The abortion debate

w1zard

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have seen a video put out by a company that performs abortion and i can personally say that is one of the most detestable things a person could do in their life. once the "fetus" is developed enough they take an instrument that usually looks like a pair of tongs and inserts it into the woman and grabs onto the closest part of the fetus. it most often tears off with this force as it is still a very fragile being, so the numerous limbs must be extracted one by one until it's all removed. those images are still in my head and i understand how a girl can do it.

i read a book recently at school entitled "My Darling, My Hamburger" and is an excellent portrayal of teenage life and especially the struggle of abortion. i would recommend it to anyone after a nice read (it only takes about 2-3 hours).

on another note about the legal issues of abortion, i have read and heard about cases in the instances of homicides and car wrecks where the defendant is charged with not only the murder of the mother but with that of her unborn child. if the baby is deemed to have a legal life based on this situation then it is unfair and biased to change it in the face of abortion. it must either go one way or the other; riding the middle road is very precarious and unrighteous from my point of view. just my two, err three cents......eric

Ending another life because they inconvenience you? Hell no.

Ending someones life because they might go through some difficulty? Without even consulting them? Hell no.

That feotus should have the freedom to grow up and not be killed before it gets its first taste of air. Killing something before they get the chance to experiance life? Thats disgusting, many people have lived with horrific illnesses. Inconvenience is the worst excuse ever, there is no justifying killing anything at all, no matter of age, deformity or incapication. It makes me sick how people can bring themselves to kill something without letting it have a say on the matter.

Thank you Usara, I was going to post pretty much that same thing in response to the ridiculous posts since my last...but you seem to have it pretty much covered. No one has any right whatsoever to decide that an unborn baby will never get the chance to live, just because they think the baby will lead a bad life or will cause them to lead a bad life.

No one has any right whatsoever to decide that an unborn baby will never get the chance to live, just because they think the baby will lead a bad life or will cause them to lead a bad life.

no one can tell the mother that they CAN'T have the baby. you can make any ethical viewpoint you want about it, but in the end, if a woman DOESN'T want that baby to be born for whatever reason, its THEIR decision, and it has to stay that way, too. infringing on that right undermines freedom, no matter how disgusting and inhumane you think that right is.

It makes me sick how people can bring themselves to kill something without letting it have a say on the matter

do you think a mass murderer deserves to have a say in whether or not he should get executed? Hell no.

many people have lived with horrific illnesses

doesnt mean that atleast some of them regret it

someone else brought this up also:

for every baby that was and will be aborted, there could be:

any type of politician, doctor, great inventor, miracle surgeon, what have you.

BUT

there could also be another:

rapist, drug dealer, or abusive person. Hell, there could be another Osama Bin-Ladin or Sadaam Hussien[/b]

ChocoboT.jpeg

Let's make babies!

abortion should stay legal, if someone doesn't want to give birth to a baby they shouldn't have to. you cannot prohibit a woman from aborting her pregnancy before the legal cut off time, any christian running around shouting "MURDERERS!!" need to think harder instead of letting some 2000 year old book decided things.

Im under the belief that unless your a woman, you cant talk, how can you speculate on what a woman can or can't do, when you yourself will never be in the position, and will never experience those certain feelings they feel?

just my stance on this topic.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I belive that it is the womans body and that it is her decision to made. I am not religeous so i belive that life begins at birth. The baby cannot survive without the mum until it is born. The umbilicle[sp] cord connects the two together as one.

I agree with abortion being used as a last measure, ie an unwanted baby or conception of rape but never as a 'get out free card' as contraception.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

hmm.. I think it's a womans decission. I think abortion is okay, but like people said, not because it was a mistake. When the baby is sick, or the woman got raped or something else, then it's okay imo..

And some guy said 'What if that baby is the new president, or someone who finds a cure for aids?' well.. I mean you can also look at it this way, what if that child becomes a criminal, murderer or a dictator? :shock:

Well I don't like Abortion.

Now Thats Murder.

But i don't like kids.

They mess up and die in accidents everyday.

So I'm against Abortion but siding for killing kids.

Well I don't like Abortion.

Now Thats Murder.

But i don't like kids.

They mess up and die in accidents everyday.

So I'm against Abortion but siding for killing kids.

Yes, accidents :wink:

17 year girl, lives on her own has a one night stand. She gets pregnant.

The baby get's born she can't take care of it, the baby will grow up, get's loose eventualy it is out of control comes in contact with drugs, roberies other criminal activities, not to mention what happens with the mothers life...(not at all cases ofcourse)

15 year old girl, gets raped, gets pregnant.

you think a girl of 15 years old want a child at that age? College, Carreer no father? I think her life is wasted.

I think you should forbid abbortion if you are older then 21( with certain exceptions ofcourse), you are then 'grown up' and should take responsebility(?) for your actions and you should be in the right financiel position to raise your baby. It is almost impossible to have such low money that you can't take care of yourself and your baby, or you must live in a third world country.

*edit*

no disrespect to the people in a third world country, but it is a kind of different story there, i hope you agree

other edit

there should also be a limmit, that you can't allways do it but you can do it till a certain week of beeing pregnant

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

ABORTION = MURDER

the baby is human, and seperate from mother

they sometimes have different blood types

they have different DNA

they can act, and react

People like u make me sick. The small thing that is aborted is not human. It's their own decission if they want to keep it or not, people like you shouting around it's a murder just makes the things worse and gives people than don't know it well moral pains. Just mind your own bussiness..

And most of the times it's better that they are aborted because the girl is either too young to be mother or has bad money situation or something else that would make the childs live not good.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

You're way too biased abortion should only be allowed in the case of rape or when it(the child) endangers the mothers life. thsi is also what Christianity says.

