Ring of Wealth: Superstition?

Xeones

from talking to a mod ingame they told me that it increases what your going to get, however as its a random drop this means you can still just have bad luck with it so it would be hard to prove. I think it helps me but I can't be bothered to do the math to prove it, plus I'll just happily accept that jagex are telling the truth about it working as it would just be too much of an pain to make up a lie like that and some mod somewhere would have let slip to someone if it didn't work as they said.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On RuneHQ there's a drop guide whereby someone killed 1k abyssal demons with and without a RoW. It was clear from that, that the RoW does make a difference. However, that was posted years ago and we all know how much Jagex like to tamper with stuff.

Especially with the release of those new rings such as archer and beserker. You're sacrificing luck for power, which is nice, but ulitmately seems pointless if you're not going to get the good drops.

he rasied a good point i never would have thought of.what if youre wearing a zerker ring while killing abbies on assignment and it kills them 15% quicker than without a row yet te row gives a 10% chance of raeer drops then wouldnt it be better to substitute luck for power?

i think its a good point to consider but i just see row as a waste of 50k because im always wearing my warriotr ring anyway when im slaying,and i could spend tha 50k on something way more useful like another glory amulet.

tifsdac6mc.gif

in my experience i would say yes, it does work. unfortunatly it also seems to make coin drop a LOT more common. just something you have to put up with.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

Edit: sorry, tip it was doing something wierd, didnt mean to double post.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

You forgot something when you made this topic.

It was put into the game, by the creators of the game.

1. Why would they lie about something like that?

2. Really...you think they would lie about something like that?

3. SERIOUSLY?!

It does not HAVE to be proven, the fact that the GAME CREATORS put it into the game and SAID that it improves drops...is PROOF enough.

user1-dark.png

It is very simple: if it does what it should do accoring to what jagex told us, then it is the best ring for slayer and if it doesnt, then it still wouldnt matter because +4 strength is nothing compared to black mask at slayer.

Conclusion, why wear useless rings like berserker if you can wear something which might actually do something.

I can prove that it works somewhat...

Back when I was dustie slaying for 99 defence (and dragon chain, hehe), I bought 1k sharks and killed dusties until I ran out. I wore a RoW, and I got exactly 36 half key drops.

With my earned wealth from all the drops I got, I bought a zerker ring and 1k more sharks. I used up the next 1000 sharks without RoW, and I got 19 half key drops.

I think that 36 vs 19 is pretty significant statistically :)

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

row never worked well for me. not anything noticeable anyways and if its not noticeable then im not wearing it. My ring of life has saved me much more money than a ring of wealth could have gained me.

Yeah, it's clearly just a superstition. The same way Jagex lies when they say armour protects you, or weapons do damage, or you have a better chance of cooking at higher cooking levels.
\

Am I allowed to assume that this is sarcasm? Because if it isn't, then it's just silly.

And I do believe it works, although I've never spent money on a RoW, so it couldn't be a waste, and have gotten enough D stones to where I can have one as well as multiple glories. Plus, I wouldn't wear any other ring anyways, and I've never had a need for a Ring of Life, because I don't put myself in a situation where I could die and lose anything important. (If I go into the wildy, I go in steel :P )

Heres how Shadow7 explained it

4mrugr7.jpg

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

If I may use an analogy, the RoW could be compared to the Fountain of Youth. Humans created the idea of a Fountain of Youth to have something to hope and search for, in essence. Now, Jagex may have had the same motives in mind when they created the RoW. They just wanted to give you something that lets your mind wander, to make you think that you may get something more easily with the ring on.

Not saying that they would, but that's the only logical counter-example I could think of.

I, for one, am convinced that it works.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Heres how Shadow7 explains it.

4mrugr7.jpg

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I cannot pretend that the ring of wealth had worked well enough for me.

Let me tell of one of the unpleasant experience i had with my ring of wealth. I was a level 70+ at that time and i was training, killing lesser demons in the karamja dungeon with my ring on. At that time, the ring of wealth was rather popular with players and many wore it while they fought various monsters, in hope of getting some wonderful drops.

After almost 3 hours of only coins and ashes for drops, i got fed up and decided to sell my ring to another player, standing beside me. What followed was an unbelievable stroke of luck. I got two simultaneous rune med drops and a lot of fire runes.

From then on, i never believe in the abilities of the ring of wealth.

drapit.png

I cannot pretend that the ring of wealth had worked well enough for me.

Let me tell of one of the unpleasant experience i had with my ring of wealth. I was a level 70+ at that time and i was training, killing lesser demons in the karamja dungeon with my ring on. At that time, the ring of wealth was rather popular with players and many wore it while they fought various monsters, in hope of getting some wonderful drops.

After almost 3 hours of only coins and ashes for drops, i got fed up and decided to sell my ring to another player, standing beside me. What followed was an unbelievable stroke of luck. I got two simultaneous rune med drops and a lot of fire runes.

From then on, i never believe in the abilities of the ring of wealth.

drapit.png

you sold your ring cuz someone killed 750 dragons and didnt get a rare drop?

you could kill a million black dragons and not get one single drop, you could go out and kill 10 of them and get a visage. DO ANY OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PROBABILITIES?

why would you go and sell your ring after some guy says he didnt get any rare drops after 750 black dragons?

do any of you actually know anything about probability?

okay, so lets say a probability of getting a particular item is 1/2000.

then you think to yourself, okay yeah ill just kill 2000 of this particular monster, and then ill get that item. NO it doesnt work that way. Each time you kill that monster, its a 1/2000 for that particular drop. It doesn't add up each time you kill the monster, your odds don't increase.

Player X could kill 5 of a particular monster and get a rare drop, and then player Y could kill 20,000 of that same monster and never get a rare drop.

do any of you actually know anything about probability?

okay, so lets say a probability of getting a particular item is 1/2000.

then you think to yourself, okay yeah ill just kill 2000 of this particular monster, and then ill get that item. NO it doesnt work that way. Each time you kill that monster, its a 1/2000 for that particular drop. It doesn't add up each time you kill the monster, your odds don't increase.

Player X could kill 5 of a particular monster and get a rare drop, and then player Y could kill 20,000 of that same monster and never get a rare drop.

It's all up to chance, there is no luck or bad luck.