World 70: The *official* ZMI crafting world

mario_sunny

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you really the one [garden tool] said that, cause i cant believe a single player made an unnoficial world for an activity that is used by almost all runcrafters that go to the ZMI altar.

Well I'm sure many other players thought of making an unofficial world(or perhaps they were too busy ZMI crafting!), but I was one of the first to start a thread about it.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Why do people want to fight the monsters in there?

This is copied from the thread on RSOF:

Fighters main job is to distract the monsters who lurk on the ZMI caves so they won't attack the crafters. Seems boring right? You're getting nothing in return for helping crafters? Actually you're wrong.

Drops from the monsters include:

-100gp nearly EVERY drop

-Addy longs

-Rune daggers

-Rune scimitars

-Alching runes as well as deaths, chaos, and bloods

-Cooked food(usually in 2-3)

On top of that these low defense monsters have very low hp for their level, making them very easy to kill. Bring along a dragon battle axe and a primary weapon to do the most damage.

The best armor setup would be d hide along with melee defense armor. This setup balances all three defenses; magic, range, and melee so you will have maxium protection.

Another strategy, suggested by Mr Beefy130, is to set up a cannon in a crowded NPC area since the area is multi combat. Cannons have the ability to hit multiple enemies at once; giving you great ranged exp as long as you keep a steady supply of cannonballs.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

World 70 is awesome for ZMIing and there are teles to lunar every 20 seconds. I hopt they make this into an official world so that there are more people here.

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

Mario, you deserve some sort of award for this. When we are seeing rc capes on every corner we're going to blame you though

XD

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

Great job Mario! This is great, I'll have to head down there! \' :thumbsup: =D>

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

Wow. How did you convince the players so well?

I hope that Jagex makes the world official and you are credited for it. Actually, now i think about it, if that happened, you would be the first player name to be mentioned on the news updates. How awesome would that be?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Iv used this world and its great for it.

Theres so m,any people running through the caves at once you rarely get attacked, some people have started making a clan chat for down there.

And iv seen many player mods using world 70.

Nice work Mario :wink:

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Mario, you deserve some sort of award for this. When we are seeing rc capes on every corner we're going to blame you though

XD

Never thought about it that way. :-k

There's been an update to the amount of cash given to runners per trade. It has gone from 2k to now 3.5k. This is mostly to bring in more runners(there seems to be a lack of them); and most crafters seemed to be willing to pay more per trade. Infact, I'm willing to spend 1M on getting some runecrafting experience down there, I'll have to give it a shot myself one day.

dangsig.png

thankyou for posting this i found the zammy warriors to be a great training spot and while waiting on repops(if u have to wait at all) u can always nab a few crafters and maybe get a few nats aswell.

over all i found this place very nice within my first ten kills of a zammy warr i got 2 rune dagger and an addy long about 12k when high alched.

also u dont even need food down there u could just get prayer boosting items and stay down there for a while im averging 8 prayer points a warr in full rune.

not to mention the crafters were very nice to me in general even had one give me 10k cause i took a ranger out b4 the ranger killed the guy( he was low hp with no prot prayer on O.o)(edit he was a lvl 3 skiller no wonder.)

overall i dont think youll have a prblm finding fighters.

--- its 6 a.m. so i prbly mispelled alot of that >.>

If you were to wear a saradomin symbol would that make the zamorakians aggressive? That might make this altar a very useful training spot.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

i was there for 2 hours roughly and i never got them to anti afk on me that i can recall but at the same time 9 times out of 10 they go after a passing by crafter rather than u.(rangers will shoot u last most cases.)

i got roughly25k exp an hour( not bad not great) at the same time i got 40+bloods 9 souls 12 nats 5 rune daggers(alched) 2 schimmys and about 10-20k in gold they droped.(thats the drops i can recall right now not all of em)

also i found the mages were harder to kill and droped less runes then the crafters so dont bother with mages.

i was there for 2 hours roughly and i never got them to anti afk on me that i can recall but at the same time 9 times out of 10 they go after a passing by crafter rather than u.

Did the Jagex anti-AFK timer time out?

That would explain why they went after other players.

Why should we make rcing easier....?

I'm pretty sure Jagex made the monsters to mess with rcs and add a BIT of hardness.

Abyss Ftw <3:

Why should we not make it easier? The ZMI altar was meant to be a place for fast runecrafting experience, why should we ignore it?

Alas, this is exactly the unintentional purpose of pest control.

Soon we'll be seeing "ZMI products"

fishing.gif

Why should we make rcing easier....?

I'm pretty sure Jagex made the monsters to mess with rcs and add a BIT of hardness.

Abyss Ftw <3:

Why should we not make it easier? The ZMI altar was meant to be a place for fast runecrafting experience, why should we ignore it?

Alas, this is exactly the unintentional purpose of pest control.

Soon we'll be seeing "ZMI products"

Is that any worse than 'abyss products'. Runecrafting without runners was a lot slower back then.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA