Weight Gain...again...

Futurama

Okay, bit personal here but, i'm 18 and i've never really been able to put on weight. I'm 6ft and 9st, and I hate it - I lie on my front and my ribs dig into me, my wrists look like an old womans and i'm basically a lanky pillock. I believe we should be happy the way we are, but I believe i'll be a lot happier if I gain some weight.

Does anyone have any tips? I'm getting more and more upset over this and really want to put it to rest.

Cheers.

logo.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know try eating pasta, that stuff goes straight to my arse :(

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Just eat more than you burn, it isn't any rocket science. I've personally seen many people who say they just can't get mass and when you look at their daily menu you can stop wondering why they don't get it.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I don't know try eating pasta, that stuff goes straight to my arse :(

Im not even going to touch that. But try working out, eating a lot, or eating a lot and sitting on your butt all day playing video games and watching tv. works for the rest of america...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

im with ya buddy, im about 6'2 but im pretty thin, i eat alot more then most of my friends but i never gain any weight unless i get taller, my doctor says i just have a really high metabolism(sp?) and i play alot of sports so that keep it off too. I would suggest getting gym membership and drink lots of milk and get alot of protein and carbs in your diet.

clansig7.gif

lolwell...

Mysisters 24 years old- 96 pounds-.-.She has the same problem,shes tried something its beenslighty working:)

Heres the deal.

I HOPE YOU LIKE POTATOES!:D

Eat 2-3 Potatoes before you go to bed every day. Do whatever you want to them like put them in the microwave 2 min or so, cut them up put whipcream/cheese whatever it is you like and eat them.

Also, work out!

Go to a local gym, sign up monthly or something and get some muscle which canhopefully increase ur weight.

Good luck

--Quit--(As of December 22th, 2007)

You've got a fast metabolism like me, so sitting around sedentary all day won't help. Granted I'm in the same shoes you are, but the advice I'd give myself if I could follow it would be to buy a ton of heavy food. Protein shakes, etc. Don't bother with fast food junk when you can get healthier alternatives that don't pollute you. In addition to meals you eat with your family, eat your own extra stuff for those days when the rest of the family just doesn't eat as much as you'd like to. Gaining weight when you're in this position requires effort - not a lack of it, which is the opposite for most people. Eat one last heavy in protein meal right before you go to bed, and try to do some heavy lifting too. Low reps, high intensity to failure.

Again, that's what people tell me, except it's just a lot of work. I've been the same weight all summer unfortunately, but this fall I'll be living in a dorm so I'll be eating as much food as I want. :P

Same as me but I don't really get too skinny, although I play a lot of sport so that could mean something. Do you play any sports? You should work out and go for that food pyramid thing. You probably just have fast metabolism. :)

wardockunder30kbla2.gif

Thanks Ronnii :D

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER

One word: Whopper

Two words: Big Mac

Three words: HOT JUICY BURGER!

Haha but anyway just work out and eat some junk food.

that doesnt make sense, your just cancelling them out, eating the fats then burning them off

clansig7.gif

One word: Whopper

Two words: Big Mac

Three words: HOT JUICY BURGER!

Haha but anyway just work out and eat some junk food.

that doesnt make sense, your just cancelling them out, eating the fats then burning them off

Well if you work out then you'll be buff and not skinny as a rail and at the same time you'll be a little more normal if you eat SOME junk food.

You've got a fast metabolism like me, so sitting around sedentary all day won't help. Granted I'm in the same shoes you are, but the advice I'd give myself if I could follow it would be to buy a ton of heavy food. Protein shakes, etc. Don't bother with fast food junk when you can get healthier alternatives that don't pollute you. In addition to meals you eat with your family, eat your own extra stuff for those days when the rest of the family just doesn't eat as much as you'd like to. Gaining weight when you're in this position requires effort - not a lack of it, which is the opposite for most people. Eat one last heavy in protein meal right before you go to bed, and try to do some heavy lifting too. Low reps, high intensity to failure.

Again, that's what people tell me, except it's just a lot of work. I've been the same weight all summer unfortunately, but this fall I'll be living in a dorm so I'll be eating as much food as I want. :P

If you get bench press equipment in your home, it really isn't all that much work at all. Whenever I've got a free half hour me, my dad, and my little brother all work out, since I kind of need to bulk up before college :-w . We do curls, bench press, sit ups, dips (well, only me), and abs (mid air, pull your legs up parallel to the ground, 20 reps).

