Halo Discussion thread

foxbat9

I've always wondered how people do gruntpocalypse etc. so quickly...

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Captain now.

:thumbup:

I'd be captain now, but the damn internet is between providers and I'm on a modem dammit. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

So I actually tried this a few days ago. Roomate got it in from Gamefly.

Played 2 missions of Co-op with him and than a little bit of multiplayer. Game is still the same boring game I disliked back when Halo 2 came out. Lol. I thought they'd change some stuff but I guess if the formula ain't broke... well, you know.

ps: we were playing the campaign on legendary if it matters.

What do you find boring about it? Just wondering.

It's hard to put into words. I really think it's just the halo feel that I find really boring. I'm not a fan of how the gunplay and shooting feels and since I've not played through any of the halo game's single player fully I had zero attachment to what was going on in the story.

What do you find boring about it? Just wondering.

It's hard to put into words. I really think it's just the halo feel that I find really boring. I'm not a fan of how the gunplay and shooting feels and since I've not played through any of the halo game's single player fully I had zero attachment to what was going on in the story.

Fair enough. I agree the characters weren't as well developed as they should have been. Hard to attach a dramatic and heroic death to a character we've barely seen.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

One of the reason I love Halo is because the gameplay is so different from other shooters. Fighting all kinds of different enemies at the same time is so much more fun than killing humans (i.e. Battlefield, MoH, CoD etc.).

The story has never really been the best part of the Halo games. There's so much potential but Bungie can never live up to it. The books do a better job in that regard.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

One of the reason I love Halo is because the gameplay is so different from other shooters. Fighting all kinds of different enemies at the same time is so much more fun than killing humans (i.e. Battlefield, MoH, CoD etc.).

The story has never really been the best part of the Halo games. There's so much potential but Bungie can never live up to it. The books do a better job in that regard.

I compare Halo to the likes of Unreal Tournament, Quake 3/live, Half life and such. I don't really find the enemy design terribly interesting in Halo and like I said the gunplay just feels... off to me. Like there is no real "feedback" to it if you know what I mean.

Oh. My. God.

Juggernaught is the funnest game ever. :twss:

-Random Youtuber

Meh Halo Reach's story was lacking the only real thing that was really changed in perspective was Cortana everything else in the story was obviously going to happen.

The data pads made up for it though.

Halo O.D.S.T. Had some great storytelling it really reinvented what really happened in New Mombasa and gave a huge plot twist that somehow effected Halo 2 and 3 which also had origins from Halo Combat Evolved

a huge plot twist

Did I miss something?

I compare Halo to the likes of Unreal Tournament, Quake 3/live, Half life and such. I don't really find the enemy design terribly interesting in Halo and like I said the gunplay just feels... off to me. Like there is no real "feedback" to it if you know what I mean.

I think I know what you mean, but I really don't have that with Halo. I've had that with other games (mostly mediocre FPS's). The feeling that the weapons don't have enough kick or something. Can't really describe it either.

I don't really agree with you on the enemies. I love the variety that the enemies in Halo have. Elites, Grunts, Jackals, Hunters. They all require a different approach. Even in Half-life you fight humanoid enemies most of the time who often die by just putting some shots in their head. In Halo you've got Elites who require you to disable their shields first (preferably with a plasma pistol overcharge) and then a quick headshot to finish it off. Grunts are easy to kill with a simple headshot but very annoying because of their numbers. Jackals require you to shoot in the tiny hole in their shield before you can actually hit their body. Hunters can only be killed by shooting them in the orange part of their body.

Add this to the fact that you have to fight them at the same time and you get great firefights.

a huge plot twist

Did I miss something?

I think he may be talking about [hide]the engineer.

Could be wrong though. Since I mean, When could Johnson come back to interrogate it if he was on Delta Halo? Granted it could have been before he woke the chief up... but how did he even get back to earth...? I'm so confused <_< I think I'm missing something.[/hide]

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

a huge plot twist

Did I miss something?

I think he may be talking about [hide]the engineer.

Could be wrong though. Since I mean, When could Johnson come back to interrogate it if he was on Delta Halo? Granted it could have been before he woke the chief up... but how did he even get back to earth...? I'm so confused <_< I think I'm missing something.[/hide]

[hide]

You don't even get to hear what use the Engineer is exactly. Just that it'll 'help humanity a lot' or something like that. Reach has pretty much the same problem. You reunite a part of Cortana with valuable Forerunner information with the rest of Cortana. The problem is, you never actually know what use that part of Cortana had. Nothing specific at least. It just makes the stuff you did seem kind of pointless. [/hide]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't N6 recover the entire Cortana AI? They didn't refer to it as a piece or anything.

And what's "The Engineer?"

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't N6 recover the entire Cortana AI? They didn't refer to it as a piece or anything.

And what's "The Engineer?"

Go beat ODST on legendary :razz:

And I think (if I remember correctly), the Cortana AI N6 took was only a copy of the real Cortana. She was split into two parts, one to go with Chief, and the other to... well I'm not sure. All of that was from the diary that came with the Limited Edition. Let me see if I can go find it...

Found it!

[hide]

August 3, 2552.

Cortana and I have discussed this at length, and she concurs it is the only logical procedure.

SPARTAN-117 and his team require her expertise for their mission, which I believe will be our last real opportunity at finding an end to the war. She will be invaluable to them in their mission to penetrate Covenant territory and deliver a decapitating blow to their hierarchy.

Cortana, however, is also the best-suited AI on Reach to analyze the symbols and operating systems in Professor Sorvad's site.

The Solomonic solution that we arrived at independently is to divide her.

I'll copy most of the IEP translation routines to an independent module. Meanwhile, the incarnate Cortana will continue with John and Blue Team.

Both operations are critical to the war effort.

If Laszlo made a breakthrough, that data would aid Blue Team in enemy space. The severed data-mining portion of Cortana can then be reunited and she can update herself before Blue Team departs.

I'm not without doubts. So much can go wrong with any part of either mission.

Cortana is unyielding' in some ways, more dedicated and courageous than I.

August 5, 2552.

Module successfully copied. All tests indicate separated routine functions within normal parameters.

[Cortana will have to leave as soon as she is ready. I hope the autumn is refitted in time.][/hide]

So all in all, one part of Cortana was sent to Chief to help with his mission to capture a Covenant ship, and eventually kidnap a Hierarch to force a peace treaty, and another to decipher the relics Halsey found on Reach. But since the Covenant attacked reach just days before Blue Team was to be sent out, they had to scrap that plan.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Never really found the Fishbowls too pleasing.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

...Until you got Emile's EVA helmet. :twss:

-Random Youtuber

I just got a portable version of Halo CE. It's only the multiplayer, and installs in about 3 seconds off of a flash drive. In our C++ class (it's highschool and waay to easy) we're setting up daily LAN games with half the kids playing. Good times :thumbup:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Hrmph. Apparently I'm a fair talent, for my league, at Free-For-All Slayer Pro. 25 kills, big kill streak, 1st place. :thumbsup:

'Course, not nearly as good at this as I am at BFBC2. Halo seems more "for fun" anyways.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Haha. I love those times in a banshee when some guy EMPs you and you land on him.

-Random Youtuber

made a forge map called "Killhouse by Empire", all indoors. check it out! tags are : cqb, r3clan, killhouse, swat

i think reach is fun, better than H3, but the DMR sucks! thought it was going to be another FAL...prefer needle rifle

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~