String X

Mr_Cheese

Sorry if there is already a topic on this.

Recently Jagex has added in a string x, probly because of the numerous rants of peopel saying how they have hurt there wrists and such.

i was wondering, who likes this update?

i prefered the old way because i could string 3k bows an hour but with string x i can only do 1500 at the max.

so what are your opinions on string x?

ruadorksiggy.gif

Thanks SkyFleet for the awsome siggy!

I dont like it personally. It is a lot easier, but also quite a bit slower. It would be good if we were maybe given an option (although i can't see it happening) of which method we want to use.

Tyrrell9.gif

hmm alch x next?

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

hmm alch x next?

rofl i would siggy that if i had space <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

hmm alch x next?

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

Nah, what we need is a "Report X".

Lmfao

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Sorry if there is already a topic on this.

Recently Jagex has added in a string x, probly because of the numerous rants of peopel saying how they have hurt there wrists and such.

i was wondering, who likes this update?

i prefered the old way because i could string 3k bows an hour but with string x i can only do 1500 at the max.

so what are your opinions on string x?

I'm stringing as I type this (99 fletch goal) and I have to say that I would rather get hit in the face by a baseball bat then have to string another 70k yew longs.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

I think it was a good decision, Jagex knows the new method slows down Fletching, I believe it was their intention to do so.

Before the change you could get crazy Xp with Fletching = too many people with 99 Fletching.

Once again, I blame it soley on the 'damn skill cape chasers'.[/hate of people who get easy 99s just to show off]

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I dislike all of these do 'X' commands. They're making RuneScape far too easy, and it doesn't make you appreciate the Skills which have do 'X' commands as much as you did when they weren't around. Cooking and now Fletching in particular.

If it was due to the reason that many people complained that their wrist was hurting, and they had minor injuries from it.. There's always such thing as a break?

- Honoured ::'.

honoured_guy.png

honoured_guy.png

Need A Question Answered About RuneScape? Message Me!

It's retarted. So people before me could get 99 Fletching fast but now I'm suppose to have even more time. Lame.

eh thats what i said about cooking, and smithing, and fletching...i think this is going somewhere.

Sorry guys for double post

My computer froze earlier and i didn't know i posted it so i clicked it again

Sorry.

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Well now I'm nearly 99 fletching, and I can't say that I see the new stringing method as a problem.

The main thing I like about it now is that I can read the forums and also string !

The main thing I like about it now is that I can read the forums and also string !

This is what I mean. It's getting far too easy. You don't even need to be looking at the screen... to achieve a 99 Skill? A 99 Skill should be hard effort and earnt in a true way, not in a way where it's getting far too easy. So easy, that you can do something else while gaining a huge amount of EXP per hour.

No disrespect to you, though.

honoured_guy.png

honoured_guy.png

Need A Question Answered About RuneScape? Message Me!

This is what I mean. It's getting far too easy. You don't even need to be looking at the screen... to achieve a 99 Skill? A 99 Skill should be hard effort and earnt in a true way, not in a way where it's getting far too easy. So easy, that you can do something else while gaining a huge amount of EXP per hour.

No disrespect to you, though.

I have 2 monitors, and I'm always keeping an eye on my RuneScape screen to make sure I'm not getting any randoms etc.

Hello.

I'm now back from my 3 day ban and I'd just like to say sorry to 'Honoured Guy', the people I may have offended by spelling around the censor and also the Tip.It mods.

Thanks for reading.

Oh come on. You cannot possibly be claiming that the old click-bow-click-string method involved any more effort than that required to overcome the mind-numbing tedium of performing that action thousands of times? This way is far better, because it helps mitigate the tedium of repetitive action while still requiring the dedication of someone willing to ensure their character keeps doing it - in fact, given that it takes longer, it requires more dedication.

I'm not that dedicated, and so I don't have any 99s. However, I respect people who are that dedicated, regardless of the method they used to achieve them.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif