6 sixes in an over!

tintin113

Yes, it's happened! For the first time ever in a Twenty20 game (cricket :P ), 6 sixes were hit in an over! The sixes were hit off the unfortunate Stuart Broad to give Yuvraj Singh an incredible 50 off 12 balls.

The big hitter, was Yuvraj Singh who plays for India. The first man ever to hit 6 sixes in an over in first-class cricket was Sir Gary Sobers - West Indies.

Find out more:

Six Sixes

And discuss!

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuvraj got his revenge back & did one better! \'

Everytime I hear something about cricket I get even more confused.
Maybe we can try & sort the confusion out. :oops:

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Happened in the last ODI World Cup a few months back, which is even more impressive. I believe it was a South African batter with a Dutch bowler if my memory serves me well.

TBH, I'm not really too bothered about the Twenty20 stuff. It's all too random. At least ODI's require some slight element of strategy.

Happened in the last ODI World Cup a few months back, which is even more impressive. I believe it was a South African batter with a Dutch bowler if my memory serves me well.

TBH, I'm not really too bothered about the Twenty20 stuff. It's all too random. At least ODI's require some slight element of strategy.

:shock: Twenty20 is awesome! Fast paced, high scoring, it requires skill speed and energy. More fun to watch and play in my opinion.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Yep, but I think it provides good enough entertainment. For example the India vs Eng match:- 40 overs with over 400runs being scored for a 2-3hrs match & the tournament doesn't take too long to complete. It takes like 2 weeks for it get over.

But yeah, at the end of the day it depends what kind of version you prefer.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

It was only a matter of time before a 36-run over happening in Tewnty20.

Props for the work though, getting smacked for multiple sixes in an over is usually bad enough for a bowler, but 6 is just shattering :boohoo:

I had no idea what you were talking about 'til I saw that article. :wall:

Stupid Americans :P

I didn't even know what cricket was until this thread was posted(ok, I'm exagerating :P)

Thats pretty cool....the equivalent of the home run record for baseball being broke...I think

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

How must the bowler feel? That must suck.

He's English, he'll be used to the disappointment by now.

Are you mocking the English? <.< Go you!

Yuvraj Singh....He's a newbie. But anybody who can hit six 6's is alright in my book.

If I was him, I would say this to the Umpire and bowler: HOWZ ZAT!!?!?

To fellow Americans, hitting six sixes is possibly as hard as hitting the 756th homerun, except without the asterisk for steroid use.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I enjoy twenty/20 cricket more so then ODI's. Twenty/20's are awesome fun to actually go watch, since it's so short (usually around three hours give or take?) everyone hits up the Tui's in the plastic bottles and gets as drunk as possible, haha.

I remember then one I went to, Chris Cairns last game, there was four streakers, haha, one was a girl too, she got knocked the ...... out by the security gaurd, got a mean tackle on her!

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg