Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

Yikes, the grunts wake up after you assassinate the Elite on the bridge now on Nightfall.

You gotta kill them fast enough and get the forklift down quickly in order to complete it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Yikes, the grunts wake up after you assassinate the Elite on the bridge now on Nightfall.

You gotta kill them fast enough and get the forklift down quickly in order to complete it.

just beat him down without an assassination, that's what i do in the beginning to the grunts don't go nuts

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

Terrible matches last night. Literally every game I joined had at least one retard making the game unplayable. It ended with someone standing right in front of my face because I had the sniper and he was throwing grenades at me or anyone else he saw holding a power weapon. So I accidentally betrayed and he gets to kick me right away.

And then it hit me... I have to pay for this? I wish getting an actual match of Halo wasn't a [bleep]ing miracle. I'm not asking for giveaways - just matches where I'm not the only human being on my team. :wall:

Terrible matches last night. Literally every game I joined had at least one retard making the game unplayable. It ended with someone standing right in front of my face because I had the sniper and he was throwing grenades at me or anyone else he saw holding a power weapon. So I accidentally betrayed and he gets to kick me right away.

And then it hit me... I have to pay for this? I wish getting an actual match of Halo wasn't a [bleep]ing miracle. I'm not asking for giveaways - just matches where I'm not the only human being on my team. :wall:

Play with friends or people from tif. It's a hell of a lot funner when you know your team isn't derping about in the background.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

just beat him down without an assassination, that's what i do in the beginning to the grunts don't go nuts

I'm not talking about the elite at the very beginning of the level. It's later in the level when you first see the pylon. But next time I'll try just a beat down and see if the grunts wake up.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

The only one that triggers that for me is the side stepping one. All the rest are fine. You can still do the forklift glitch without being noticed...I did it with 3 people. :shades:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Oh, I think I understand now. So basically you have to complete 60 waves in one Firefight game? That sounds extremely... Challenging.

It's only possible in custom games. So you can alter the settings in any way you want.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Sorry Aeon and Over. I usually just watch some gameplays before classes to kill time. :P

*Sniffs* I forgive you. :shades:

-Random Youtuber

Are the maps worth buying do you guys think? One this I've found with the Reach maps is the focus on multiple levels. Maps such as sword base/most forged maps just piss me off so bad. Campers everywhere, especially sword base. And every map has to have different levels. Why not just make it flat, like Hemorrhage (ok it's a remake) or in Halo 3, The Pit. Oh and I can't even start on how much I despise The Spire.....

So do you guys think the map packs have better maps to play on?

Staurolite.png

I don't have the new map packs, sadly. I think they'd overwhelm me, though.

I really have to work on getting more kills per game. I'm at an average of 12, which is pretty shitty. But I'm not sure how to get more kills without being too cocky and getting my shit rocked.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I get 16.61 kills per game in competitive.

Also, I too dislike maps that have too much verticality. Seeing as jetpacking is hardly an option with bumper jumper and the fact that the Y-axis sensitivity can't be adjusted. On the other hand a map like Hemorrhage with hardly any height differences makes for a bad map. Valhalla did it a lot better by creating a bigger difference in elevation and thereby creating more cover and thus better movement around the map. So yeah, I dislike Sword Base and Spire, but I also heavily dislike Hemorrhage. Something like Zealot, Countdown and Powerhouse is about right. There's enough elevation, but not too much to make it too overwhelming.

On the subject of the DLC map: They are decent, but I get to play them mostly in playlists that don't fit them. I've played 4v4 objective on Condemned and Tempest even though these maps are way too big for such small numbers. 6v6 should be the minimum for Tempest and anything less than 8v8 on Condemned hardly works either. Your best bet is playing the maps in the DLC playlist where it's 6v6 which suits most of the maps. Breakpoint is pretty fun except for the abundance of power weapons (I think there are more of them than actual players. About 17 or 18 if I remember correctly). Highlands is also decent, but the campable bases ruin it for me. Slayer games kind of fix this problem, but in objective games people just camp in their base like there's no tomorrow. Anchor 9 would've been very good if it wasn't for the awful space area. I really hope they drop those kind of gimmicks in Halo 4.

The DLC maps are mostly for BTB (or 6v6) and have a fair amount of height differences, but not nearly as much as Spire or Sword Base do, so you shouldn't have to worry about that. I personally think they're worth buying as most of them are better than what Bungie has offered us on release.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

They were on sale a few weeks ago. Now they're just 800 each. I won my Defiant map pack code via Twitter, though. :) I also won another during a contest and I gave the code to a friend of mine.

Unless they put them back up last week, you can get them for 400 each.

The awkward moment when a game of Hot Potato on Asylum, you get 27 out of your 40 kills with a sword. :shades:

-Random Youtuber

Dang. o.O

So, does the challenge look like it'll take a while? I see you played a few custom games of firefight.

EDIT: If anyone wants to do the weekly challenge, hit me up, cause I have no person to do it with at this point.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |