Monster Aggressiveness.

FooK-A-Ji

This was put in to prevent AFK trainning, ...

Exactly so.

Macroers can move around and reset the non-aggressive timer.

So for that reason, (and others), Jagex started the random event thing.

But they still kept the non-aggressive timer.

Jagex really wants you at the keyboard when you play.

Otherwise, AFKers and macroers would "take over" RS.

That would put the real-person-at-the-keyboard player at a huge

disadvantage when trying to level up skills and play the game as intended.

And satisfying real paying customers is what keeps Jagex in business...

So by afk you mean literally you are not at the computer. Surely browsing forums and not paying full attention to your character is not considered against rule though correct?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

So by afk you mean literally you are not at the computer. Surely browsing forums and not paying full attention to your character is not considered against rule though correct?

The term 'AFK' Literally means "Away From Keyboard"

If you are browsing forums/not looking at the screen, or only can see 1/2 the screen, you are simply busy, and not AFK.

AFK training is when you basically go into an area where you wont auto-log, and walk away from your computer.

dawnsigblue-3.png

-Everything in Wilderness is agressive no matter what your level is, except Rogues

-Everything that is aggressive outside of wilderness will stop being so once you become higher than twice their level, there are a few exceptions I think, but I don't know what they are.

-Everything that is aggressive stops being so after hanging in the same spot for a while, again there may be exceptions but I don't know them.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Youve been around since rsc... how did you not know this? Im pretty sure its to stop afking to a point, since it is against the rules.

bad habit of not reading updates, and i'm pretty sure i was gone from rs when the update was posted officially.

and yeah, i've never really afk trained ever, i'm against it, so it didnt cross my mind, that it was a restriction.. lord knows we have many already! :?

So by afk you mean literally you are not at the computer?

Right.

The key idea is that if a Jagex mod showed up then you could

respond correctly to any thing that they might say or do.

A true AFKer or macroer would not be able to that.

Hope this helps

For most monsters that's true but for Dag's (lvl 79 or something) They are constantly attacking.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

When i was f2p i trained at lessers, whilst they do stop attacking its very fast to reset them.

If you dont know already fook you can just leave the area (walk till you get a load lag or attacked by another monster) then come back and they will be hostile again for another 15 minutes.

When i was f2p i trained at lessers, whilst they do stop attacking its very fast to reset them.

If you dont know already fook you can just leave the area (walk till you get a load lag or attacked by another monster) then come back and they will be hostile again for another 15 minutes.

hehe thanks for tip, mate :P

But like I mentioned, I'm not an afk trainer. Was just wondering why the monsters were acting like they do .. i think it sucks

for all i care we dont need random events, shifting screen, fatigue and what-not. all that is to prevent dishonest gaming. and no matter what, I've always played an honest game .. so really, all these things are just nuisances to players like me, who know how to play an honest game without being babysitted.

hehe thanks for tip, mate :P

But like I mentioned, I'm not an afk trainer. Was just wondering why the monsters were acting like they do .. i think it sucks

for all i care we dont need random events, shifting screen, fatigue and what-not. all that is to prevent dishonest gaming. and no matter what, I've always played an honest game .. so really, all these things are just nuisances to players like me, who know how to play an honest game without being babysitted.

Jagex keeps making the same mistakes blizzard did and punishing the innocent for the crimes of the guilty, every time a new random is added the autoers have cided arround it within 2 days, we are stuck having to put up with it forever.

Jagex keeps making the same mistakes blizzard did and punishing the innocent for the crimes of the guilty, every time a new random is added the autoers have cided arround it within 2 days, we are stuck having to put up with it forever.

Jagex really needs to find a different way of handling these problems that won't hurt innocent players. <.<

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I had heard of this sometime, but dont remember where, i htink its good, supose you are killing mans in rlf, they will start attacking you, but when they realise oyu have a bazooka and it will be imposible to kill you they will stop.

I know, creepy example :lol: .

I'd say in the beginning they think they are stronger than you little human and if you kill them a few times they get the knowledge that you're stronger and they can't beat you, so they are to afraid to attack you.

and all creatures walking around in wildernis have gone crazy, same as humankind creeping around there :o

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd say in the beginning they think they are stronger than you little human and if you kill them a few times they get the knowledge that you're stronger and they can't beat you, so they are to afraid to attack you.

and all creatures walking around in wildernis have gone crazy, same as humankind creeping around there :o

true, though the little spider on ape atoll attacks you for a while and then stops after a while.