What defines a true veteran?

Spenjoman

would not say someone who has played the game for 6 Years deserves more respect then any other player, we all know of the crap classic when through, cheating and so on.

RSC went to the downhill around the same time when Jagex started to build RS2 and then it just started to die slowly when it was released. If you haven't played it since at least from year 2003, you got no idea what the real RSC was. In my eyes RSC plays a pretty darn big role when we're talking about veterans.

-quest cape

I personally don't see how that has anything to do with being a veteran. There's just too many short and pointless quests which only show that you can read a walkthrough and got few hours of spare time to do something that really isn't a big deal.

QFT. RSC went downhill when Jagex joined Miniclip in 2003. Coincidentally, that was around the same time that Jagex became impersonal, and stopped frequently playing their own game. RSC from 2001-2002 was awesome. The community was mature, bots and scamming weren't a big issue, and the game still had the novelty to it.

I completely agree. In the early years those of us that played would see Jagex mods, and even Andrew playing the game every once in a while. Jagex would respond to players needs and not have automated responses to everything. RSC in the first 2 years were the highlight and most fun of my RS career. Even if it took almost a year to get to level 60.

Also, on another note about people with 99's being veterans or high combat. Since the addition of PC to the game there are many non-veteran/experienced player with very high combat skill. I'm only lvl 108 currently, but I have been playing since the beginning of the game. I get alot of my friends who are levels 115+ that ask me the most stupid questions about the game. Things like, where do I get charcoal? or where can I get a anti-dragonfire shield?

Rockname.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would not say someone who has played the game for 6 Years deserves more respect then any other player, we all know of the crap classic when through, cheating and so on.

RSC went to the downhill around the same time when Jagex started to build RS2 and then it just started to die slowly when it was released. If you haven't played it since at least from year 2003, you got no idea what the real RSC was. In my eyes RSC plays a pretty darn big role when we're talking about veterans.

-quest cape

I personally don't see how that has anything to do with being a veteran. There's just too many short and pointless quests which only show that you can read a walkthrough and got few hours of spare time to do something that really isn't a big deal.

QFT. RSC went downhill when Jagex joined Miniclip in 2003. Coincidentally, that was around the same time that Jagex became impersonal, and stopped frequently playing their own game. RSC from 2001-2002 was awesome. The community was mature, bots and scamming weren't a big issue, and the game still had the novelty to it.

I completely agree. In the early years those of us that played would see Jagex mods, and even Andrew playing the game every once in a while. Jagex would respond to players needs and not have automated responses to everything. RSC in the first 2 years were the highlight and most fun of my RS career. Even if it took almost a year to get to level 60.

Also, on another note about people with 99's being veterans or high combat. Since the addition of PC to the game there are many non-veteran/experienced player with very high combat skill. I'm only lvl 108 currently, but I have been playing since the beginning of the game. I get alot of my friends who are levels 115+ that ask me the most stupid questions about the game. Things like, where do I get charcoal? or where can I get a anti-dragonfire shield?

That's so true. It's irritating seeing level 115+ people who are completely ignorant of the game outside of Pest Control. I am guilty of using PC to gain a couple mil strength and attack experience, but at least 75% of my experience came without PC. My 86 slayer attests to that.

I remember back in RSC, when the best experience in the game was using an R2h to kill Guards at the Black Knight Fortress. I remember when to be able to hit above 20, you were considered a god. Then came the advent of members and the dragon battle axe, which raised the maximum hit to around 35 with 99 strength, cooking gauntlets, and a ruby amulet.

On a final note, I have proof that I am a veteran, in my bunny ears. I was currently "retired" when the scythes were dropped, so I missed those, though. Regardless, I have been through the ups and downs of RS since before Crackers were dropped.

td2sig.jpg

Bunny Ears!!!!

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

-quest cape

You can really tell when a true rsc players post, nicely put +1

:::Antony 7:::

someone who is good at the game, with moderately high stats, that have been playing for a long time.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I consider my character to be an old man of the game ( played since July 2001), not a veteran because my skills are low lol. I have seen the changes, been there for the rare drops, had all quests in f2p done before members came out, seen faces come and go. Man I do enjoy this game :thumbsup:

Tyrael.jpg

A vertran is someone who has played and stayed true to the game.

Someone who has suggested and helped others.

Also he has to have played a bit too :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

well i have been playing rs scince classic and i have never had a 99 and never had a rare for more then a month but i have seen it all, i was there when the [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]s came , the bunny ears and i just started playing a week after the party hat drop :x and btw i havent played on this file for the whole time i played rs but i dont think im a veteran

Keessig.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

click for teh bloggy.

ty to swaggeh for sig!

I used to play classic, but never really got into it like all my friends, thats why i don't have crazy money like they do from saving like 3 santas or such like that. I never really liked RS until RS2 was released, and still took me about a year to really get into playing.

So i don't consider myself a veteran or anything like that, plus ive made and abandoned like 3 accounts before settling on an account with tons of numbers :|

Now to me, a veteran is someone who has played the game loyally and hasn't quit really for long periods of time, and also does not break the rules, and is a good member of the runescape community.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

A true vet is someone who has seen most of jagex's progress. Who has stuck with runescape and knows everything about runescape. A vet also has a kind of attitude that makes them a vet, they are helpful, and usually buged by noobs a lot.

I have played runescape for a long time, but I do not consider myself a vet of RS. I do meet my requirements of a vet though. I have seen my friends come and go. Out of the people I met while f2p I am the only one that plays. I have seen all the quests that people consider 'hard' come out including DT and MEP2. I have seen attackable swarms, random events come and go. The earliest update I ever payed attention to was underground pass but I played before then.

To me a Runescape veteran is one who has gone through all or at least most of the "upheavals" in the game. I refer to major changes, such as the introduction of the wilderness, including magic in combat level, having more than 1 server, p2p, rs2, etc.

-quest cape

Quest cape - 68 combat classic. RSC has such a huge factor in veteran status.

A true veteran doesn't care about stuff like this, it's just new[bleep]s trying to collect facts and tales to insist that they are veterans.

I'm a veteran and I care about it...

Well. True veterans should be mature enought to not care about their veteranity. So i believe that you're a FAKE VETERAN! If not i feel bad for you.

A veteran is simpy someone who have played for a long time... RSC ma be a good marker for ths but dont make the misstake by comparing veteran players with good players.

but if we take that most thay played rsc was around 12-14 years old all those kids have grown up and matured alot since then and are so hopefully nicer people today than thay were back then.

im not saying that young players always are enoying brats but if you see someone standing in a corner yelling noob to everyone he sees he is probbaly under 15 97% of the time