This annoys me about my friend, I can't stand him sometimes

XxTearGodxX

I have this friend of mines he is a big time free loader and that's pretty much all he does is mooch off of people.

He used to own a PS2 but sold it supposedly to buy books for colege which is fine however he kept his memory card. He then comes to my house every day of the summer asking if he can chill upstairs and play PS2 I told him no of course and he says I'm a bad friend but I ignore it.

I then buy a DS Lite and play it for a bit and grow old of it so decide to sell it. He asks if he can buy it for $75 while I'm at the store about ready to trade it in I told him nah and some other guy who was looking to buy a DS that day bought mines for $110 and my friend was pissed at me for not selling it to him for $35 bucks cheaper.

He now wants to borrow my brothers DS and play that my brother is telling him no cause we know what kind of a person he is.

He has a job he makes a decent amount of money and from what he tells me his bils are he should have left over $50 a month. So why doesn't he buy one? He's a mooch.

xxteargodxx.png

He has serious attitude problems, I have no problems with sharing and helping out friends, but your friend doesn't sound like a "real" friend at all. He's just free riding whoever he can find.

How old is he? If he's under 20 tell him he can save up for his own stuff.. If he's over 20, tell him to grow up and be a man. Adults don't ask their friends "can I play PS2 at your house every day for 5 hours". He's not your friend, he's using you.

I wouldn't say you're a bad friend for saying 'no'. It's ok if he asked like "wanna play PS2 with me this week at your place", not if he wants to be alone and use stuff you paid for.

He doesn't sound like much of a mate to me.

Just tell it to him straight, tell him he needs to stop being such a freeloader and to buy it himself. If he calls you a "bad friend" for not letting him hang around your house all day he ain't the bad friend.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

If one of my friends just showed up and asked if they could play my xbox while I did my own thing I'd tell them to screw off. Theres something wrong if he thinks he just sit alone in some part of your house and play your ps2. Thats just not a friend.

You don't seem to be desperate for friends, so if he refuses to grow up, tell him to get lost. You're better of one friend less than catering to his every whim.

Or maybe he'll get the message after hearing enough "no's". Then, it's his call, and whether he wants to stop pulling legs is up to him.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Hmm, a lot of people are saying that you should just tell him that you don't like the way things are and that he should change or you won't be his friend anymore. That would work, but the less confrontational thing to do would be to act mean to him. Also, invite yourself over to his house and borrow random things, and don't return them. If he still asks to borrow things from you say no, and give him a lame excuse why not. Eventually he'll get the message and stop bothering you. If you are lucky he won't ask for his stuff that you borrowed back and you will get to keep it. :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

If I was selling something of that comparative worth, I'd take the extra $35 (well... ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20ish :P) over appeasing a cheapskate anyday. No contest.

He seems more annoyed at the fact he missed out on a noobish deal, which considering the 'noob' was you, is a horrid way to treat a mate.

Let him cool down. Don't take action against him, but just tell him 'No'. If he doesn't like it and goes off, don't follow him. He doesn't seem to be doing anything to deserve you trying to be his mate when he goes off on a strop.

What you need to do, is lock him up in your dungon for about 12 years, then get him on one of those shows that will scare the [cabbage] out of him, then when hes scared like that say "you freakin' mooch to much man."

He is a mooch, but on the selling DS thing, there is such a thing as mates rates. :P

Yes there is, but clearly not in a situation like this.

I have a friend who's very similar. He borrows money, and never ever pays it back.. He'll just not mention it and claim he completely forgot about it until you just mention it so much he finally pays you back.

Not only that, he'll never have enough money so you have to cover him, he always leaves his wallet at home or in the car so you have to pay for him, and once again he rarely pays it back..

It's a shame when good friends become cheapskates as they get older. THe main problem is he has a job and works 4 days a week, sometimes 5, and i'm at uni most of the time, working 2 days a week mostly.. Yet me and a few other mates are constantly covering him.

I would suggest you have to say something, you have to let him know or he'll just keep thinking he can get away with being a douche. It seriously damages friendships when people are like that, doesn't matter how well you know them, it's just a pathetic thing to do to a mate.

Rsn: snyper jr

haha, I used to be like that about 14 years ago. :P There was this kid that nobody liked, but he had a super nintendo, so I went to see him once or twice a week to play the darn thing. :P His mum hugged me because she thought I was such a 'good friend'. But when he didn't look I laughed at him. Damn, I was such an [wagon]. Only seven years old though, so I will be forgiven.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

No offence but I don't really understand any of this ''oh let him cool down then talk to him stuff''

Seriously people truly only get the message when your as blunt about it as he balantly is about using your stuff.

It's YOUR stuff, not his, if he can't be bothered to pay for his own things and share them with you like you did for him, then he really isn't a friend at all.

Friends don't get angry at you when you sell your DS because your getting a better deal, they say ok never mind, I'll go buy one somewhere else.

The guy needs to know what you think about what he's doing, if he doesn't apologize or correct his ways, then you know that you really shouldn't try to be nice to him.

v.jpg

I dont see how you can say that hes a "mooch" if hes your friend

He sold his PS2 to buy books, but you sold the whatever it was it dosent matter for $35 cheaper to a person youve never even met which is a good thing because hes got a descent job and from what he tells you he should have $50 left over every month .35/50*100 = 70% which is about 3 weeks of his left over money. he probably isnt pissed at you for not selling it cheaper, im betting its because u told him no but immediatly sold it to someone ele right infront of him.

unless theres another reason you dont want him to come over and play ur ps then id say ur being a pretty [cabbage]ty friend

Hmm, a lot of people are saying that you should just tell him that you don't like the way things are and that he should change or you won't be his friend anymore. That would work, but the less confrontational thing to do would be to act mean to him. Also, invite yourself over to his house and borrow random things, and don't return them. If he still asks to borrow things from you say no, and give him a lame excuse why not. Eventually he'll get the message and stop bothering you. If you are lucky he won't ask for his stuff that you borrowed back and you will get to keep it. :D

So you;re telling him to take the wussy, non-confrontational, easy kinda pathetic way out? Go you :roll: .

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

So you;re telling him to take the wussy, non-confrontational, easy kinda pathetic way out? Go you :roll: .

It's neither wussy nor pathetic. It is non-confrontational, which is the best part about it. If someone is being a jackass to you, be a jackass back.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg