tuna potatoes & members lvl 25+ cooking guide to lvl 68

Vincent

First of all you need 68 cooking to make tuna potatoes. Not 68 cooking? scroll down for my quick cook leveling guide for lvl 25+ cooks. you must be a member to make tuna potatoes. why tuna potatoes? they heal 22 hitpoints and if you're a farmer a good way to use your sweetcorn. If you'd like to make other kinds of potatoes check the knowledge base for the lvls required and ingredients needed. This is for tuna potatoes best food in the game.

Method: The Culimancers chest in the basement in lumbridge sells up to 10 butter. every time you're there or near there stop in and buy 10. After awhile the 10's start adding up. If you'd rather, switch worlds until you have the amount of butter you need. Alternatively, buy buckets of milk or cream, the chest contains up to 50 buckets of milk and 50 cream, and churn into butter or hire someone else to churn them into butter. Cream is the faster of the two. For those people that have completed the varrock achievement diary, the closest churn is in the cooking guild. for others, zanaris and yanille have churns close to a bank. Farm sweetcorn until you have a lot in your bank, say over 100. Use the Catherby bank to cook your sweetcorn since a range is required or use cooking guild if you have access to the bank there. For this example will use 100 tuna potatoes.

crop1ew0.jpg

culchestrn6.jpg

Update: if you have access to Sigmund in Relekka, he sells infinite potatoes which is faster than picking, so take your empty sacks with some money and 10 empty spaces and fill your sacks there. Sigmund is found walking around the Relekka marketplace area. Also: the green grocers of miscellania and et cetera stock an infinite supply of groceries including potatoes. the et cetera green grocer is the closer of the two to a bank. green grocers are found in front of their respective castle's marketplace square.

sigmundaj0.jpg

For cooks with lvl 25+ cooking that have completed fremmenik trials: cooks guide to quick leveling for members read on:

[hide=]UPDATE: I now recommend you complete at least the easy section of the fremennik achievement diary and WEAR your boots and deposit ALL of your cooked stews. depositing these with peer the seer instead of selling them back is a better option. if you want to make curry at lvl 60 cooking, dont cook the stew; bank them uncooked, then when you can get, add the curry leaves or spice; then cook it to make curry. curry is decent food heals 19 and the spice is thieveable; or buy curry leaves or grow curry trees.

You'll notice sigmund sells cooked meat and potatoes; those just happen to be the ingredients for stew. he doesnt sell bowls of water though so, stock up on bowls of water at shanty pass. buy from shanty and bank using the bank chest. buy the bowls of water not the regular bowls. there's an infinity supply so no problems. ok, for lvl 68 cooking from lvl 25 you'll need 5105 stew, does that seem like a lot? it's not that bad, believe me especially for a lvl 25 cook to get to 68. divide that by 13 it's about 393 trips from sigmunds to the range. Here's the method go to sigmund with your coins and 5100 noted bowls of water. sell sigmund 13 noted bowls of water and buy them back, now buy 13 potatoes. use a potato with a bowl of water; make all. now buy 13 cooked meat; use the cooked meat with the unfinshed stew select make all. now go to the longhall and you'll see a pig roasting. this acts as a range. use the uncooked stew with the roasting thing and select make all. now go back to sigmund and sell him your stews read the UPDATE above deposit the stews with peer the seer instead; and again sell him 13 noted bowls of water; buy those back and continue as described using this method. This can also be used as food for training thieving there or combat in the area. just bring some coins and some noted bowls of water. stew heals 11 hitpoints.

117 xp per stew. that's 1521 xp per trip to the roasting thing. Once you get the buying and selling down this goes pretty fast. this method is practically free and requires very little running around and does not require time spent fishing or money to buy raw etc.

Note: this method is doable and will raise your cooking lvls substantially. so that you will burn less food and be able to cook more of a variety of food including tuna potatoes. This is not meant to be substitute for other cooking activities that you might enjoy such as gnome cooking minigame which requires variable levels. this is just a method for lvling quickly so you can make all those items and other items. Now back to the tuna potato making guide.[/hide]

relekkalq7.jpg

If you'd rather, take 10 potato sacks to the potato field northeast of draynor bank. You can buy sacks in any farming supply shop. Pick 100 potatoes and put them in sacks. Now go back to the bank and you're ready to unload your potatoes. take 4 sacks out at a time from left to right empty all sacks. repeat until all 10 sacks are emptied.

crop2hd1.jpg

Cook your potatoes in Catherby as it's close to a bank and a range is required or the cooking guild if you have access to the bank there. After you've cooked the potatoes, withdraw 14 potatoes and 14 butter. place a butter at the bottom of your inventory and a potato next to it. use the butter with the potato until all the potatoes have butter on them.

crop3xa4.jpg

Hopefully you have cooked tuna in your bank, if not, kingdom of miscellania has the option for the subjects to get tuna for you, or fish your own and cook. if you have all the ingredients collected over time this is actually very simple.

crop4cb4.jpg

The culimancers chest sells bowls and you'll need a knife. Buy 13 bowls. withdraw 2 knives and 13 sweetcorn. place the bowl near the bottom of the inventory next to a cooked sweetcorn and use the bowl with the sweetcorn. there is a make all option. then withdraw 13 tuna from the bank. keep the bowl at the bottom of your inventory. use the bowl with the cooked tuna; again there is a make all option. until all 13 bowls contain tuna and corn. Withdraw 13 buttered potaotes right click use tuna/corn mixture with buttered potato select make all. there's 13 tuna potatoes. repeat until all your potatoes are done.

crop5qh1.jpg

Comments: this is not that difficult. it looks like you have to do a lot of work but if you have the ingredients or gather the ingredients over time it's just a matter of cooking the sweetcorn, cooking the potatoes, adding the butter, and making the corn/tuna mixture then combining. you could churn your own butter, the fastest method for that is to buy cream or buckets of milk from the culimancer chest then churn into butter. churning cream to butter is faster than churning milk. do that or just collect butter from the chest over time.

If you'd like to use up your sweetcorn for something good try this method.

this guide is no longer being updated.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Nice guide for begginers, I'm familiar with the process but do you think there would be any faster way to obtain butter and potato? even if it involves cash..

Also you really should crop the pictures properly

edit :

Cropped them for you :)

[hide=Cropped pictures]

butterculchestzw6ec2.jpg

catherbydonegh3dv7.jpg

culchestmapps6da7.jpg

potfieldmapdl5cy7.jpg

tunaslicedoneqf8ve0.jpg

[/hide]

You should also put some organisation in the guide so it is easier to read, like bold titles and sections. There is a guide about that stickied at the top of this forum

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

as for butter, collecting over time from the chest is the best method or you could hire someone to churn butter for you or churn your own. if you do, i suggest buying buckets of milk and/or cream from the chest. If hiring someone, trade those to the person making the butter. Cream is the faster of the 2. the Culimancers chest contains up to 50 buckets of milk and 50 cream. there are now make all options for churning.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

Hmm you know you can buy them at Warriors' Guild right? Good guide overall, but i think the exp isn't worth for the time it takes to make them

~Cent

CentriX_2.png

modashpatienceskilldm3.png

Dragon Drops : Axe, Shield Left Half

Dk drops : Axe, Zerker (X3)

Barrow drops : Torag Plate (X3), Ahrim Robeskirt, Dharok Legs

GWD drops : Sara Sword, Bandos Tassets, Zammy Spear

you can only buy cheese potatoes from warrior guild which heal 16.

making tuna potatoes is actually pretty easy and fast. It's a lot easier to collect the ingredients over time; keep a slot open for tuna, butter, and raw sweetcorn.

I'll check back on this after awhile. I'm pretty satisfied with the guide right now. If someone could crop the 1 remaining picture that needs cropping i'd appreciate it.

LOL. I remember an older guide on this same topic that got locked multiple times. Kinda funny how this one didnt

Click here for my Falador World 2 Bank/Park and Price Guide

Clicky click for Recipe for Disaster Weapons and Gloves Guide!

Proud owner of a Woodcutting Cape - Sunday, Febuary 11th, 2007

Proud owner of a Flecthing Cape - Sunday December 16th, 2007

LOL. I remember an older guide on this same topic that got locked multiple times. Kinda funny how this one didnt

The other guide was simply bad. Nobody's gonna lock a guide only because its subject is Tuna potatoes

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Good guide, but why would you want them actually? Even fishing sharks costs way less time and it heals only 2 less.

The effort is more, but the healing cost is way worth it.

10 Tuna pots will heal what 11 sharks would do.

1 extra open slot could mean alot.

Worth it for pkers, duelers and people fighting very high monsters.

85pbfja.jpg

Geaux Tigers ! Congrats on a great year !

y r the 2 knives for?1 knife would do rite?

He has two knives to keep an even ratio of 13 tuna to 13 bowls. With one knife, he would be withdrawing 14 tuna and 13 bowls, if that makes any sense. However, only one knife is required, although the other makes a good space-keeper.

lalalasig2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Making these is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier with the make all option.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

• 2 weeks later...
Good guide, but why would you want them actually? Even fishing sharks costs way less time and it heals only 2 less.

I timed this. I was making some 330 potatoes/h. NOTE: I bought the potatoes from a guy in f2p, asked him to pick them for me. they take a long time to pick, so I suggest looking for someone to sell them.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

• 2 weeks later...

ooh man this really urks me.. im [bleep] pissed now.. ur guide is fine (7/10), its just the fact that i made a guide about all potatoes, with lots of details on how to make each one, and it got locked twice in a row.......... :evil:

these forums mods...

TipitSiggy-1.jpg