Pixels>Friends

The Observer

So what highlander is saying, is basically: Because you can't really know who they are in real life, you should not care for them.

How heroÃÆÃâÃâïc. I absolutely embrace your ways. Want to become friends? I need some new pixels. [/sarcasm]

pixel friends > pixel stuff. Heck Id rather want a good friend then full dragon.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

these kind of topics are always reminding me, that how badly i've failed.

even though, school is starting soon and i have to slow down with rs and get new friends, getting friends doesn't always work for me. it's not that "oh you're shy, go talk with them!" - but thats the thing i do. and still people don't seem to like me. it makes me feel depressed at times, which is when i turn to rs and meet people who really like my personality, who i can talk about daily rubbish and even some very important thoughts. Yes, you can all flame me and give me a new nickname "nerd", since i've so used to it.

as doughnut said, its not the pixels.

in my opinion, its the people behind that other screen. i don't really care that does he fake or not, at least he/she likes me, what people don't do to me in real life.

-Ran

I posted here.

ftw.

a good friend on Rs of mine lend me 2 mil a couple of weeks ago, and i would get it back a.s.a.p. , but 1 day later he got hacked and i didnt had the 2 mil, so he said i scammed him :shock:

i was shocked when i heard it, but i'm not like that, 2 days later i paid him 2 mil back again and we became friends again :thumbsup:

I rather have friends then pixels <3:

habbostery.png

habbostery.png

Pixels > Friends.

This is certainly the attitude that many people in RuneScape adopt whilst playing.

You always hear stories where someone has been scammed of vast amounts of money by their "best friend", and you seem to hear it more often nowadays then you may have done in the past.

It's a deep shame to see, but you've just got to think twice about who you can trust and who you can't. For me, I probably won't trust anyone I don't know in real life. If you were scammed by someone who you didn't know, you would never have the problem resolve in your favour.

- Honoured

honoured_guy.png

honoured_guy.png

Need A Question Answered About RuneScape? Message Me!

Yeah, I thank that there would have to be something seriously wrong with you to hack your friend's account. I mean, even if they didn't find out, I don't know how one could just watch their friends be unhappy over their loss.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

whenever i read a thread like this i feel like i'm being accused of being a bad person...

racistmodhq9.png Racist Mod (may or may not have been taken out of context)

Figuring out what to put in my signature just takes too much work.

If your still reading this, your a noob.

lol

I find it funny how its always pixels, any material possesion > any friendship IMO.

And at Highlanders: Would a Pen Pal be any different?

Well, it's an improvement from anything on internet. Unlike an internet relation, if has the potential of becoming genuine, as all real-life relationships imo.

2480+ total

Looks like I didn't word my theoretical mind correctly. Excuse me, let me explain my point. That's how the minds of the selfish individuals who do such things work. If for you it's pixel friends > pixel money, then you won't do such things, obviously.

I'm selfish because I valued Saruman44 over some gp?

When the heck did he ever say you were the selfish people he was talking about? That's like going to a site for children with cancer and going "LOL DUUD I DONT HAV CANCER LOL!!!!!"

Pixel money > fake real friend

I have to agree with that statement 100%. It's impossible for a friend to hack you, because if somebody hacks you who you thought was a friend, then you (as in most people) wouldn't see them as a friend any more, therefore you were not hacked by a friend.

And anyway, if I value in-game money and items more than any friends, what gives you the right to declare me an idiot? If I had the view that life is futile because we're all gonna die anyway, and therefore I can hack other people's accounts as I please, what are you going to do? Punch me through your monitor? Or flame me, declare me an idiot because I have a different opinion to you and chase me out of the Tip.it community?

This topic is about real-life friends.

BTW, do not share accounts with anyone else, even your parents, because you never know if they will scam you and get you banned.

true, true, you cant trust those "parent" types. -.-

you never know when your "mother" might turn around and say "0MG HAXXORD N00B!" :uhh:

on topic, i really don't see the point in hacking anyone, if you get the money yourself once, its just as easy to do it again.

hacking someone will pretty much make you Dependant on other peoples money.

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I don't think I could ever scam Caskade... after all he's done for me.

I'm pretty sure it was him who let me wear his dlegs when I was dirt poor and they were still pretty exspensive :mrgreen:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I find it funny how its always pixels, any material possesion > any friendship IMO.

And at Highlanders: Would a Pen Pal be any different?

