

it will be around as good as wow when theyr finished... :wink: hope so... and that we dont have to get all stats again... (probemly wont happen... cuz it will be a whole diferent game...)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Runescape on a console release will most likely be a 4 player game with everywhere being multicombat so you and friends can kill everything together. Then they will make it online and people will choose wether to stay in the 4 player one or go online and meet new people.

coolsam223.gif

coolsam223.gif

url=http://www.draynor.net/]coolsam223.gif[/url]

Interesting... but you never know.

It would be neat to have a poll with gamers and see how well a runescape game would be received, if there was one.

You just never know. :?

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Wii Runescape woyld be awesome if WiiMote and Nunchuck were used! Also, a Wii balance board is being released for Wii Fit. Walking with that would be good excersize(sp?) lol.

And to all who think they woukd throw the remote, wear the dang wrist strap. I actually tried throwing my remote with it on correctly and I couldnt!

the way rs is would be hard to put onto consoles and if it was edited to make it possible itd ruin it. the xbox(360) and ps2(3) have an ethernet port i believe and wii has wifi and the gamecube has an adapter to add an ethernet port, and they could prob bring it out for the older consoles too if they brought it out, seeing as rs doesnt exactly need alot of processing power.

Oh, besides that, if PS3 uses Linux, then it's compatible with Java. You'd just need to have the right .RPM file to install it. ;)

you know nothing about linux, its not like windows where you download a file double click it and its done.

RS would be cool during combat on the Wii, but I would play the internet version if I was fishing or mining (too boring). Microsoft will screw it up because they are good at business stuff, and they should stick to that and nothing else. The Wii has a USB port on the back, buy a hub and plug the keyboard into that, and the mouse too if you want (I think the mouse should just be the WiiMote though :D )

I also stand by what I said before, Xbox people are too full of themselves... <.<

the wii has 2 usb ports and can already access the internet but doesnt have java. microsoft would probably easily get runescape onto xbox360 if they wanted it, its happened before eg halo was going to be made for the mac but microsoft paid them to make it for xbox and pc.

Gee, Im glad some people are so nice to new arrivals at tip.it... <.<

Hehe, I kinda have a bit of compassion for you there. But, I would honestly love it if you could find Jagex saying this themselves on a more reputable website.

tfssig.png

unless you could use USB keyboard and mouse on your 360(not sure if you can)

then well... seems a bit useless, unless they added public voice chat like they have in all games?

imagine w2 with public voice chat... ever played halo 2? the people get so god damn loud and annoying, imagine that times 1000 in fally park.