Is this fair?

Emp75

Well...technically you should be grateful that jagex has low priorities on banning people, or you would have been banned a long while ago! :mrgreen:

I don't like how jagex doesn't give warnings, but the way I see it, it's long overdue for a temp ban or mute. Perm ban is harsh, but its a little tough love, and remember, that is a lot of rules you broke there. :boohoo:

And did you say you went from 8 to 15, or 0.8 to 15? I wouldn't blame you for being angry over the latter.

I said 0.8 to 15

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not trying to be nasty, but I have been playing RuneScape for 3 years on and off without ever receiving a black mark, my younger brother has been playing longer and he has, but only because he broke the rules.

What we are saying is & it is very simple, if you don't want to loss your account don't break the rules.. FULL STOP if you had not of broken them you would not be here.

So your asking if it is fair that when someone breaks the rules not once but a multitude of times that they should be banned I think you have found your answer, and you really should not have needed our help to work this out.

I think it's perfectly fair, you broke the rules, you got banned. What does it matter how long it took for you to get banned? Just means you got to enjoy your account a bit longer. : :lol:

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Jagex's ban system is a little messed up. It is unfair that you were banned suddenly. Hopefully you can appeal, but even then your chances are slim, as Jagex never seem to pay much attention to Ban Appeals. :?

Although I suppose if you did break another rule and you were reported, that would have obviously of been the cause. :|

How is it not fair that they can ban you without giving you warning? So you have time to transfer all your stuff onto another account? That'd just be stupid. Like telling a murderer he's going to jail but they're going to pick him up tomorrow :-s .

Either way, there is no excuse for having a black mark. You break the rules, you pay.

I agree, if you break the rules you pay, but i do think Jagex is very harsh. First off, i don't think telling a noob you'll sell him a rare shark for a lot of money should be against the rules, you can do it in real life. It's just lying, not very moral, but it shouldn't be against the rules.

Emp, I can't imagine how bad this is for you, all that hard work you put into your account, and you get banned for some stupid mistakes. I wish it wasn't permanent, sorry man, but rules are rules, and let this be a lesson for all of us.

sup3rxnova.png

I love how everyone is focusing on the fact that you got the offences and assume that you're complaining that you got banned because of what you did wrong :roll:

It's the fact they all got slammed on him in 1 day that he thinks is unfair, I know I would stop joking around (and probably stop speaking in public chat -.-) if I was at 8 black marks from offences, rather than continue my ways in danger of getting banned because of a bunch of mod wannabes thinking I only had a single blackmark.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

I love how everyone is focusing on the fact that you got the offences and assume that you're complaining that you got banned because of what you did wrong :roll:

It's the fact they all got slammed on him in 1 day that he thinks is unfair, I know I would stop joking around (and probably stop speaking in public chat -.-) if I was at 8 black marks from offences, rather than continue my ways in danger of getting banned because of a bunch of mod wannabes thinking I only had a single blackmark.

Yeah but what we are trying to stress is whether he got them all in 1 week 1 day or 1 hour if he had not broken the rules he would not be in this position , so really either way it is fair brake the rules face the consequences.

Thx for the support but I was at 0.8 not 8

I also believe that the punishment should have a temp ban and perm mute. Ya i swore, I should be muted, not banned. I may have other offenses but all of them were just jokes and 1 I didn't understand how I broke any rule in the evidence.

I also believe that the punishment should have a temp ban and perm mute. Ya i swore, I should be muted, not banned. I may have other offenses but all of them were just jokes and 1 I didn't understand how I broke any rule in the evidence.

I don't disagree with your ban, but yeah maybe a temp would have been a little better, I have used cuss words on rune but only in private chat with other adults my age and older in a joking manner, I would never use bad language in public chat and maybe in future you will respect that kids play the game and it is inappropriate to do so.

Just hope that after a few appeals you'll get it back & most importantly learn your lesson.

Wow That abuncha Bow String!

.8-15 Black marks in 1 day i think they should have done it differently...

But try argue through customer support

But it looks like you Password scammed a bit too :-k I thin your ban is quiet deserved but all at once is not maybe you would have stopped.

Best of luck on your account

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

That is why whenever you see a J-Mod you should hurl abuse at them for working for such a shabby company. Damn that's bad for you :uhh: maybe your account was hacked when you were offline and some idiot thought it would be funny if he walked around with auto-talk on swearing?

But it looks like you Password scammed a bit too :-k I thin your ban is quiet deserved but all at once is not maybe you would have stopped.

As for the password scamming, I was just joking around, but Jagex apparently takes jokes way too serious.

As for the password scamming, I was just joking around, but Jagex apparently takes jokes way too serious.

