Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Thread!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down, guys. Since it's still coming out for Japan pretty early, I'm assuming it's for translations or something.

No marketing.

Think the more they're making you wait the more impatient you get the more you want meaning you go buy it day of release and it sells more.

Actually that can be incorrect. Instead of that situation happening, like you stated, it could have the opposite effect. People can get so tired of waiting that the thrill kind of drains out of them.

Lets back log shall we?

First they planned the release date to be in September 2007. They pushed it back past summer to December 3rd. After that much to the utter surprise of me and most likely everyone else they delayed it until February 10th. Past 2007, even though in all of the trailers they said 'get ready to brawl 2007'. Now here they are again. delaying the game until march 9th. This is just getting ridiculous, i mean how long are they going to make us wait for this game!? I swear if they delay this game one more time i may just give up hope on it ever coming out. :(

And? If it does the impossible and be worse than the game cube version I will have lost all hope in anything nintendo...=/

But it's marketing...Unless your gonna tell me they give a damn about the players.

• 1 month later...
About 24 hours 'til I get it! (Getting it in the morning.)

I'm going to have to use the regular Wii controller, but oh well, IT'S SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL, WHO CARES??? :P

Dude, just buy a gamecube controller :lol: Mine was only $15, and I'm probably gonna buy another so I can pwn on 2-player. 8 hours till i can play!

Hmmmm, only problem is Gamestop will probably be sold out just for this reason, but I'll look for it next time I'm there.

The store that I'm reserving the game at has 52 copies of it coming in. :shock: It's not even a real videogame store either, more of a movie/music place. It's probably my best bet 'cause most people are getting it at a Gamestop or some place like it I would assume.

lol 52... mine has 200+ :-w I don't know where all the tournament people are gonna go tonight, the store is really small and a lot of the empty space is taken up by like 30 rock band bundles :XD: 6 hours and 30 minutes ahead of me. ffs this day is going by so slowly! and today i woke up at 8am instead of the usual 11am :XD: off to play some more team fortress 2....

• 3 months later...

Wow its so strange that the board was restored to the same day Brawl came out three months ago and on the same day. Its funny seeing how excited I was along with everyone else. [/nostalgia]

What about the SSBB Tourny thread rsloser? I can't seem to find it anywhere but I'm almost sure you created it before Brawl came out. This is all so frustrating.... And what about the brawl club?

prospektssigza4.jpg

Wow its so strange that the beard was restored to the same day Brawl came out three months ago. Its funny seeing how excited I was along with everyone else. [/nostalgia]

What about the SSBB Tourny thread rsloser? I can't seem to find it anywhere but I'm almost sure you created it before Brawl came out. This is all so frustrating.... And what about the brawl club?

It is very strange. The tourney thread was created before 3 months, I remember reading it back in December. I can't find Pokeventures either, and I know that was here before. We'll just have to rebuild all of those threads.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Penguingeek! Thou shalt repost thine friend code, and I shall repost mine, so that we may duel to the death!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Aye, Lenin, I have posted mine (Again) in the Brawl Club, and I'm pretty sure I already added you before the downtime.

And yeah, it's pretty weird seeing Brawl (1 day left), I remember the hype. Not like I had a Wii then (Wow, I barely remember having to stick to my Gamecube...), but still...

And I think the Tourney thread was created in November or something, but it kind of died during the winter. Once Brawl came out, it was rebumped. But anyway, though there is no real proof, we still know that Manoman is the best here... :D

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Aye, Lenin, I have posted mine (Again) in the Brawl Club, and I'm pretty sure I already added you before the downtime.

And yeah, it's pretty weird seeing Brawl (1 day left), I remember the hype. Not like I had a Wii then (Wow, I barely remember having to stick to my Gamecube...), but still...

And I think the Tourney thread was created in November or something, but it kind of died during the winter. Once Brawl came out, it was rebumped. But anyway, though there is no real proof, we still know that Manoman is the best here... :D

I beg to differrrrrr!!!! Heh. I'm watching you... Manoman...

Anyway, I'm going to join the next tourny.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Yeah, but it will be fine. How far on the challenge list has everyone gotten. I have a lot of target test challenges to get out of the way, so I need to go down and just complete them all.

I'm at the point where each one is either red or green, except for I think 3 on the very left side. Most of the ones I have left have to do with Brawls, and they'll be pretty hard as my friends usually don't come to my house. However, I plan on teaching my sister how to play sometime this week, so maybe we can get a lot of them out of the way.

Otherwise, I finished all the Target Test ones, I found them pretty easy, at least compared to Melee. I liked having different ones for each character, built especially for them.

I also need to beat things on harder levels and with all characters, I beat all levels of classic, and up to I think normal on All-Star. I'm more interested in Boss Battles now though, I can nearly do it on Normal with Dedede, as well as on Hard with Charizard. There's also the 15-minute Brawl, which isn't really a question of if I can survive, but rather of if I have the patience.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Those were some good brawls, Penguingeek. I actually have an excuse for some of my losses: From the Green Hill Zone brawl (which I actually won lol) to the Spear Pillar, I was on the phone with my grandmother at the same time :P You're pretty good with Dedede.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Somebody brought a Wii and Brawl to school today and like the whole class played. Of course I had to play. So I did, and everyone was talking about how good they were and how they own. Haha I owned them all. I won like 5 games in a row even though I was using a gamecube controller. ( I use Wiimote and nunchuck. Then I finally lost because they finally decided to team up on me and I switched to Olimar. Which is not my best character. :(

Anyway they were not very good. They didn't even grab. It was so fun though. Best day of school ever. 8-)

prospektssigza4.jpg

I have this feeling that I'm only going to be "The Best" here for another month, since my prediction is Me VS Kent in the finals. :anxious:

Hehe, I didn't sign up for the first tourny. I doubt I can get that far in the finals due to real life issues which you can probably guess why...

Somebody brought a Wii and Brawl to school today and like the whole class played. Of course I had to play. So I did, and everyone was talking about how good they were and how they own. Haha I owned them all. I won like 5 games in a row even though I was using a gamecube controller. ( I use Wiimote and nunchuck. Then I finally lost because they finally decided to team up on me and I switched to Olimar. Which is not my best character. :(

Anyway they were not very good. They didn't even grab. It was so fun though. Best day of school ever. 8-)

Lol. I want to do that with DDR...

Anyways, I can bet you theres people very good at your school. Theres a student at my school who graduated, and he's extremmmely good at melee. He is pro-class, and I can't beat him most of the time... :-#

I'm pretty sure I'm second best at my school though. :D

Lastly, Wiimote is a bad controller to play with. If you get used to it, Gamecube controllers, especially the wavebird(forgot the name, I think thats it... I don't have one -.- ) owns.

Manoman, you're probably going to be considered the best here for a very long time... lol. (You know thats not true. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) [/spam]

inuyashakent-2.png

I never did claim to be the best, I just won a tournament and everyone thinks I'm godlike. I think my opponents drop out because they think they don't stand a chance against me. I might even be eliminated before the finals, since I don't play as often now. :wall:

Your going to be my third round opponent if I make it that far, so watch out lol.

(I can barely beat Kent, only when he is distracted or something like that)

But I will try and knock out the previous winner if you and I make it that far.

Your going to be my third round opponent if I make it that far, so watch out lol.

I'd honestly say you have a good chance at beating Manoman. =D>

By the way, heres a tip that'll definetely help. Pikman hurts. :wall:

inuyashakent-2.png

I'm getting rusty, I'll probably get knocked out :-w

I'm getting rusty, I'll probably get knocked out :-w

Want some practice with me?

inuyashakent-2.png