Pixels>Friends

The Observer

I saw this topic on RuneScape Community and I thought it would be a great discussion for TIF.

You've all heard the stories about people being hacked by their best friends. So what is your opinion on this?

This is my opinion that was posted on RuneScape Community:

I find this completely idiotic. Your friends in real life are far more important than virtual money in a virtual game. Once you hack them, the trust factor between you are gone and you are most likely, no longer friends. Especially people who hack their best friends. Friends who stuck up for them. Friends who ate lunch with them when nobody else would. Friends who would spare half a kidney to help them. It gets destroyed with just one simple, little desire to acquire wealth and to progress more easily in a game. What a horrible way to end a friendship that lasts forever over a game that lasts maybe a few years at most.

If this post has already been posted, please lock this. I can't search because I get this annoying debug error all the time.

Just to clarify: I mean friends in real life. Not friends that you meet on RuneScape.

j0xPu5R.png

It's pretty deep, I'd say. Though frankly I wouldn't ever doubt it - I'd treasure a strong "internet-based" friendship than some extra cash in the game. In fact, me and my best friend from Runescape are exactly like that :)

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

Pixel money > pixel friends

would be more correct.

Pixel friends that's right. It's already impossible to know who someone truly is in real life, so on a game? Hah, no way.

Rl friends idk, if you hack them you're not really their friend are you.

Pixel money > fake real friend

A fake real friend, no better than a fake pixel friend. bleh.

2480+ total

would be more correct.

Pixel friends that's right. It's already impossible to know who someone truly is in real life, so on a game? Hah, no way.

Why look, its m4tty and he has hacked highlanders account. :roll:

Pixel friends? I am not friends with the pixel, I could care less what my friends avatars look like. Its the person behind the game that is your friend, the person you spent all week with chatting about how clan chat would be so awesome.

The fact that you would take a friends items just because you won't receive immediate repercussions is disgusting. You need to grow up and realize that this is just a game, and that friendships(even e-friends) are worth more then a couple of items in a game.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

would be more correct.

Pixel friends? I am not friends with the pixel, I could care less what my friends avatars look like. Its the person behind the game that is your friend, the person you spent all week with chatting about how clan chat would be so awesome.

The fact that you would take a friends items just because you won't receive immediate repercussions is disgusting. You need to grow up and realize that this is just a game, and that friendships(even e-friends) are worth more then a couple of items in a game.

It like you took the words out of my mouth. :shock:

Me and my best rs friend trust each other as much as if we were rl friends. ::'

would be more correct.

I have to agree with Doughnut here....

But more on topic, that is indeed a horrid way to ruin a friendship and it's sad to see that happen. It does go to show how weak the friendship really is though, and in the end should work out for the better.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Doughnut still pissed aren't you? Pissed for what eh, you seem to got angry at me all by yourself so eh. Do I have to expect you flamming me on every topic now? =.=

My point was: you never genuinely know people in Rs. I never said I supported such acts, I simply stated it was to be expected, you don't even know who the person you're chatting with really is.

2480+ total

Highlander. You do know all people on the internet don't fake their name, age, hobbies, right?

You're logic is horrible. If I put pixels in front of friendships, I wouldn't have Saruman as a friend. I met him when Hunter came out. I didn't act like a [developmentally delayed] and use him for his pixels. I found out that he's a real person who didn't lie. If I used your logic, I'd have one less friend. :roll:

If you had all of that money in gp, who would you have to share it with? No one.

Doughnut still pissed aren't you? Pissed for what eh, you seem to got angry at me all by yourself so eh. Do I have to expect you flamming me on every topic now? =.=

My point was: you never genuinely know people in Rs. I never said I supported such acts, I simply stated it was to be expected, you don't even know who the person you're chatting with really is.

Speak for yourself. I've made some really tight friends that end up being only about 20 miles away that I've met up with. You just have to be careful, and you can make some pretty good lifelong friends you would have never met any other way.

[hide]

Highlander. You do know all people on the internet don't fake their name, age, hobbies, right?

You're logic is horrible. If I put pixels in front of friendships, I wouldn't have Saruman as a friend. I met him when Hunter came out. I didn't act like a [developmentally delayed] and use him for his pixels. I found out that he's a real person who didn't lie. If I used your logic, I'd have one less friend. :roll:

If you had all of that money in gp, who would you have to share it with? No one.

[/hide]

Looks like I didn't word my theoretical mind correctly. Excuse me, let me explain my point. That's how the minds of the selfish individuals who do such things work. If for you it's pixel friends > pixel money, then you won't do such things, obviously.

2480+ total

I am not following you around, you've had two topics in which you posted that had you acting like a idiot.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Looks like I didn't word my theoretical mind correctly. Excuse me, let me explain my point. That's how the minds of the selfish individuals who do such things work. If for you it's pixel friends > pixel money, then you won't do such things, obviously.

I'm selfish because I valued Saruman44 over some gp?

Hey, flaming isn't nice. :(

Let's talk about the topic. :thumbsup:

Like how a virtual couple I knew were getting close, and the guy ended up taking one of the girl's accounts and all her stuff on her other account. I felt bad, but I did warn her...

I'm selfish because I valued Saruman44 over some gp?

You're an idiot, why value pixels? He is just a pixel friend, he has no value on how you play the game.

"]doughnutt.jpg

The internet is a new medium for relationships, they are still in their early years and so as such..... They are not yet socially excepted as real relationships. People will often look down on having a friendship they have never met or seen.

You have to ask though: at the end of the day what is the differnce between a penpal, and a RS friend? They equate to the same thing, although only one is accepted in society as a real relationship.

There are some aspects of an online relationship that I am uncomfortable with though, and thats romantic relationships! whilst I do understand that they do happen and they can be real.... I can but help feel unhappy with them! the internet is just full of too many preditors.

It's very possible to have full propper friendships with the people we meet online though, we should never forget real life as they fill some roles we just cant have online. But a RS friend can be a real and genuine friend.

sig2webzx7.jpg

:shock: wow, for once i agree with you...

seriously, if your friend values pixel money/time over a friendship, they aren't friends, and are just using you. a real friend would much rather have a friend than your items.

i'm saying this as someone who really doesn't trust anyone over the internet, though.

This topic is about real-life friends.

BTW, do not share accounts with anyone else, even your parents, because you never know if they will scam you and get you banned.

LOL!

omg guyz my mum haxed my acc n got me banned wtf omgggggggggggggg

The same thing happened to me! Just when you thought you could trust the woman that birthed you...

I find it funny how its always pixels, any material possesion > any friendship IMO.

And at Highlanders: Would a Pen Pal be any different?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

some of my friends on here are close to being the best i have ever had. Namely Footy, Antaeus, and Xman. I value them above anything in this game, even if i was hacked and had nothing, i would still be glad to know they are my friends. Pixel Friends > Pixels stuff tbh.

16574381pm8.png

This has been postd before, but I don't blame you for posting it again. It's actually very good that you brings up the subject, because this is a big probelm in the game. Best friends who hack each other, and this way destroys their friendship, most likely forever, just because of some pixels on a computer screen! It's soooooo stupid...And still it happens.

It's just so sad :cry:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

One question, why?

Why would you hack your friends, ruin the friendship, just so that you could have some "virtual" money. My real life friends trust me, and I trust them. For instance, when I was level 70ish, one of my friends traded me his whip, then asked to give it back, which of course, I did. The people and the friends are much more important than the things they are wearing.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.