It's like going to the airport, and saying "I've got a bomb" when you really don't, or any number of things...

You don't do it, because they HAVE to watch out for those things. They don't know if you were joking or not.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It's like going to the airport, and saying "I've got a bomb" when you really don't, or any number of things...

You don't do it, because they HAVE to watch out for those things. They don't know if you were joking or not.

U can't compare me joking around on an online game, something minor to a serious bomb threat irl.

^It's basically the same thing though. Who's supposed to know if you are kidding or not anyway? You can't do anything you want and when you get in trouble for it and say I was just kidding. For all we know you could have really tried to password scam, really tried to item scam, and really encouraged others to break the rules.

No its not fair, but i have to admit i love JaGeX for:

You have 15.0 black marks out of 10

You are perminatly banned

You are muted for 3 more days :XD:

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

^It's basically the same thing though. Who's supposed to know if you are kidding or not anyway? You can't do anything you want and when you get in trouble for it and say I was just kidding. For all we know you could have really tried to password scam, really tried to item scam, and really encouraged others to break the rules.

Y did u repost the same exact thing like 40 mins later?

I'm sorry for your loss, but I think it's totally fair, you admitted to breaking the rules and Jagex owns your account, therefore they have the right to ban anyone they please for any reason. Before they let you play you clicked the box that said that you agreed to the terms of use. That being said you really have no reason to say that it's unfair for you being banned for breaking the rules.

Your pretty stupid.

He got 15 black marks from within a year all slammed on him on one day? maybe he would of made himself stop if he knew he was soon gonna get permed and plus he was joking he shouldve gotten muted at the max a temp ban.

Thank you :)

you do realise he is right?

it is fair for a couple of reasons.

player mods have the ability to ask jagex to check all the reports made on a person.

or if the person does something bad.

but anyway, player mods can ask jagex to research and find all the reports made on a person, since jagex are lazy like everyone says and take care of all the more important reports like scamming, when they do this all the bad things you have done to yourself come back to you.

if it was a player mod who has done it then there is no need for you to have a warning, and jagex does own your account anyway.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

U can't compare me joking around on an online game, something minor to a serious bomb threat irl.

you can be wrong all you want it doesnt change anything.

what if every single banned person on the face of the earth on runescape said they were joking?

jagex cant tell for sure, every single guilty person out there makes a complaint and says i was joking and i didnt mean it.

how will jagex tell the difference between you?

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Plus the majority of the Jagex staff is customer support and all they do all day is review countless abuse reports and I think that they make the correct decision most of the time. I have the upmost respect for them and hope they keep up the good work.

For having the majority of their staff in customer support they have a really really bad customer support.

really??

Looks to me like they caught you breaking quite a few rules.

good eye jagex

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

I also got a half a blackmark today! i think they have a realese date after researching reports. Oh and some guy reported me for claiming i was a p mod when i never said taht, and i encourauged him to report macros! im a lil mad!

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

Plus the majority of the Jagex staff is customer support and all they do all day is review countless abuse reports and I think that they make the correct decision most of the time. I have the upmost respect for them and hope they keep up the good work.

For having the majority of their staff in customer support they have a really really bad customer support.

really??

good eye jagex

They caught me? Nah. Jagex never catches anyone breaking rules cept macroers. You c, some1 reported me, Jagex didnt catch me, they just read a report.

And if ur satisfied with Jagex's customer support, u r ezily satisfied

really??

good eye jagex

:roll:

It's kinda wannabe mods or whatever you wanna call them that reported emp. Jagex just skims it and may toss their blackmarks at free will. Then again, i'm not gonna put Jagex into too much question with so many of them working on so many different cases, but blah. Like one of them is actually gonna look over emp's cases and say "Ohhhh he was onllyy joking... no blackmarks." If they wanna be firm with it, fine. But if what Killy said about a release date after researching reports is true, that would be plain stupid.

sig3bh7.png

really??

good eye jagex

They caught me? Nah. Jagex never catches anyone breaking rules cept macroers. You c, some1 reported me, Jagex didnt catch me, they just read a report.

And if ur satisfied with Jagex's customer support, u r ezily satisfied

if you feel this way, then why do you even want to return to this game run by these people?

according to you the game is corrupt, everyone is out to get you etc etc...so why bother trying to get your account back?? isn't it only inevitable that jagex bans you wrongly again :roll:

you've already admitted to breaking the rules, now take your punishment like a man

:roll:

It's kinda wannabe mods or whatever you wanna call them that reported emp. Jagex just skims it and may toss their blackmarks at free will.

If you really feel that way then you're really foolish for playing this game.

I would never play a game in which I thought this were true of their customer service

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)