Well, it's an improvement from anything on internet. Unlike an internet relation, if has the potential of becoming genuine, as all real-life relationships imo.

But why is it an improvement? It's basically the exact same thing: You just know his/her personality and don't know how your friend looks like until he/she sends pictures thru the mail (or thru e-mail on the internet).

The Internet is just a faster-paced Pen Pal form of communication.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Most of my best "e-friends" are people I could trust in real life. I personally think that no matter where you know a person, there is a sentient being (hey - you never know, aliens could be playing with us :P) outside the screen, talking to us. They have feelings too. I can personally say that I have lent a santa hat to many people. I believe, and yes, you can call me an idiot for believing so, that a santa is worth less than knowing a person that you can trust. Hey, I think that if it takes a santa to find out the person's TRUE character, it is worth it. Im a person that honestly thinks that everything in Runescape is just pixels, and Im not afraid to lose them. Everything but the characters roaming around. There are real people behind that mask, people with feelings. I am proud to say that I am a trustworthy guy. People have lent me items worth millions of gps. I've also been lent a yellow, white and a blue party hat, which, if Im not mistaken, is more than a billion gp. I never fail to return items, because, I know, and Im glad that I know, that there are real people behind the masks of the characters, with real feelings and real emotions. I don't like to betray people at all, whether in the wilderness or not.

Heck, Im the same in real life. People can trust me, because as I said, Im not the time of person to go around and betray someone's trust.

Thanks,

OT (One Time)

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

To be honest, I would agree with highlander here, no sarcasm. NOT that I would hack someone, I play fair. But if it came to donating money to someone just because I knew them for a while, they wouldn't get peanuts from me. I rarely help anyone if it hurts me, and I don't ask other people for donations, so don't ask me.

Of course, the theory doesn't apply to folks i know in rl. It's much harder getting friends in the real world, and help and support goes a much longer way here. But in a virtual world, things aren't quite as important to anyone. So while I may give you directions or help you with a quest, don't expect me to sacrifice myself so I can let someone walk all over me.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

My point was: you never genuinely know people in Rs. I never said I supported such acts, I simply stated it was to be expected, you don't even know who the person you're chatting with really is.

Excactly. I'm not supporting the actions either, but if you give your green mask/ santa/ whatever to someone you don't even know in rl you have no right to whine if he runs off with it. If for your 'friend' 20m is worth more fun in RS than chatting with you, why should he not run off with it? That's not betraying friendship; he obviously didn't consider you a real friend. So what if you can't talk to him any more? You know other people you can have fun with, and you have 20m you can do whatever you like with.

If you steal items from friends in real life, well, there's 20-story building over there with access to the roof. Friends you know in rl are not just people you add to your ignore list. They can also beat you up and tell your other friends :P .

This does not mean I scam or hack myself, I don't value items over the people in my clan. Without them I would have quit a long time ago. #g.o.f ftw

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It's sad if a RL friend scams you by hacking your account, but actualy its ur own fault since Jagex recommends EVERYONE not telling ur pass to anyone, not even people you know in RL :wink:

It's sad but i will never EVER give my pass to anyone. :shame:

2384 Overall ~ 15 maxed out skills

http://forum.tip.it/topic/293650-hazezors-blog-old-pictures-2007-a-vid/ --> Check out my blog!

friends>pixels

if i was given the choice between phat set and cracker, or a really, really friend, id take a friend ne day.

items are just pixels aranged in dif ways and colours. friends are people behind pixels

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

My friend irl took everything I owned from me after I lent it to him about a year ago now (7-8M) and I never got it back.

I still trust him and would lend him the same again as I judge other people on the basis I judge myself, I know he was desperate and everything.

So you can't say that trust is always lost

This topic is about real-life friends.

BTW, do not share accounts with anyone else, even your parents, because you never know if they will scam you and get you banned.

true, true, you cant trust those "parent" types. -.-

you never know when your "mother" might turn around and say "0MG HAXXORD N00B!" :uhh:

on topic, i really don't see the point in hacking anyone, if you get the money yourself once, its just as easy to do it again.

hacking someone will pretty much make you Dependant on other peoples money.

sorry for being off-topic more, but i find the thought of your mom just out of the blue one day saying, "Muahahahahaha!!! 1 4r3 t34 h4xx0rz" quite hilarious

grayblizzard.png