Which deserves more leveling credit? F2P or P2P?

Dragon_lord

Please do not start a F2P vs P2P flame war.

Here's one for you: Should you get more credit for leveling in F2P or in P2P?

We keep hearing how easier it is to level in P2P, but F2P has fewer levels to train.

So which do you believe it is?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple enough; Less ways to level, slower exp rates, combine with weaker method - F2P is clearly slower and therefore harder - ESPECIALLY in regards to combat.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Well, a wise person once said that time equals money... its easier to level smithing when you can buy all the ores right? And its easier to level cooking when you can buy the ingriedence right? And when you stop and look, f2p is generally poorer then p2p... p2p easily wins this debate, and members have more guilds, more training areas, more monsters, more xp locations (such as more trees for wc in certain areas or PC) and the list goes on and on...

insane-1.png

Here's one for you: Should you get more credit for leveling in F2P or in P2P?

We keep hearing how easier it is to level in P2P, but F2P has fewer levels to train.

So which do you believe it is?

While the title does ask which is harder to level, what he asks here is which deserves more credit. And while yes it is easier on members because of more options, that doesn't answer which gets more credit.

PS: I recommend you change your title. I think people are missing the point.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I'm F2P, and I think that doing things the harder way, even though it's stupider as well, deserves more credit.

Getting to the ultimate goal of a combat level of 126 as a pure nonmember deserves more than a PC Product member, don't you think?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

I'm F2P, and I think that doing things the harder way, even though it's stupider as well, deserves more credit.

Getting to the ultimate goal of a combat level of 126 as a pure nonmember deserves more than a PC Product member, don't you think?

I fail to see how it is stupid. Some people appreciate the challenge of it being "harder".

Totally agree about the getting lv126 a F2P deserving more credit than the same as P2P. Reason being it takes much more time and determination.

PS 1,000th post. \'

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

F2P Definatly is harder to level up in.

Although there are less skills to train, which means your time is less spread out over skills, there are also less ways to train those skills.

And to locutus who said = "..deserves more than a pc product member..."

Not all members max combat by using pest control. Although i do agree that a maxed combat f2p does deserve more respect than a maxed member, pest control product or otherwise.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

PS 1,000th post. \'
Congratulations! :D

It is clear that F2P is harder to level in, but a level is a level no matter where achieved.

Dunno, 99 prayer trough big bones vs 99 prayer trough dragon bones and best altar.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

f2p by far because in members u can do more quests that give u xp on things. Also pest control gives u pts that can give u more xp. Plus in members u can get weps that hit higher along with prayer and pots.

98% of the Tip.it Community has a signature. If you are one of the 2% that doesn't, put this in your... aww crap.....

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

F2p for sure!

We have PC and tons of other things to give us free XP they barely have anything :|

Also ever tried to RC in f2p without runners

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You need to be more specific. Each skill is different and most skills are harder to get in F2P with the exception of fishing and woodcutting since the most efficient methods can be done in both p2p and f2p. (this is fishing salmon/trout for fishing and cutting willows for woodcutting). The only difference is that F2P don't get much choice.

For smithing and firemaking, there is one method (in each of the two skills) that can be done in p2p or f2p. (steel bars made into platebodies, or burning maple/yew logs) However I do not think this counts, since these method both are expensive and p2p have way more options for getting cash. This implies that F2P will take longer to level up both those skills because they will take longer to get the cash and therefore they are harder to do in F2P. (*Note*: this also supports my explanation of why the time taken to get materials is included in time taken to get the levels in a "buyable" skill.)

For all the other skills however, p2ps have a more efficient system available to them.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I would say F2P, as they have fewer way of training their skills. Members have everything F2P has plus a lot extra, so I would say F2P would get a lot more credit for getting a 99 then say someone on P2P.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Lol, titled changed?

F2ps deserve more credit:

- They gotta endure the horrible f2p community

- They gotta lvl using the most long and boring methods

2480+ total

Haha, the first thing on my mind was Runecrafting :XD: . But really, if you try to craft about 5k essence, you will be called a macro atleast 5 times.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Lol, titled changed?

First one is soooo true, the second one, not always.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

well, a lot of quick 'power'levelling strategies exist in both f2p and members...

-most p2pers are going to use willows for exp

fly fishing exists in free play, and banks can occasionally be closer than at shilo

-there are almost no members-only smithing techniques (except gold gauntlets, buy you're sitting at a furnace for 200k+ bars... easier to smelt mithril

-prayer and combat, yes

-for magic, alching steel plates is f2p, isn't it? (don't go on about nature crafting- how many p2p 99 mages actually made all of their supplies?)

-firemaking, maple logs are f2p items, the trees aren't though.

cooking- there's a great free method floating around in the guides section somewhere

-mining, you've got iron.

-runecrafting, world 16 is free, and no risk of being pked unless you get horribly lost.

so a lot of techniques that members use to speed level are available freely. it can be harder, but only if you make it that way.