How Long before Jagex deletes accounts?

Grond

JaGex dont delete rs2 accounts unless they have been inactive for a long long time. Say 4 years or so but they dont do it often

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Jagex does not delete accounts. If a player quits, he or she still have their account, and it will NOT be deleted. The player may come back some time and want to play, Jagex does not because of this Reason.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Really? they don;t delete them? My newb ranger still exists then...just need to remember the pass....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

They will NOT delete any account from RS2.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

:shock: no way they dont delete? Wow its been awhile since I thought about it... I thought they deleted after 6 months to a year. Ot: guy above me theres a Long Island City? Lived on the island for the better part of my life and have never heard of it...

Get me a whopper!

JaGeX NEVER deletes accounts in rs2, even if they have been inactive for very long ammounts of time.

this is one reason jaxex's f2p option is the best of any mmorpg I know of, your account can never get deleted for inactivity :D good job jagex.

,,..-~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\ Happy Mining /ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`~-..,,

|______.\goldhawk co/.______|

Just few days ago i tried if i remember my old accounts pass, i did and some of them were last logged in nearly 1000 days ago, so i guess u dont have to worry about being deleted in a short time if u cant play ;)

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

About 2 years ago i one time died in wildy and like i remember i decided to delete my account and don't play more RuneScape, but i not found how to do it.

Then i writted to Jagex and got answer then this feature are not included and then they don't plan to do it, i personally think then they don't delete accounts ever.

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Just logged into my pure which I abandoned. She was not deleted after 382 days.

Stats: 25 Mage, 9 Defense, 15 HP.

Was going to raise her mage as high as possible, Keep def at 20 and HP whatever it got to gettng to 20 def.

May still do it one day.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Ok Great! Thanks all!

I was worried about my friends Char, but no longer!

hmmm, another friend of mine quit a couple years ago and he had a Phat.... :pray: I wonder if he remembers his Pass...... :D

thenewsiglw3.png

Rofl, i quited my main once cuz i was bored, then i started playing 146 days later and i had 4,1 Blackmarks since earlier cuz i swore att noobs and 2 guys reported me cuz i BS'ed him in wildy (they bsed me first 1 month ago so i just had little revenge with Snare and Sara strike ::' )

I dont think they delete chars on RS at all \'

I wish they would delete accounts after like, say, 5 years, because of all those good account names that are never going to be used again.. *sigh* oh well. i guess I have my good name. :mrgreen:

I understand that as I wanted to be named "Kefka Palazzo" but it was already taken way back in 2004.

to answer the question,no, they do not delete account as there are far too many inactive accounts to handle.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

I though they never deleted if you made the account member for any oeriod of time. if it is only f2p then it will be deleted for inactivity.

I had an account be deleted after a few months that had never been a member but an even older one not deleted since it was for 1 month.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

Before I remmber rsc accounts were deleted, but here in Rs2 I don't believe jagex deletes accounts as people have pictures of over 1k days inactive

I had about 5 acc's, 1 i was 68 day not log in and othere's about 150 day's and deleted! :notalk:

Just because you cant log onto your account dosnt mean your account got deleted, it may have been hacked and banned or you may have forgotten the pass.

I have sent a letter to JaGeX on the issue, they specificaly said they currently do not delete accounts although they used to for about 6 month after rs2 came out though.

PS.I have a screenshot of the letter that I can post here

,,..-~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\ Happy Mining /ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`~-..,,

|______.\goldhawk co/.______|

ok for jagex deleting accounts isnt very good becouse the people that left someday can come back.I think that there is no deleto option because of scamers that scam and delete ur acc ROFL so i think that u can be sure that account exist.