Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are YOU letting runescape control YOU?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

gdawg1512
[ Display Name History ]

gdawg1512

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts
:( Lately i've been playing wayyyy to much.... i've prioritized wrong and put runescape ahead of everything (friends, family, studies). Well I've determined to change. :notalk:

Anyone else having similar problems? :roll:

Andy
[ Display Name History ]

Andy

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Heck no, I'd much rather spend time with my friends than play rs
Posted Image

apparated
[ Display Name History ]

apparated

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
[bleep] that I work from 4am to 3pm and then football from 5pm to 8 pm I play because it makes me go to sleep unless I still have the energy to hang out with my freinds.

mini193
[ Display Name History ]

mini193

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,009 posts
  • RSN:mini193
  • RSN2:fr0z3ncha0s
i used to, but ever since i got banned I've been fine, I'm actually glad because i was wasting so much time to like level and not have any fun. just went on my skill pure, my only unbanned account and met a nice skiller. Kind of makes me miss rs. Not much though
Posted Image
Doing a little bit of everything

Embraced
[ Display Name History ]

Embraced

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 675 posts
I did for a while, but lately i barely even get an hours play a day.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

spikerkid
[ Display Name History ]

spikerkid

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,766 posts
Not anymore :). Broke that habbit.
Quit RuneScape :)

rareghoul1
[ Display Name History ]

rareghoul1

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
i play rs a lot, but only after i get everything that needs getting done, done. i play it a lot, but not obsessively, it's how i keep it in check.
Posted Image
Posted Image

el1m1n4t0r
[ Display Name History ]

el1m1n4t0r

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
i play ne where from 7-11 hours a week but i do all my chores and im only lvl 90 and ive been playing for 2 years..so i dont play alot and i have a social life..i go to the movies almost every weekend

Latinoking
[ Display Name History ]

Latinoking

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,783 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latinoking90
Yes I wake up early and I sleep late. Muhahahahaha I'm a zombie.

Ralvn
[ Display Name History ]

Ralvn

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 406 posts
sadly yeah. i've been trying to get a lot of playing done before summer is over because i wont be able to play hardly at all after summer ends
Posted Image

Dracula_Magic
[ Display Name History ]

Dracula_Magic

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 392 posts
I started playing runescape 3 years ago

Than i started guild wars and did 1 year,and now i came back to runescape

From what I have noticed,runescape is very addictive game because you can always sacrifice your time on training skills and becoming better in your skills what opens you new options in game,but basicly there is about same "amount of fun"(if i can say so) in game invented for all lvls starting from lowest to highest

When I stated i was basicly addict because i felt complex...i was really a newb

Than when i played it constantly for some time i stoped beeing that addictive,and I could personally play less,i had more self controll

Than after i went guild wars,i realised it was somthing diffrent,but it was same,in first few days/months i played more,than a bit less maybe

However now im back to runescape,I felt eveything was ruined because i missed alot of news,but than i started tracking forums and news archive and i read most of it,i put all my questions on forums,and somehow i started remembering all the stuff i used to know before

Now its been 3 weeks since im back,and I can tell there is still stuff I cant clearly remember

When i got back i played with a large breaks...only 5 hours a day of runescape or somthing like that (that was not normal since i play 8 a day at least lol)

Now its summer holiday and i do this kind of torture to myself because I know that next school year is one that matters the most (for my school) and maybe i wont be able to play it ever in my life as much as I can in next couple of days,lets say 3 weeks

I still think that im wrong about this. I just lack of self controll,2 weeks ago i could sleep 6 hours,do sports 4 hours and play runescape for time i have left, but as days have passes I totally lost self control...thats just how i work...holiday is near end and i really want to use it for sutch game

Maybe im stupid

Edit: Personally i regreet because runescape is the last thing on internet worth my time
zzZZ [- Glory From Beyond -]ZZzz

Posted Image

elpadrino
[ Display Name History ]

elpadrino

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 145 posts
Its like you develop a different part of you that is determined to only play runescape, just shut that part of you up.
Posted Image

wakka102
[ Display Name History ]

wakka102

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,386 posts
I didn't put it in front of anything, but i didn't really have much to do anyways. I just quit so I had to force myself to fill the time with more productive things. So I guess in a way in controlled my life but not completely.

Powman3
[ Display Name History ]

Powman3

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,526 posts
  • RSN:Powman3
I use to, it got me bad grades in 6th grade.

I rather spend time with my friends now though

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

SlĂ inte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
With rl friends on holiday, i aint got much else to do but i work most nights and try to keep myself active. I did go through a phase of staying up late to complete goals i had set myself which had a knock-on effect with my schoolwork, got that sorted out and i can control my playing now.

And if im being honest,with not staying up late/playing for hours on end, i seem to acheive my goals more efficiently... :-k
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

biggy08755
[ Display Name History ]

biggy08755

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,557 posts
Not anymore. Just take a week vacation from Runescape away from a computer. Trust me when you get back. You'll find it much more boring.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!

At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!

Stop acting such a moron.

Freesia
[ Display Name History ]

Freesia

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  • RSN:Chewiness
Seems like another thread of "how social are you" :roll:

Anyway, school controls my life, not rs. 11 hours of school daily on weekdays.
Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Dragon_lord
[ Display Name History ]

Dragon_lord

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Clan:Paladins of Guthix
I admit, th first month I played RS I was totally hooked on it.

Fortunately, I became aware before it was too late and I am no longer addicted to it.

I only play a couple of hours a day on the weekends during tht school year, and I play it during the summer whenever I have some downtime to kill.
Posted Image

Pretty much what Dragon said.
Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

CheeseBap
[ Display Name History ]

CheeseBap

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 25 posts

Not anymore. Just take a week vacation from Runescape away from a computer. Trust me when you get back. You'll find it much more boring.

This guy knows what he is talking about. I have not played in a while and I just can't bear even thinking about it, Runescape seems like the most boring game in the world to me now. However I am sure that soon I will be sucked back into it #-o
Posted Image

Posted Image

^Poker Tournament^

shade1234
[ Display Name History ]

shade1234

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 221 posts
I play it quite a bit but if a mate asks me to do anything and its decent weather outside chances are ill go with them :XD:
Posted Image
Thanks Yaff2 for the sig^,^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users