Arrow Thieves

rocket_flare

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it takes you over a minute to kill a single monster, you aren't supposed to be training there in the first place.
So no one should kill black,red,steel,iron, bronze, dragons, black demons, kalphite guardians, ect?.

People just need to stop being MOD EDIT: Vulgar language removed.Q.V. Tip It Mod and show some courtesy.

I do it from time to time if the guys a jerk and usually I kill before my arrows show.

But usaully people respect your arrows and don't pick up.

It's wrong but it's aviable to all after the 2 min.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

If it takes you over a minute to kill a single monster, you aren't supposed to be training there in the first place.
So no one should kill black,red,steel,iron, bronze, dragons, black demons, kalphite guardians, ect?.

People just need to stop being MOD EDIT: Vulgar language removed.Q.V. Tip It Mod and show some courtesy.

u can easily kill those monsters with range if u train alot,

anyways, if the arrows appear they are ineed fair game.

if it bugs you so much get a crystal bow, or acumulator/attractor

megamansigho7.jpg

Okay I have two sides to this debate, 1 where I'm being the archer and 1 where I'm being the "Arrow Thief" as you call it..

Archer Side: I got the arrows myself and it's annoying and noobish to take them away just if they appear. They are owned by me and shouldn't be taken by anybody else.

"Arrow Thief" Side: If I see anything of value on the ground, I pick it up if I myself didn't drop it. Simple as that. Low level archers shouldn't be fighting Black Demons or anything like that because they know that they can't kill a Black Demon in less than a minute.

Fast993's Side: Although stealing arrows isn't right, if you see something on the ground belonging to anybody, it's yours to take and keep. The Archers are basically saying that if they get Pk'D in the wilderness, the items they dropped are still theirs while the "Arrow Thieves" are basically saying that if you get a kill in wild and see items in front of you..take them.

I would lean more to the "Arrow Thief" side because they aren't doing anything wrong. The Archers think the "Thieves" are doing something wrong because the "Thieves" steal their arrows. Well, FYI Archers, soon as some arrows of yours appear on the floor to other players, well..anybody can pick them up. They aren't yours to keep forever.

Also, Bravo to the person who made this thread, very interesting topic to choose. =D>

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

Once they're visible to everyone, they're fair game. I'd take them just to piss the ranger off.

lol holiday.

i reckon theres two sides. Its the rangers fault for not picking them up brfore but the rangers shouldn't have to pick them up during combat. they should be able to take there arrows back after combat and be on there way.

Just for the record i am a ranger and everyone that steals my arrows ( :evil: ) always gives them back to me =D> :thumbsup: \'

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

One: If your arrows are appearing on the ground for others to see, you are picking a monster way beyond your standard to defeat, or you are simply being lazy by leaving all your arrows on the floor. The latter behaviour is condemnable, unless you really want to increase the speed of your training and want to forgo the chance of being able to pick up your arrows.

Two: You should not be pouting and shouting at the other person once he/she picks up your arrows. Finders Keepers. Remember that.

Three: It is good courtesy to allow the person a chance to pick his arrows up from the floor, especially if they are steel arrows and up. If they are bronze or iron, be free to pick them up, but be ready to give them back to the other person if he/she asks for his/her arrows back POLITELY.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

Well if your arrows are appearing for others, you are fighting something too tough.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's your fault for not picking it up earlier. Also, if you're letting the others appear, the monster is obviously too difficult for you to battle.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

It's true that if arrows are on the floor they're fair game. Personally, I'll leave all arrows until the monster they're fighting is dead and they have a chance to retrieve their arrows. After that, if they're addy or over, I might take them. If the ranger still complains, I argue the case and return the arrows for the sake of good feeling.

To go pouncing on the arrows the moment they appear, to me, is the act of a petty opportunist. It's not that the guy's just died and left a ranger set and an archer ring; I would join the scramble myself in that case. But arrows are a little petty, huh?

I regularly train with rune arrows, and if you've ranged at all for any length of time, you know that occasionally you get a series of blue splats and you're thinking "Okay. I have the best range gear, range pots, rune arrows. Why do I bother?". Then you right-click that the spot where your arrows have landed and it says:

Take: Rune arrows

Take: Rune arrows

and you know that some of them are now visible. So someone comes and nabs them. Okay, a few arrows, so what?

I agree with the point that if your arrows become exposed, then you're fighting something that is either challenging to say the least, or otherwise too difficult an adversary for you. This is what you should expect.

But a message to you arrow-takers, be considerate?

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

an archer is going to be hiding behind something if they're in a spot where they can't reach their arrows, and you wouldn't want to leave an area of safety and appear in front of some angry dragon just to pick up some arrows, would you?

Cannon + C balls + Ranger Boots + Dark Bow + Dragon arrows are cheap?