well, my MCAT scores are in...

trapical

\'

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up, I have been lamenting the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test) for about a year now. It was not a fun test, and I had been studing 5 hours a day, 6 days a week from mid May to the end of August. Well, the scores are now in, and I got a 31. The test is out of 45, but alas, a 31 is actually quite good (average is a 26, average of accepted applicants is a 30.5).

Anyway, in return for my good fortunes I will keep my word that I gave to you all in my thread "10 days ten threads: Malaria" Yes, I will sell my long prized Blue Party Hat and then give all the proceeds away in RS for free. I will give ~1000 people on this forum 500k, I will only ask that the recipients promise to make a donation to a charity sometime in the near future.

This is not going on right now so don't pm me asking for money

Now, my question to you guys. When should I do this? ASAP? Christmas break since its the season of giving? The coming up summer so the hat will be worth more and more people can then be involved? Also, I don't play that much RS anymore, is 500k a good amount of cash per person or should I give 1 mil to half as many people?

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

GGGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nuff said

edit :: 500k is alot for some people, not alot for others. I would suggest christmas as you can get it all sorted out to who your giving the money too etc and it ties in with the merry season.

Anyway, congratulations again you did really well.

Mark.

213360.png

Totally down to you mate, it's your brainchild. Maybe over Xmas, with the season and giving and all that.

Great stuff about your results, it must be extremely satisfying to know you've done yourself proud over those months of preparation. Couldn't have happened to many more deserving people, good on ya pal ^_^

Totally down to you mate, it's your brainchild. Maybe over Xmas, with the season and giving and all that.

Great stuff about your results, it must be extremely satisfying to know you've done yourself proud over those months of preparation. Couldn't have happened to many more deserving people, good on ya pal ^_^

Have you danced in the thong yet? I forgot which thread had the discussion on it. :lol:

213360.png

Wow! I never knew anybody who passed the MCAT. And I do know some people who have taken it. Congratulations!

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Congrats! I hope I do as well on my UKCAT exam. It doesn't actually test medical knowledge, it tests clinical potential, but I think I'll do OK.

Well done! And I'd give it over Xmas. Actually, what am I saying? I wouldn't give out at all, but if I were you, I'd give it out over Xmas. :P

I was thinking about you and the test not too long ago. Good job.

As for giving away 'RS gold,' I would wait until Christmas to do it. I think most players would appreciate receiving any amount that you give them, so it doesn't really matter what price your party hat is when you sell it.

Good luck in life. I'm thinking about getting a psychology degree and specializing in a gender-related area. I would enjoy working in a gender clinic or counseling other transgenders (especially transsexuals) considering that I am one. They would be able to relate with me.

Do you know anything about what degrees I need to obtain, etc. for the career that I want? I'm 15 and I'm very sure that's what I want to do.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Congrats Trapical. It must be unbelievably relieving to have gotten past that giant hurdle. Thinking about the MCAT just terrifies me.

As for your donation idea, I'd just be careful making sure people verify ahead of time that they do intend on making donations. It's great to assume the best out of people, but if you make it too easy to just sign up for free gp if you eventually donate money some time in the future to a charity, I'd just assume the worst out of people. Maybe just have people pm you saying beforehand their plans and link to their charity they'll donate to.

"Are you going to give it to friends or high post count people?"

Who do you take me for? :wink: I will split my donations, half to totally random people I see in RS, and half to tip.it since I feel like I owe the site something after six years.

The first 250 million gp (wow that sounds like a lot) would be given to the readers of the tip.it general. I think I might ask a crew member if I can get a link to from the front page of tip.it.

Not sure exactly how I will do it then, maybe require people to a post on a thread with their RS name and idea on who they are donation to. Maybe I'll make a deal that I will give you three quarters of a million if you pm me with a screen shot of a receipt that you just donated, not sure if thats legal in terns of RS though. I'll have to ask a RS mod beforehand.

While I'm waiting around in RS for people on tip.it to find me and get their 500k, I will be walking around f2p. I will try to strike up a conversation with random people and if they talk to me, and seem friendly I will bring up if they plan to donate in the future. If I hear a yes or "probably" I'll give them the 500k and encourage them to do so.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Great job, it sounds like a really hard tests...

What I'd do, instead of giving 500k to 1000 people, go to f2p around Christmastime, dress up like santa (PM me for the things you need, I do it often), and give 10k to 50k people.

Okay, maybe 50,000 is a lot of people, but you could give 100k to 5,000 people.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!