Best "AFK" training spots?

imaleber

What would be the best "AFK" (away from keyboard) training spot with a character with around 40-55 or so defence? I understand that AFKing is against RS rules, and I am only using the term to reference training spots where monsters auto-attack you, meaning you don't have to click. I will not be literally away from the keyboard, just doing work while I train, and keeping the occasional eye on the screen.

I have considered bandits, yet I understand they, at level 51, are much too high for me, it would take too much food. I have also contemplated flesh crawlers, but they are very low HP and I'd like other suggestions.

Thanks!!!

P.S. I'd be great if you could provide a little information about the monster, such as it's levels, and especially if they are efficient training such that there are enough of them, and one will hit me almost immediately after the previous has died. It would be really great if you have an estimate of their max hit too.

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

Its against the rules... but if you want to then Hobgobs in rune mine in wildy (round 30-45) are reeeaally good...

Thanks for your suggestion, but I still fail to see how you think this is against the rules. I stay at the computer constantly; I am just clicking a LOT less. I hope you understand what I mean. What I am doing is perfectly legal.

Thanks!

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

Almost guys train on bandits in desert wearing some god cape, they then not stop attack you after some time - because they hate that god, in all other spots monsters stop attack you after some time including beasts like steel drags too :)

I preffer to use Morton dungeon for it, shades are so agressive and in this place possible to use salve ammy (e), you get 20-60 less then your combat level shades and they will attack you so plenty :)

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Almost guys train on bandits in desert wearing some god cape, they then not stop attack you after some time - because they hate that god, in all other spots monsters stop attack you after some time including beasts like steel drags too :)

I preffer to use Morton dungeon for it, shades are so agressive and in this place possible to use salve ammy (e), you get 20-60 less then your combat level shades and they will attack you so plenty :)

Oo, I've said that bandits are too high for me already, but I'm interested in this Morton shades thing. I have no idea what they are, could you elaborate. What level are they, what is a salve ammy (e), and would they be good for 40-55 defence?

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

Outside dungeon in Morton territory are 40 lvl shades, inside dungeon are 60,80,100 and 120 lvl shades, all they are agressive.

You then can do minigame killing they too if for you good 40lvl ones, go to Shades of morton minigame themed world and help to they to build temple by killing shades near temple, if you find to much killers then chose diferent world then. But doing minigame you get saincity level killing they near temple and you can sacre oil and i think that oil possible to sell (i not sure).

Another thing is to access dungeon you need at least one key - depends from dungeon part you need diferent keys and in diferent parts are diferent shades.

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

salve ammy is from haunted mine quest, gives +%15 att and str bonus vs undead. you get enchanted version by completign tarns lair, and it then does +%20.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Bandits

Damis' lair skeletons

Dagganoth (not perfectly afk but very good xp)

Mortton shades

They're the famous ones.

Bear in mind a cannon can create the effects of an afk training spot mostly anywhere.

If i think of any more i'll edit in.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be meleeing only. I'll look into the skeletons as well. =p

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

Bandits

Damis' lair skeletons

Mortton shades

They're the famous ones.

Bear in mind a cannon can create the effects of an afk training spot mostly anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be meleeing only. I'll look into the skeletons as well. =p

You need 80+ def and guthans to train effectively there.

Maybe try spiders in SoS.

Bandits

Damis' lair skeletons

Mortton shades

They're the famous ones.

I'm aware of the SoS as a place where quite a lot of monters are aggressive. Do you know the approximate level of these spiders and whether 55 or so defence is sufficient against them?

Tyvm!

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

Bandits

Damis' lair skeletons

Mortton shades

They're the famous ones.

You have to constantly reload the cannon though..

Get guthans (i know, spendy) but it will make what you want to do alot easier.

35b9enp.jpg

Bandits

Damis' lair skeletons

Mortton shades

They're the famous ones.

I'm aware of the SoS as a place where quite a lot of monters are aggressive. Do you know the approximate level of these spiders and whether 55 or so defence is sufficient against them?

Tyvm!

Oooh yes i forgot about that place, with your def limit i think that place would be perfect! I haven't ever trained there with low def but i know it is a very popular fp2 training spot, so i'd imagine it would be fine with lower defence. Of everything suggested so far i think this is the best idea.

It's not very afk really, you'll need to eat a little and run up to edge bank every now and then, but it's a good spot.

try animated axe in wildy lvl 56 ( u ned a pick lock and lvl 26 thielving if i remember ) they are agressive , u need 45 def or higher , u will be inside a liltlle house and u need a pick lock so not alot of pker can come in . i did get 76 to 82 str on my staker there and right now , im going to 86 to this spot . wear rune plate , legs diamond , a crappy helm , crappy shield and best weapon possible best glove too , c boot and u will be okay , bring full lobb because u will have to eat "3-4 lobb per 15 min with 42 def "

something to say about my english grammar ?!?!? , okay , but do it in french !

... I have also contemplated flesh crawlers, but they are very low HP and I'd like other suggestions...

I'm not sure that I understand why you dismiss Fleshcrawlers so quickly.

If you go for harder monsters then you will need to watch your own HPs

and make more stops for food and/or bank runs.

Plus, there own higher defense usually means that it will take you more

sword swings to kill it. But it sounds like you want to minimum interaction

training instead.

You earn melee exp according to HitDone*4

The level of the monster doesn't matter.

Hitting a 2 on a rat earns you 8 in exp.

Hitting a 2 on a greater demon earns you the exact same 8 in exp.

But fighting a greater demon (or similar) will make you run out of food

much, much more quickly than fighting a FC or rat.

Now, if you kill the lower level monster quickly then you want another one

to quickly take its place. The SoS offers that kind of training.

So the fleshcrawlers in the SoS are auto-aggressive (well, for awhile anyway)

and are quickly replaced. So they can offer "good" "AFKish" training.

If you don't like the FCers then you can go deeper into the SoS to fight

other monsters.

But remember, it's the Hit that you make that earns you exp,

not the level of the monster.

Hope this helps

I think that it would be much better for you to man up and train like a man in a much more manly way so that you'll have decent enough stats to do what you're trying to do (which isn't at all manly) effectively.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I think that it would be much better for you to man up and train like a man in a much more manly way so that you'll have decent enough stats to do what you're trying to do (which isn't at all manly) effectively.

Clicking less doesnt make training any less manly...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

I'd have to say AFK is a big nono

The full rule is found here

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

Read his full post, he's just using the term >.>

But, anyways, I also recommend Fleshcrawlers.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

What is AFK Training?

Read his full post, he's just using the term >.>

But, anyways, I also recommend Fleshcrawlers.

Thanks Lent, it does seem like a lot of people didn't read my entire post. Some were saying I was 50 combat?? And others saying AFKing is against the rules when I've stated several times I am not.

Thanks all too for suggestions. I have decided to use flesh crawlers for now, and maybe switch later to higher monsters.

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

well seeing your at the keyboard but attending another program id be happy to share some info;

the salve amulet (e) increase your atk an str by 20% on undead creatures like shades (this is off memory so it might not be 100% right) and for monsters who are agressive (aka your term attack you without clicking) fleshcrawlers would be a way to go as they are violent litte buggers but after a while lose interest so simply world hop or you can try other creatures in SoS as most are agressive. hope this small info bit helps and just noticed the salve info was posted. :oops:

Popoto.~<3