Expectations?

Spenjoman

It seems like yesterday, RuneScape Classic was such a low rated game, but the game play was fantastic but the improvements Jagex has made, by implenting RuneScape 2 and keep adding new skills and new updates is just wonderful. When I first heard about RuneScape, I thought it would be like any other game and boring after a couple of weeks. It turned out that today, I have been playing RuneScape for 5 years. Over the past years I have acknowledged a lot of updates, including new skills as I mentioned before. A lot of us never saw these updates coming as the tray was full of skills, but Jagex decided to add life in RuneScape and implent new skills.

We did not expect a lot of things, such as the dragon boots or RuneScape 2. Jagex has been suprising us a lot, and it seems like everyone is happy about a lot of updates, but some are not happy at all. We actually have to thank ourselves by suggesting a lot of new things that could easily fit in RuneScape. Thanks to the players, RuneScape still exists and it will keep existing until the raid of recruitment is over. The thing is, Jagex gets a lot of help from their players and if they wouldn't of gotten suggestions, they would of been stuck with their ideas.

Discussion question; What do you as a player, expect from Jagex?

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me

Security Manager Expert

Jagex has done an great job indeed with keepin RuneScape a live , with also alot of ehlp from the player who play it.

I expect Jagex to continue improving Runescape with new skill,quest,armor etc. I just want them to ebt here so runescape wont become a mess with random bots every where (these days their growing in numbers) and people who scam and curse to violent etc.

Jagex has done and is still doing a great job.

They have all of my respect and loyalty, my only words against these guys:

Just do what youre doing now and u will do amazaing !

"Why should i fear Death!?""I know the guy !"

Love gives you courage, being loved gives you strength

hasero.png

I find it funny how naive you are.

We DID expect construction(carpentary)

we DID expect POH

we DID expect dragon boots

we DID expect rs2

Construction and poh have been speculated ever since the old "updates to come" news post bk in rsc

Dragon boots have been expected ever since slayer and the other boots arrived

Rs2 was expected ever since jagex anounced they were re-writing the entire game code about a year or so before it came out.

You can't say no expected new skills or dragon items when 90% of the future updates and suggestion forums on rsof are spammed with threads about them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The only thing that i really 'expect' from them is that that keep a safe as possible playing environment. that is.. they ensure their software is secure and doesn't compromise my computers security. Also that people can play without being descriminated/abused/solicited etc. I also expect some degree of customer support. i.e being able to contact them with queries and having promlems sorted without too much hassle.

Jagex themselves i think have done a great job with security, so long as you follow their security rules you're at no risk of being hacked etc. Their own client and website are secure and the only real risk comes from dodgy sites and accepting dodgy files.. Jagex i think do all they can about that. As for in-game abuse, it can be pretty rampant and isn't any real surprise given the sheer number of players and their average age. Jagex does have a fairly good system for dealing with it though, i myself have seen a few players i've reported banned. The internet is a place where sometimes you just have to expect that there's goig to be a lot of morons. The customer support side i've never had a problem with personaly.. any query i've sent in has been dealt with withing a week or so with a good answer, but i've heard of loads of problems with it.. particularly with recovering locked accounts. maybe thats something jagex needs to work on.

I don't expect anything at all from Jagex in terms of game updates. The game content at the moment keeps, and has kept, me playing for years. It gets annoying when you read the rants on RSOF if they don't have an update one week. I think when there's an update every single week people come to expect it but if you play any other MMORPG you'll see that we're amazingly lucky in terms of game updates.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

RS2 is a decent game, but it's WAY too childish. There's no danger in it, no challenges etc. All you have to do is click, click and click. Some forum member called it Clickfest 2, and I have too agree.

I would like to see the old wilderness PK-ing system return, the 3 hit rule.

Get rid of that wilderness thing if you enter (oh my god it's dangerous!), make the NPC's more challenging, and for example forbid praying on some mosters.

Also, improve costumer support & player feedback.

Now, I don't play RuneScape anymore because I don't have the idea I'm playing a game that has no challenges left, where you just need to "freak" to be good.

signature4s.jpg

we DID expect POH

we DID expect rs2

Construction and poh have been speculated ever since the old "updates to come" news post bk in rsc

Rs2 was expected ever since jagex anounced they were re-writing the entire game code about a year or so before it came out.

