It's Magical!

Roberthree

Hi there! I was thinking about getting 99 magic after I do some other stuff. My question is how much would it cost from 70? I'm thinking of three metods, and I'd prefer to get hp xp in the process:

1) High Alchemy

Most common, there must be a reason. No hp xp though =(

2) Fire Bolt @ Ankou

I like this place, it's got a safe spot and bones to peaches can keep me there forever.

3) Ice Burst at -----

This sounds pricey, but fast.

4) Other?

Choose what you think is the best combo of speed/cost and let me know how much it would cost.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on your tastes.

If you want a slight profit, high alch green dragonhide bodies.

If you want hitpoints experience use Fire Bolt with Chaos Gauntlets on Ankous.

If you want speed, but don't care about price, use Ice Barrage in Pest Control or Castle Wars. It's both fun and useful. :)

That's what my friend told me he'd do anyway.

j0xPu5R.png

Hi there! I was thinking about getting 99 magic after I do some other stuff. My question is how much would it cost from 70? I'm thinking of three metods, and I'd prefer to get hp xp in the process:

1) High Alchemy

2) Fire Bolt @ Ankou

I like this place, it's got a safe spot and bones to peaches can keep me there forever.

3) Ice Burst at -----

4) Other?

Choose what you think is the best combo of speed/cost and let me know how much it would cost.

I have been thinking about getting 99 mage too. I was told fire bolts are the best cheapest way to get there. But im sure an Ice Burst would be the fastest.

PunkSig.jpg

punk_wise.png

punk_wise.png

I'd suggest fire bolting at Iron/steel dragons with Anti fire pots+shield. You get HP Xp and your money back from drops.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I'd suggest fire bolting at Iron/steel dragons with Anti fire pots+shield. You get HP Xp and your money back from drops.

It's that a for sure? How much would you get back?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

No metal dragons please. They don't drop bones, are very risky, and are a long walk.

i dont know where you got your info from but they drop bones, arent at all risky unless you dont pay attention or try to get by without antifire pots, and the walk takes like 5-10 minutes and you can stay there for 1-2 hours with like 16-20 antifire pots

Assassin1357.png

No metal dragons please. They don't drop bones, are very risky, and are a long walk.

i dont know where you got your info from but they drop bones, arent at all risky unless you dont pay attention or try to get by without antifire pots, and the walk takes like 5-10 minutes and you can stay there for 1-2 hours with like 16-20 antifire pots

Don't they drop Dragon Bones? And I can stay at Ankou forever and its a 1 and a half minute walk. Plus I will hit alot more often on Ankou.... Not to mention all the time wasted buying potions and junk like that.

If I ever go to Iron Dragons it will be with a rune crossbow and diamond/ruby bolts.

He meant regular bones, for bones to peaches.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Don't they drop Dragon Bones? And I can stay at Ankou forever and its a 1 and a half minute walk. Plus I will hit alot more often on Ankou....

If I ever go to Iron Dragons it will be with a rune crossbow and diamond/ruby bolts.

Just take 1000 fire bolt casts and 2 or 3 full ant-fire pots to the iron dragons. You will definately get better exp at ankous(or caged greaters which I train on), but iron dragons will be much more fun.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

1) High Alchemy

2) Fire Bolt @ Ankou

3) Ice Burst at -----

4) Other?

MTA - Enchant/Hialch arenas..

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

just a quick suggestion... since youre thinking about ankou....

Why not try Crumble Undead? It is very effective on Ankou, and you can autocast it using the Slayer Staff.

That would seem like a good idea, but the max hit of Crumble Undead and Fire Bolt with chaos gauntlets is the same. And you cant use an elemental staff if you use a slayer staff. I think it is 4 airs and 1 earth for Crumble Undead, and 3 airs/4 fires for Fire Bolt. I think it would just depend on whether you have a large stock of earth runes or fire runes.

wartortlelove.jpg

No..... Iron Dragons have really high defense. Ankou have next-to-no defense.

Plus I hate buying/selling with a passion and anti-fire pots sound like hell to try and buy.

Try 1k casts on Ankous and 1k casts on Iron Dragons. See how much money/experience you make at each and decide then.

Ankous are very annoying because the safespot is inefficient and it takes long for them to become unaggressive towards you. They also hit very hard against mage robes, an 8 every 4-5 hits.

Tons of people sell anti-fire potions 2-3k each on forums.

And, what's better than the thrill of getting an EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY awesome drop? Even if the probability is very low, it still exists...

kingtut3.png

just a quick suggestion... since youre thinking about ankou....

Why not try Crumble Undead? It is very effective on Ankou, and you can autocast it using the Slayer Staff.

That would seem like a good idea, but the max hit of Crumble Undead and Fire Bolt with chaos gauntlets is the same. And you cant use an elemental staff if you use a slayer staff. I think it is 4 airs and 1 earth for Crumble Undead, and 3 airs/4 fires for Fire Bolt. I think it would just depend on whether you have a large stock of earth runes or fire runes.

Adding on to that: Fire Bolt gives more base xp than Crumble Undead.

And I already said no irons. I'm not debating it, I don't like them and I'm not doing them. and if an ankou hits an 8 on me, I'll eat a peach.

Why would you use only one method? Use them all! ;)

Some variation in training is very advisable. Do some alchs for pretty fast, cheap exp. When you get bored, do some fire bolts. Metal dragons are relaxed to kill since you only need to click once a minute or so. Also, risk of dying is greater at ankous than at metal dragons.

Also, if you have the cash, try some ancients at cw or use some lunar for the easy string spell.

lots of options, why choose one? ;)

phata_elise.png

Bones to peaches gives me unlimited food. 600 gp every 10-20 minutes for a full load of food, or 50k per run at metals? I'm not even gonna get into the fact that I take no damage down there at all since i stay in a safespot

No more metal dragon talk please.

I like what phata_elise said. It makes alot of sense lol.

Tell me about this "easy string" spell....

just alch...

string all is a lunar spellthat strings all ammys in your inventory.

ice bursting monkeys is the best but i am quite sure its going to cost 50m+, not 100% sure but that seems likely.

mathisfun.png