Varrock, Achiement diarys in the making?

12pure34

Now as you all know, Jagex created a 100% Guarantee poll shortly after the first Achiement Diary came out. This means, we will be seeing the winner in the next Achievement Diary! And guess what! It is Varrocks turn! Probaly as it is the oldest town, F2P nostalgic and just updated ;)

Yes, this makes me think. When I look at Karamaja, I see lots of quests, but also lots of High level quests and High level monsters (dungeons) and some difficult things.

But when I look at varrock.. I just can't find the 'high level' playing there. Varrock mostly is a town for low/medium level players to spend a lot of time. Seeing as the strongest monster is the Moss giant in the varrock dungeon..

What do you think could even fit for 'High Tasks' in varrock. Could it ever be compared with the first, karamaja achievement Diarys? What would you like to see as a task? Or even look ahead and tell me how you would like your reward?

Burn away lads, it just popped up in my head, but it got me oblivion what on earth you could do in varrock. I guess the museum holds the hardest update? Maybe link it to the Museum Kudos reward which will someday come out? :-k Burn away!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hard task: buy an achievement cape of smithing from the master smither. 8-)

but seriously, i can't think of any hard tasks. but better yet, what's the reward for hard going to be? that's what i would like to know.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Exactly why I groaned in disgust when I read the results of that poll. Aside from getting an absurdly high smithing level (which would limit the usefulness of the update to about 1k people) there is NOTHING that is difficult to do in Varrock. And this is WHY I want separated polls for each total level class... Because if they continue, EVERY guaranteed poll will go to the noobs, as they outnumber actual veterans significantly.

People with <1000 total should get one vote tally, >1000 total should get two vote tallies, >1500 should get three, and >2000 should get four. This would help balance out the outcome of the GC polls.

td2sig.jpg

But why should the achievement diary be restricted to existing content only?

I think there will be some new (probably small) dungeons or something for higher achievements. I just hope one of the achievements will not be champion scroll...

best-guide-ever.jpg

Champion scrolls won't be there, as bassicly getting a champion scroll is .. just as rare as getting a D chain from a dustie.

I was thinking about the museum kudo's but that is about as much as I can think off..

Lets hear some more ideas. I voted something else to, Ardougne if I am not mistaken. Varrock, city of the average player.. :-X =;

The fact is Varrock is probably the most popular city, apart from Falador for obvious reasons. Therefore, I think it was inevitable one of the two would be chosen, but I bet the team at Jagex groaned in dispair when Varrock emerged as the winner.

A hard task? Something to do with the Rag and Bone man, a high level monster's bone drop for example? Not strictly speaking Varrock, but it's its closest city. Or the Digsite area.

I'm stuck for ideas now...

Hmm the Hard Tasks...Possible ideas could be....no I got nothing lol.

I'm sure some Easy-Medium tasks could be things like "Make a Mithril weapon using the Anvil" or "Defeat a Moss Giant" or "Get a Task from Vannaka".

I reckon they'll put something about the Champions Guild in there. Whether its just entering there or having to defeat one of those Champion monsters.

I'm sure Jagex will come up with something lol.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

Note: I'm just throwing ideas in the air, no matter how stupid they might sound...

There could be a new cave in the digsite area that has creatures aligned to zaros? Might even be a whole part of that city of zaros, there are plenty of possibilities surrounding zaros.

They could also do something related to the champion scrolls, not that you have to get a scroll, but defeat a new enemy there for which you won't need a scroll.

best-guide-ever.jpg

Man, varrock was pimp back in the days of RSC. I remember being a low level and wanting to grab the weapons and armor on display in the museum because they were better than mine.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

your forgetting the karajima diary stretched beyond the 1 island

lets look at the general varrok area

barb village

varrok itself

canfis .. canfis noobs canfis ( immagine the tasks for hard in froggin canfis )

( ex :: attempt a barrows run ) = noobs owned

How about spotting someone who is not autoing at the Yews behind the palace? :lol: , or how about report 100 autoers at the same trees? :lol:

Seriously hard tasks could perhaps be :

Plant a magic tree (need fairly high farming for that)

Use the Spirit tree just north

Museum kudos

Use shortcut to Edgeville dungeon

your forgetting the karajima diary stretched beyond the 1 island

lets look at the general varrok area

barb village

varrok itself

canfis .. canfis noobs canfis ( immagine the tasks for hard in froggin canfis )

( ex :: attempt a barrows run ) = noobs owned

Canifis and the area around is actually a candidate for its own acievement diary (plenty there for all levels).

Kill 100 enemies on the bottom floor of the security stronghold?

Maybe it will stretch to the wilderness too? then kill a kbd for a task, or a red dragon in wilderness.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm thinking there are more opportunities than you expect in Varrock. Consider that we can safely include the city, museum, palace, huge sewer system, thieves' hideouts, magic store, etc...

My ideas for some tasks using only existing elements:

Easy:

Teleport to the Rune Essence.

Hit a dummy ten times (except that most high-levels can't...)

Mine 10 iron from the southeast mine.

Steal from the tea stall.

Medium:

Smith a mithril weapon.

Telegrab a gold bar from the bank cellar.

Pick fruit from a white tree.

Kill a moss giant.

Access the Champion's Guild.

Agility shortcut from sewers to Edgeville dungeon.

Cut 10 yew logs north of the palace.

Use the passage to the Chaos Altar.

Fly by balloon from Varrock.

Hard:

Get a challenge scroll, or become Champion of Champions.

What I'd love to see is an expansion of the sewers or theives' hideouts to provide more high-level opportunities... it could make Varrock fun for all levels.

plank a mahogany log.

finish the varrock museum.

drop some nitroglycerin.

mine a softened clay.

chop a yew.

maybe something with the family crest quest.

There's a lot to do in varrock. It's just that nobody does any of it.

nh.jpg

I'm thinking there are more opportunities than you expect in Varrock. Consider that we can safely include the city, museum, palace, huge sewer system, thieves' hideouts, magic store, etc...

Hard:

Get a challenge scroll, or become Champion of Champions.

What I'd love to see is an expansion of the sewers or theives' hideouts to provide more high-level opportunities... it could make Varrock fun for all levels.

You know you can almost count the number of people who are 'champion of champions' on less then 5 hands? Heck, its rarer then having a blue party hat! Hardly anyone knows about the champ scrolls because noone ever seems to get a Challenge Scroll! They are extremely rare.

They won't stretch into the wilderness, because it is simply a whole different area. Really ;) TB@JT must be freaking out now they almost have the easy/medium tasks done. Hard tasks + varrock = .. no.. :P no answer to that.