You can't say no expected new skills or dragon items when 90% of the future updates and suggestion forums on rsof are spammed with threads about them.

Kind of Explains everything here really.

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

As a player, all I really expect from Jagex is to keep the game enjoyable by keeping the amount of rule breaking to a minimum.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

RS2 is a decent game, but it's WAY too childish. There's no danger in it, no challenges etc. All you have to do is click, click and click.

I agree. When you die in Runescape, a hand should pop out of your computer screen, punch you in the face, steal your wallet, and everything in your house except your three most valuable items (house counts as one).

Pfft, kids and your tame video games today.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

we DID expect POH

we DID expect rs2

i find it funny how u think there are a total of 10 or so updates? :-s

yeah...click "archives, there's a ton of updates. I assume you knew that the quest "Death to the Dorgeshuun" was going to be released. yeah. I doubt anyone expected agility, or thieving, and slayer seemed like a surprise sort of to me. I assume that you also knew that reward from RFD was going to be access to armored gloves...

I saw NOTHING about that. So. Watch the flames.

Anyway, i also do like it how they will release an update thing in BTS, but you'll have little idea what it's about...then they release it and it all comes together.

He didn't say we expected every aspect of the updates, but loads of people did expect matching gloves, most updates involve something that is expected.

Not that they don't surprise us, even construction was still a surprise after all we didn't know what It would look like and how it would be done.

I guess even expected updates are a surprise.

we DID expect POH

we DID expect rs2

i find it funny how u think there are a total of 10 or so updates? :-s

yeah...click "archives, there's a ton of updates. I assume you knew that the quest "Death to the Dorgeshuun" was going to be released. yeah. I doubt anyone expected agility, or thieving, and slayer seemed like a surprise sort of to me. I assume that you also knew that reward from RFD was going to be access to armored gloves...

I saw NOTHING about that. So. Watch the flames.

Anyway, i also do like it how they will release an update thing in BTS, but you'll have little idea what it's about...then they release it and it all comes together.

I wasn't claiming ALL updates are expected.

Its just EVERY update he gave as an example was hardly unexpected

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think that as a paying member, I can expect certain things from JaGex.

I expect every update to be QUALITY and sensible...but I will never ask to substitute timing of an update for it's quality.

I also expect JaGex to continue to enforce any and all rules they make to the fullest extent. Especially macroing.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

RS2 is a decent game, but it's WAY too childish. There's no danger in it, no challenges etc. All you have to do is click, click and click. Some forum member called it Clickfest 2, and I have too agree.

Get rid of that wilderness thing if you enter (oh my god it's dangerous!), make the NPC's more challenging, and for example forbid praying on some mosters.

Now, I don't play RuneScape anymore because I don't have the idea I'm playing a game that has no challenges left, where you just need to "freak" to be good.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò

Rsc was very challenging to me, I lots that feeling in most of the skills in rs2.

Almost everything became easier...

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâò

Rsc was very challenging to me, I lots that feeling in most of the skills in rs2.

Almost everything became easier...

So what if RS2 is easier? its a game and i dont see why Runescape need more grinding,there is so much grinding already anyway...game are about having fun and i have way more fun in RS2 compared to RSC where i had to use the sleeping beg every 5 potion i mix :evil: or spam clicking that banker because 20 ppl was in bank and it was hard to talk to him.

Stephleref.png

we DID expect POH

we DID expect rs2

you expected everything but you couldnt guess the month or maybe even the year of each of those releases.

no one expected dragon boots to come out with gwd

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I hate Rpg's, I never liked em, never will, they bore me. My friend tells me about rs, i try it. I liked it, seeing updates every week, i became member, and i expect them to make new content every 1-3 weeks, so i wont get bored. many other rpg's that i tried bored me, so i never play them. But rs have new content weekly, and monthly if something goes wrong.

Mizzou is ballin'!

Illini are fallin'!

Kansas is dead.

thumb_mizzou-logo.jpg

I expect Jagex to keep runescape's economy stable and to add some more high leveled updates.

That's all mainly.

I realy don't care what jagex does it's their game.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012