It's really convenient; I often just go into the gym room randomly and do a few reps of whatever I want, or if I'm watching TV in there I'll do curls while I watch. I'd think that getting a gym membership would be a pain, and one probably wouldn't use it much, but when the equipment is convenient it's hard not to lift and work out :) .

That being said... my little bro can only bench 70-75 right now (he's 12, but broad), but by the time he goes to college he'll be a third degree, maybe even fourth degree black belt who can bench 200+. Ya, I don't think he's going to have much trouble dealing with annoying people :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Simple: Eat more.

A lot of people think they eat a lot but you'll soon realise how little you're eating for your metabolism. Sure yea, I WAS eating a lot back then, but then I realise now, how little I was eating compared to now, it's ridiculous.

Force yourself to eat more, your body will start to adapt to it, once you're adapted to eating more, eat even more.

And if you DO start to work out, don't be like the guy above and be a bench and curls guy, you'll look hideous without any back and legs and of course you'll be top, and front heavy, since you don't train your back. You'll also most likely end up with posture problems.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Drink Slim-Fast shakes as a beverage to every meal you consume.

Make sure you eat 700 calorie +/- meals. The Slim-Fast shakes are about 300 calories I believe. That's about 3000 calories a day. Also, maybe exercise less?

This will give you fat, not muscle. But you'll gain a little weight.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

A lot of people think they eat a lot but you'll soon realise how little you're eating for your metabolism. Sure yea, I WAS eating a lot back then, but then I realise now, how little I was eating compared to now, it's ridiculous.

Force yourself to eat more, your body will start to adapt to it, once you're adapted to eating more, eat even more.

And if you DO start to work out, don't be like the guy above and be a bench and curls guy, you'll look hideous without any back and legs and of course you'll be top, and front heavy, since you don't train your back. You'll also most likely end up with posture problems.

Eh, I've played Select A soccer for over a decade, so it's more like I'm trying to get my upper body to catch up with my legs :lol: (since that's all I used to train >_<). I mean, I can only bench like 120, I doubt I'd be "top, and front heavy" :lol: .

My back muscles, like my leg muscles, are also far beyond my biceps, triceps and other upper body muscles as well, so again, it's more of catching up than anything, and it's really fixing my posture (I used to slouch a ton >_>).

But still, he's right. If you only train upper body you will have those problems, so heed his warning and make sure to train all of your body, not just your upper portion :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Don't eat a lot of junk food like some people recommend, eat fruits, vegetables, meat and bread, you don't have to lift weights all day, just go outside and try doing chin ups/pull ups, push ups, you should try doing hand stands near wall and without it as well, it helps your coordination and balance as well as reaction and body muscles. Don't forget about crunches for abs and leg exercises such as invisible chairs and those where you go from sitting to standing position, no clue what they are called. Don't forget to stretch often, run and shower every day, that will benefit you as well.

It's hard in the beginning but then you will get used to it, just have patience.

Good luck.

Ease off any cardio stuff you're doing. Obviously you need to keep it up, because keeping your heart healthy is way more important than any short term weight gains at the moment, but don't overdo it.

Find a local gym, get yourself a muscle building program and stick to it. Low reps, high weights.

Eat, a lot. But don't eat a lot of junk, try and eat lots of smaller meals a day instead of three big ones to keep your body ticking over.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Eh, I've played Select A soccer for over a decade, so it's more like I'm trying to get my upper body to catch up with my legs :lol: (since that's all I used to train >_<). I mean, I can only bench like 120, I doubt I'd be "top, and front heavy" :lol: .

My back muscles, like my leg muscles, are also far beyond my biceps, triceps and other upper body muscles as well, so again, it's more of catching up than anything, and it's really fixing my posture (I used to slouch a ton >_>).

But still, he's right. If you only train upper body you will have those problems, so heed his warning and make sure to train all of your body, not just your upper portion :P .

Lol okay, I got kinda pissed cos it seemed like you were advocating the Benchn'Curls type of training which is really annoying.

How did you train your back anyway, if you weren't into lifting. Unless you kept doing tons of pull ups.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.