the least updated skill

iceharwk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If not Hitpoints would be the least updated skill,has it ever been updated?

You stole my idea! There is absoltely no way ANYONE can say there is a skill less updated than Hitpoints. There's never BEEN a bloody hits update! You can't even do anything with it! (And yes, it IS a skill, it's on the list. =D)

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

You stole my idea! There is absoltely no way ANYONE can say there is a skill less updated than Hitpoints. There's never BEEN a bloody hits update! You can't even do anything with it! (And yes, it IS a skill, it's on the list. =D)

Actually, I think than once newcomers had 9 hp instead of 10. And besides, Hitpoints can' t be trained like smithing.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

That was only transferring RSC accounts to RS2, so it barely counts as an 'update' per se. And hits can be considered a skill - you do train it, after all. =D

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Actually, I think than once newcomers had 9 hp instead of 10. And besides, Hitpoints can' t be trained like smithing.

i got to agree with hp no updates what so ever in the 5 years i played runescape

the 9 to 10 hp is due to the exp points between RSC and RS2 the exp for level 9 on RSC is the same amount used for level 10 on RS2

Ahh ok, but really, what can you do with hp? It' s life, how can you train life? You can train abs or learn to smith, but you can' t prolong life.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

Asking for the least updated is completely irrelevant. If a skill was not updated for a long time, it doesn't automatically mean it needs updating, obviously!

The question we should be asking is; What skill needs updating?

2480+ total

The question we should be asking is; What skill needs updating?

Runecrafting, ranged, magic, mining, melee weapons and armour(just too strong if you ask me) to name a few things. Oh and max, true, but pc is just pathetic. I would train on the monsters, but I wouldn' t use the tickets. Whell maybe for the last few exp to get a nice 99 pic :P

I'm going to break the mining/fm trend here - woodcutting is extremely under updated - the last update worthwhile will have been D Axe. Also, mining has more variety (12 ored as opposed to 7 logs).

Hm, woodcutting really is underupdated. But what do they need now? A 2 man saw? Not really. I say mining and runecrafting has to be completed.

It definitely has to be mining. <.<

I don't care what you say about firemaking; how are we going to change it? 'Burn X'???? :evil: It's fine as it is, burning logs. Have you ever been to karamja fishing dock, f2p world? I used to charge a raw lobby per fire I made, a loooong time ago... lol. :P

newsigac5.png

I'd Say Woodcutting, D-axe Last Update?

arctic pines

mining actually seems complete, aside from the dragon pick, which we're not sure they even want to make

what about cooking?

i still say hits. there is nothing more they can possibly add to it, so it can't really be updated, making it the least updated.

smithers = hastas and spears recently,

mining... squat, nada, zip. (oh a new crappy animation c00l. [/sarcasm])

Firemaking.. zilch, nada, but it has a cool cape :wink:

in my opinion: crafting, thieving, or herblore.

none of those have gotten anything recently TBH.

what we need:

smithing: black bars/armor (membs only pls)

mining: black ores, dragon pick. (again, membs pls)

firemaking: Dragon... tinderbox? yes, it will give more exp per log 8-)

[/sarcasm on the tinerbox]

kingmerik999.png

Tis the great kingmerik!

Yup, it's mining. Major updates in mining(actually, ALL updates in mining... :roll: ):Change of emote, change of style for some rocks, change from just a pickaxe, to the different types of pickaxe, changed from 'Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. You mine a coal ore.' to 'Click. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. You mine a coal ore.'.

:o

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

smithers = hastas and spears recently,

mining... squat, nada, zip. (oh a new crappy animation c00l. [/sarcasm])

Firemaking.. zilch, nada, but it has a cool cape :wink:

in my opinion: crafting, thieving, or herblore.

none of those have gotten anything recently TBH.

what we need:

smithing: black bars/armor (membs only pls)

mining: black ores, dragon pick. (again, membs pls)

firemaking: Dragon... tinderbox? yes, it will give more exp per log 8-)

[/sarcasm on the tinerbox]

what more can be added to mining aside from a new pickaxe?

crafting had bracelets, thieving got the garden, and herblore had fish potions. firemaking is as complete a skill as mining is.

• 1 month later...

Adamant and mithril are not real rocks, they are stolen from Lord Of The Rings. Also, originally in LOTR, adamant is a gem, not an ore.(it's what one of the three lesser rings is made of)

I agree with your update to the mining guild, high level mining needs adn update.

ummm not realy adamnite and mithril were in other games b4 lotr such as every harvest moon game

Y_Z.png

Adamant and mithril are not real rocks, they are stolen from Lord Of The Rings. Also, originally in LOTR, adamant is a gem, not an ore.(it's what one of the three lesser rings is made of)

I agree with your update to the mining guild, high level mining needs adn update.

ummm not realy adamnite and mithril were in other games b4 lotr such as every harvest moon game

But Lord of the Rings was published in the 1950's. Well before ANY video games. But of coarse you cannot name a modern fantasy tale that does not owe a debt to LotR. After all, One Ring to rule them all.

And yes, mining gets almost zero updates. Firemaking gets a few, like the pyre logs and the ballons (you cant deny that was for firemaking) but for the most part I dont see any reason to update mining, expect maybe some new sites and renovations.

triforceelf.png

hmmmm

i would have to say that mining smithing and possibly fletching? are the least updated. correct me if im wrong

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I'd have to say smithing

With the name Master_Smither, I figured you would. :wink:

Although I'm curious, does the Blast Furnace even count as a smithing update?

Obviously it does. Comparing efficiency (how your moneymaking method can support a suitable exp/hr to achieve the goal in shortest possible time), blast furnace mith plates i personally rank it best after steel plates smithng from bars and bolts. The blast furnace mith plates goes up to 35k/hr with a small profit of few hundred gp per plate you alch. It's better than gold ores since those involve a loss for some 20k exp/hr more.

Test a skill-related update first before you judge its usefulness. :roll:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I would have to say that the least updated skill is mining. I definitely agree with those who say the guild needs a massive face lift and those who want a dragon pick axe.

Runecrafting gets very few updates so i would put it on the list as well. The ZMI altar was a nice addition, but I still want to be able to craft bloods and souls.

Woodcutting has had a few updates, but it still needs more. I personally use a dragon axe and I think it was a great addition. I have yet to use the lumberjack clothing so I have no opinion on it. I think what woodcutting really needs is a guild, I'm thinking McGrubbor's Woods would be a great place to put it. The place is only used in one part of one quest, hardly a good use of space. The woods seem like a perfect place to put the guild, there's a building that can be converted into a bank/entrance and the area is already fenced in. The only thing that it would need would be the addition of rare trees.

Magic has had many updates over the years, but there is one thing that magic lacks. That is a skill to make mage armor. If Jagex were to release a tailor type skill to make mage armor that could allow for so many new kinds of magic robes with different effects, degrees of protection and offense. I think the 30 damage cap needs to be removed as well.

I don't really think firemaking needs an update, I have always thought of it as a support skill that fulfilled its role already. If there is to be an update to firemaking it should be that ability to light arrows of different metals. It could start at level 10 for bronze and go up to 85 for rune (possibly level 90 for dragon).

These are my thoughts on skills that need updating.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.