~Sometimes -_- (A warning for all )~

n_odie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was probably kidding. I'd imagine he's an older playing being sarcastic on how other people act.

+1

I don't know I asked if he was serious and he said yes and then he put me on ignore? or would answer me #-o

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Dumb rules like this are just one reason why games like LOTRO will result in RS dying a death (members anyway).

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

Dumb rules like this are just one reason why games like LOTRO will result in RS dying a death (members anyway).

Its not a dumb rule. The reason the rule exists is to protect players from scamming/keylogging etc. web sites set up by unscrupulous people.

I do agree that reporting someone for saying Tip.it (or even, dare I say it, RuneHQ) is acting like a mod wannabe. Personally, if I see someone mention Tip.it (or Rune HQ) I normally give them a friendly warning about the rule so that they can avoid getting into trouble from wannabe mods. Sometimes, when I do this I get a lot of verbal abuse from the player concerned, then they get a double report, one for advertising and one for abusive language. :lol:

Its not a dumb rule. The reason the rule exists is to protect players from scamming/keylogging etc. web sites set up by unscrupulous people.

I do agree that reporting someone for saying Tip.it (or even, dare I say it, RuneHQ) is acting like a mod wannabe. Personally, if I see someone mention Tip.it (or Rune HQ) I normally give them a friendly warning about the rule so that they can avoid getting into trouble from wannabe mods. Sometimes, when I do this I get a lot of verbal abuse from the player concerned, then they get a double report, one for advertising and one for abusive language. :lol:

Posting a website link (as you would if you wanted to scam/download a keylogger) is not the same as mentioning a site name. Given a site name, most people will 'Google' it (or us whatever their SE of choice is) to obtain the address and some info on the site. If they don't do this, but blindly enter site names into their address bar, they more than likely have several keyloggers resident on their hard-drive long before they happen upon RS or Tip.It.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

im pretty sure jagex knows about the tipit fansite. so your safe. :P

Jagex knows about tip.it, but they can't admit it to you via the customer support messaging system. I've asked them several times but every time they have denied knowing of ANY fansite. (probably just not to show favorism to a certain sie and therefore angering them :thumbsup: )

im pretty sure jagex knows about the tipit fansite. so your safe. :P
thats totally irrevelent -_- unless you are trying to say that jagex banned website advertising just so jagex wouldn't know about any site...? which makes no sense in more ways than you can imagine.

Either way, jagex has the worst customer support on the planet, you might be in trouble.

He means that they're not going to ban him for such a popular site. (it might be different though if it was some gold selling site ::' ) And atleast they reply to some of your messages :thumbsup: .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

You're probably fine, but yes, it IS illegal to mention site names.

I am very careful not to mention tip.it or my own site or any others by name within the game.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Jagex have posted on here multiple times, so I wouldn't need to worry.

Jagex is a company where the right hand usually doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Remember the luring fiasco a few months ago? Half the mods were saying luring was legal and half were saying it wasn't.

I would NOT follow your advice. Be smart and do not mention website names in the game, period.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

In theory, you should be fine--simply because you didn't tell him "tip.it/runescape is a great site, go there", but because you told him to ask the tip.it community--a difference, because you were referring to the community, not to the site itself.

However, better safe then sorry. Jagex is known for being indecisive.

Got nothing to worry about, I'm sure Jagex will understand :? Specially if you have no black marks.

Btw what cape is the guy wearing?

I think it was a slayer cape. :?

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I wouldn't be worried. I doubt that the level 125 said anything and you didn't name a website.

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

this is probably one of the dumbest questiosn to be asked regarding rules, but...what if you were advertising runescape.com? it really is something only an idiot trying to be funny would do, but what would happn if you were reported?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

DOnt worry. If you do get a black mark you can just appeill(sp) it. No need to worry. :thumbsup:

The appeal system is a load of ****.

I recently had an account banned for an inappropriate name (bot4life). I appealed and their first reply was "we have evidence that you were in controll of your account at the time" or something like that so my appeal was dismissed.

My in reply to my last chance appeal they said "you have repeatedly broken the rules". Funny how the innapropriate account name was the only offence on my history.

Rant over.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

• 2 months later...

Did you say "tipit" or "tip.it", because that nasty litter period can make all the difference, but either way, you should be safe, I really doubt you'll be charged with an offense for saying either of those. I'm also going to agree when my fellow tifers said that he was just joking, I bet he was. Whenever I'm in world 1, after I trade with someone they decline and instantly say reported, it was literally 3 seconds, so I don't think they had much of a chance to report me.

So basically, your safe and nothing will go wrong..

~joe.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.