As for the unloved thing I'm sure you would rather be alive then dead? A child is living even in the womb so therefore he has the right to live.

Lagatag.png

Im against it. I was born when my parents were 20 and 21. With the current attitude towards abortion, there's a chance I wouldn't even be here..

Scary thought.

Vmser.png

You're way too biased abortion should only be allowed in the case of rape or when it(the child) endangers the mothers life. thsi is also what Christianity says.

As for the unloved thing I'm sure you would rather be alive then dead? A child is living even in the womb so therefore he has the right to live.

But notice the Christian God had no problem killing kids just in case they grow up bad, or gutting pregnant women? And you're going to use this cowardly hypocrite to defend pro-life?

I reckon abortion is OK as long as it's necessary, for example, if the mother's life could be in danger during childbirth.

It is pretty hard to define when a human becomes alive - but I'd say it's as soon as the sperm meets the egg. When that happens, there is enough genetic material to make a person. So any action after that happens would be abortion and not contraceptoin (which I have no problems with).

If, however, a woman has been raped or is very poor (for example), she could still put the baby up for adoption rather than choosing to abort it. The same goes if the child will be born with disabilities, although I would understand if parents choose to abort under those circumstances.

I believe abortion should be allowed in extreme circumstances - what those circumstances are can only be defined when they occur.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

But notice the Christian God had no problem killing kids just in case they grow up bad, or gutting pregnant women? And you're going to use this cowardly hypocrite to defend pro-life?

The story about the first born of Egypt...

you think a girl of 15 years old want a child at that age? College, Carreer no father? I think her life is wasted.

I think you should forbid abbortion if you are older then 21( with certain exceptions ofcourse), you are then 'grown up' and should take responsebility(?) for your actions and you should be in the right financiel position to raise your baby. It is almost impossible to have such low money that you can't take care of yourself and your baby, or you must live in a third world country.

I lean towards pro-choice, but it is definitely a difficult subject..... I would be opposed to setting age-limits, since rape can occur at any age.

As for your statement about the 15 year old girl..... I was 18 & my girlfriend 15 when we had our first son. With some help & a lot of hard work, we have done quite well for ourselves. My wife (8 years now) has a BA in psychology and I am an electrical engineering techonologist. We now have two boys (12 & 6) and a girl (1).

I am glad beyond words that we didn't opt out the easy way & abort our first son, but I maintain that it should be up to the mother, since it is the burden she has to bear for the rest of her life.

ronan_xvii.png

50combat1ui.gif

I lean towards pro-choice, but it is definitely a difficult subject..... I would be opposed to setting age-limits, since rape can occur at any age.

As for your statement about the 15 year old girl..... I was 18 & my girlfriend 15 when we had our first son. With some help & a lot of hard work, we have done quite well for ourselves. My wife (8 years now) has a BA in psychology and I am an electrical engineering techonologist. We now have two boys (12 & 6) and a girl (1).

I am glad beyond words that we didn't opt out the easy way & abort our first son, but I maintain that it should be up to the mother, since it is the burden she has to bear for the rest of her life.

18 and 15? Wow I think thats illegal in Australia...

Abortion should not be denied to anyone. People need to be responsible for their own actions, you don't want a baby don't get laided (this excludes rapes of course).

Every Child that is bought into this world should be WANTED. Somebody ALWAYS wants a kid but sometimes cannot conceive, heres a nice idea put the child up for adoption!

If we want to say we live in a "free society" then how can we stop abortion? How can someone be opposed to abortion and yet be all for freedom? you just can''t. We stop murder, theft, and assualt *gasp* were not in a free socity, and if you say murder is not acceptable it is the same as killing a baby in a womb

If we outlaw abortions, then we will find mothers trying to kill not only their babies, but themselves. Go take a leap then, if its harder to abort the baby perhaps these people wont go out and get knocked up?

Do not deny this. Oh dam I just did

A woman should not be forced to go through with carrying a baby if it would impact negatively on her own life or if the baby would have to suffer a poor quality of life all because of a few passages in an ancient fraudulent book of utter contradictory, absurd, cruel and downright rubbish that is the Bible. Who cares what the bible said, you get knocked up suffer the consiquences

The Bible is outdated and can no longer be applied to a modern society. The earth no longer is flat and doesn''t have four corners. Do not use the bible to justify your anti abortion crusade. Enough with the bible you tool, not all anti-abortionists are religious

Women should have the power to control their own destinies and the destiny of their unborn child. Yet again don't get knocked up

it is not our baby. So? If somebody commits an immoral action we should put forth other options instead, just because its not ours doesn't mean we shouldn't care.

It is not our place to step in and impose our morals and beliefs upon them. Yet you are attempting to push forwards abortion rights? Your pushing death onto beings that haven't even seen light but still live and you say we shouldn't push our beliefs forth?

about the raping, i said with certain exceptions ofcourse, raping is one of those exceptions, and the fact it was all good with your experience thats good but i don't think this will happen verry often..

21o4pav.jpg

about the raping, i said with certain exceptions ofcourse, raping is one of those exceptions, and the fact it was all good with your experience thats good but i don't think this will happen verry often..

Even if a woman is raped, she could still put the child up for adoption, rathe than abort it.

Killing something just because they where the result of a rape? In my eyes that is stooping to the level of the rapist.

It isnt the rapists baby, it's the rapees baby, the rapist only forced the coming of the baby. Dont want the kid to effect your life? thats what adoption is for. You think the rape is a truamatic thing? how about dying before you have lived?

Even if a woman is raped, she could still put the child up for adoption, rathe than abort it.

I wish it was that easy, the girl still has to bare it and live with the fact that there is someone with her blood wandering around this world.

21o4pav.jpg