Behind The Scenes - August

darkjab

Yes it's that time of the month again:

August will begin with a new feature we're sure you'll all love: Clan Chat! You'll be able to set up your own chat channel that you and your clan-mates can use to keep in touch with each other, as well as being able to rank the members in your chat channel, control who can talk, and much, much more. It's an entirely new feature for RuneScape, but we have no doubt that you'll all take to to it like fish to water.

Other updates this month include a few more of our small improvement projects. YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be seeing better examine descriptions on some items (which should help establish where they come from) and also some graphical changes, making potentially dangerous game areas LOOK more dangerous.

The second improvement project this month concentrates on some old friends. Ever grow tired of the selection of haircuts and base-outfits in the game? Ever wondered what those odd silver arm bracers are that some people have? Ever been jealous of Romeo's great hair? Well, you too can have the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅfoppishÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God dungeon...nice

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

The dungeon to me sounds like barrows times three in the wilderness. Can you imagine the amount of pkers on day one? :ohnoes:

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

wow, i already found the ancient dungeon with mith dragons already too challenging, but now releasing a dungeon with even stronger monsters??! :shock:

And also, they new player updates looks seem pretty cool.

nicholes.png

omg this could be the best month in years.3rd age weps anyone?

im so happy because the tipit community predicted that this third age dunegon would be coming soon after the dwarf exploreres book was found.

clan chat is gonna be sweet for clans.

afros ftw?!

best month ever,and i thought that jagex couldnt really better temselves

tifsdac6mc.gif

This looks awesome! This God Wars thing sais to me: Uber new quest/minigame with awesome weapons!

The clan speak also is pretty awesome, but anyone who has played WOW would know where they got the idea from.

Still, AWESOME! :thumbsup:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I guess I won't be hitting 99 Hunter this month -.-

Anyway, just for the History followers of Runescape like me, The 'Aviantese' I assume are the loyal followers of Armadyl. And I assume they are race much like the Mahjarrat.

I have no clue what Bandos is...perhaps it's one of the ancient Goblin tribes. Man im really looking forward to this dungeon, I want to explore it now!

*edit* heh alot of these from me today...The Aviantese are bird like people that followed Armadyl. Explains the whole swooping down and disembowling.

*edit* Bandos - He is the god of the Ogres.

Dark_Jab.png

im so happy because the tipit community predicted that this third age dunegon would be coming soon after the dwarf exploreres book was found.

Exactly what I thought, they said about that ice place getting an update, boy were they right!

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

They sure are thinking of the Higher Leveled Player lately! :D

Dark Bows, Visage, new Dragons, and now the God Wars.

I like it a lot!

Hurray for Free Make-Over Week again!

That's more then 1.5 years since it happened :thumbsup:

Let's hope the Clan-Chat will be good from the start aswell :)

Looks very good! Keep it up Jagex :mrgreen:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Exactly what I thought, they said about that ice place getting an update, boy were they right!

yeah.id like to thank danqazlp and the crew for doing the investigating of the area that the dwarfen explorer.

imthinking that this is gonna be like dagganoth kings/waterbirthisland but instead of the rockcrabs,dagganoths,wassiliskis theyre doing the whole khzard and gnome thing by battling each other to the death with catapults and monsters mounted on huge armoured beats etc etc.

im so stoked this month.lots of things to be doing.we might be seeing the addition of a tracksuit or mohawks.i know where ill be,at varrocks clothes store poking thesalia for more clothes

tifsdac6mc.gif

this month will absolutely PWN

I wish i paid more attention to the history and things from quests, but i just want the reward most of the time :oops:

If the clan chat doesn't overlap your inventory place or normal chat box place (which it most likely will) it could very well end SS (doubt it though)

Yayyyyyy...