God mode moments.

warri0r45

God mode moments. It can be a riff, a bar of music, a note, a chorus, a line of lyrics, a solo, or any part of a song. The premise of this topic is simple. From any song, what slab of music just made you go "Woah, these guys are un-freaking-touchable."

I'll add some later after seeing if this goes anywhere.

Comfortably Numb's guitar solo... it's gods voice.

Can't argue with that. :thumbsup:

The first one I had in mind would have to be in the section of Mushuggah's Catch 33 titled 'Disenchantment' (the whole CD is one song 47 minutes long divided into 13 sections) where the droning, dissonant guitars and grooving drums cut out and the singer almost whispers "The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles." Enter another droning and dissonant riff, resume headbanging to the grooving drums and a major one of these ---> =P~

Another would have to be the solo from the same CD but this time in the section called 'Entrapment.' It's so unorthodox and hard to describe but just fits the droning riff it's layers over so well.

Wow. I could give you so many from that very CD. Meshuggah = God Mode.

The solo from 'The Unforgiven' by Metallica.

I then realized that I wanted to play the guitar. And utterly pwn the hell out of the eardrums of everyone that heard me with my absolute awesomeness.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

Pink Floyd - When the Tigers Broke Free

Led Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven

In both songs, how they slowly go from lighter to heavier and how they convey their messages... it's simplly amazing...

*random side note* That's the only Pink Floyd song I like. Dark Side of the Moon can bite me. =P

Cowards can't block Warriors.

The live version has nearly brought me to tears watching it on DVD.

It's hard to think of many that i've heard recently, there's a song off the Requiem For A Dream soundtrack called Summer Overture, which was remixed for a LOTR trailer. It's called Requiem For A Tower and it's even more powerful than the original; just the combination of the harsh strings with the deep timpanis, it's utterly haunting. It's been used a fair bit in films and adverts, you'd probably recognise it.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

It's hard to think of many that i've heard recently, there's a song off the Requiem For A Dream soundtrack called Summer Overture, which was remixed for a LOTR trailer. It's called Requiem For A Tower and it's even more powerful than the original; just the combination of the harsh strings with the deep timpanis, it's utterly haunting. It's been used a fair bit in films and adverts, you'd probably recognise it.

I presume the Pulse version?

I dont know how many times I've watched that, lost count :|

Another god mode for gilmour would be Echoes Pt. 1 from Pompeii.

heres a link to pompeii http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_n4pzWbvc

here comfortably numb,

and heres a random one. MUST WATCH *tears of joy*

GOD = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76yQFV58-0o

wait for the ending on this one, its brilliant!

one that hasn't been mentioned yet -

Eruption - Van Halen

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Oh man, I have to add the video clip to Meshuggah's 'New Millenium Cyanide Christ' (the title is god mode alone :XD: ). In this clip, they not only rock hard, they make a joke out of it by playing the song on 'air instruments' while on a bus. I absolutely adore the time signature change ups in the outro too. =P~

I presume the Pulse version?

I dont know how many times I've watched that, lost count :|

Yeah the P*U*L*S*E version, still to my mind the most eargasmic solo ever conceived.

And here's

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Leather Rebel, Judas Priest. Intro is easy if you know what you're doing, but the first time I heard it, I didn't, and was like, "Holy Frick, these guys are good!"

(Note: Ignore video, just listen to the song. Priest didn't make the video)

Angel, by Judas Priest. Rob's vocals in the chorus are just... wow.

The Trooper, by Iron Maiden. That solo is amazingly complicated.The Trooper

Oops I Did it Again Children of Bodom cover, by Children of Bodom. Hearing a scremo/metalcore/death metal version of this song was... inspiring, to say the least.Oops I Did It Again(Children of Bodom)

But my favorite has to be Hallowed be thy Name, by Iron Maiden. It's so eerie and amazingly rhythmic that it's amazing. =D>

Hallowed be thy Name

Lotta links...

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

The very end of white Rabbit, by Jefferson airplane, teh rising sound just blows my eardrums off. It's so high pitched

Oh, and the line-"there's the store where the creatures meet, i wonder what they do in there?", sounds so weird, just love it. It's the way Jim Morrison says it that does it.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Poly is a devil, and meets another devil.

Makes you go insane 8-) .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9a4f1gOaFE

BANGING WITH THE BASS!!

Same as above.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.