Parents,8year olds, and swearing

Death_Hippy

Grand Theft Auto or Halo or some crap like that.

WTFBBQ?!

Yea, i likey this rant.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who d'you think wrecked f2p? Thats right, little 8-year-olds. I mean, what happened to the age limit? But anyways, these [developmentally delayed]ed little spoiled brats see a game like RS, so they go and start a character, lieing about their age, and they play for an hour or two until they get bored. They then go around begging for 'pHr33 m0n3y pl00x bc4ues t0 g3t m3 a r00n sk1mmy!11!!', then they try to scam people by selling 'rare' black shrimp for 1m... :roll: , then they find out about goldbuying, so the go to their parents, get them to buy some gold, and then they get a keylogger, and they get hacked. When they get their account back, they're throwing a temper tantrum, and then their parents catch them swearing/seeing someone else swear, and they sent indignate messages to JaGEx, taxing the already overworked CS staff.

Get the message kiddies, and all you moronic parents too; [bleep] OFF! Go play Barney's Island adventure ya little [puncture]s!

The only reasons we need a censor are A: To keep the lil' brats from swearing every other word, and B: To keep everyone else from swearing every other word because of the little idiots with IQs lower than their ages...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Yes I know, mario rocks.And how does this affect me personally?When people tell me not to say bad words.And when I have to hear about people getting hacked...when I'm pretty dam sure was from when they tried to go to a hacking site.How do I tell 8year olds from 13 year olds?They tell me their age when I ask after hearing "don't swear my mom said I can't play if people swear!".After that I constantly swear till he logs out.
and by getting their age info r u asking them personally? cuz thats breaking a rule...... and im pretty sure kids wont tell their age, cuz they kno theyll get banned......... and constantly swearing is about as stupid a thing u can do, just wait til u get reported dozens of times...... which swear reports r practically unappealable imo

It never says that asking for someone's age is against the rules...AND one of my friends went and made an offensive language appeal, copy and pasted it 5 times, and got 3 out of 5 offenses appealed.

I personally understand the low ages. I was referred to this game by my brother when he was 10, and he found out from kids in his fourth grade class. The age factor isn't the part I'm most annoyed with though. The maturity level of many players gets me. Earlier today, I saw players with names like I C Weiner##, Giantcoc####, and 15 Inch Own or something like that. It's sad that this 13+ game is played by people who all laugh every time someone says "Uranus" (it's actually pronounced "Ur-uhn-is"). Another thing that I hate seeing are those stupid relationships! The girl has some name like "Cexybaby69" and the guy will be some high level and they go all cute on each other and do all of the *kiss* things when they don't even know if their "girlfriend" really is a girl!

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

Don't forget Jagex is actually trying to make the game fit their style of play. If it wasn't for that COPPA law I bet RS wouldn't have an age requirement, atleast not now. And it's because of greed that RS is becoming child-friendly, as the children will say to their parents "0mG m0mmy paY f0r dis c00l game!" and if the members version doesn't fit their like, they won't pay anymore. Money has corrupted Jagex.

Not all under 13 are bad and immature. I'm 12 myself (barely a month 'til my birthday) and my brother is 8, and he quite behaves ingame (I said INGAME). But most of the rest isn't.

It never says that asking for someone's age is against the rules

yes it does. its asking for personal information which can be reported.

asking a player age isnt against the rules, and only complete noob wannabe mods report for that... that rule is mostly for asking email address/ rl second names/phone numbers/ usernames for social networking sites etc... as in stuff which can get u tracked down irl...

asking a player age isnt against the rules, and only complete noob wannabe mods report for that... that rule is mostly for asking email address/ rl second names/phone numbers etc...

It is. Your age is personal, so it applies. But, of course, nobody really reports it, I think.

asking a player age isnt against the rules, and only complete noob wannabe mods report for that... that rule is mostly for asking email address/ rl second names/phone numbers etc...

It is. Your age is personal, so it applies. But, of course, nobody really reports it, I think.

its just like asking what country someone is in... off someones phone number you can get their address etc... but off someones age you cant find out anything...

Aye dark vincent.I started playing when I was around 11 (so right now I'm 14).Though, back then I had a 10th grade reading level, and I never begged,I just asked WHERE I could get the item.Though most kids nowadays are EXTREMLY immature when it comes to online games.Play any popular online game (Runescape,WoW,Counter-Strike:Source,Halo) and you'll see extremly high lvl's of Immaturity.

The more popular the game is the more immaturity.I understand that immaturaty doesn't always come from young kids.It sometimes comes from "high level" players who, in their fantasy world, are better than you in everyway just because you don't have high "numbers" (that's literally what their basing it on..."numbers"). Anyway's g'day and swear at a kid if he tells you your not allowed to =_= SAVE RS FROM IMMATURE BRATS!

Here's my take on swearing/immaturity: some people just think, "Oh hey, it's the Internet, nobody knows who I am, so I can do anything I want! If they start really hating me, I can flame back or just make a new screenname!"

That's the problem. Total anonymity. You can be anyone you want, or no one, and that enables you to do whatever the hell you want to do, without virtually any lasting repercussions. So most stupid people/jerks just do crap like this because it entertains them. God only knows why.

EDIT: An easy way to solve this would be to limit new accounts made anywhere to the amount of one or two. But that's never going to happen, so anonymity will reign supreme in the world of Internet immaturity.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Not Rules.

Yes Rules.

Negativism.

Correctism.

its just like asking what country someone is in... off someones phone number you can get their address etc... but off someones age you cant find out anything...

It's not only about adresses that Jagex is worried about, it's about people faking being other people that their worried. Age is still personal information.

Aye dark vincent.I started playing when I was around 11 (so right now I'm 14).Though, back then I had a 10th grade reading level, and I never begged,I just asked WHERE I could get the item.Though most kids nowadays are EXTREMLY immature when it comes to online games.Play any popular online game (Runescape,WoW,Counter-Strike:Source,Halo) and you'll see extremly high lvl's of Immaturity.

The more popular the game is the more immaturity.I understand that immaturaty doesn't always come from young kids.It sometimes comes from "high level" players who, in their fantasy world, are better than you in everyway just because you don't have high "numbers" (that's literally what their basing it on..."numbers"). Anyway's g'day and swear at a kid if he tells you your not allowed to =_= SAVE RS FROM IMMATURE BRATS!

I started playing when I was 10 years old, and I never acted immature (Okay, I did, but I was just trying to be funny, due to my lack of any real intelligence until the 12 years). I agree that there is alot of immaturity these days, at everywhere. I daresay I'm one the most mature of my classroom.

If the more popular the game, the more immaturity, that'd make WoW a kindergarden. Yeah, immaturity comes from intelligence and the time puberty arrives. So, yeah, someone can have big testicles and be an idiot because he's stupid enough to think 2 plus 2 is 22.

To your last line;

WE MUSTA PURGE DA YOUNGA PEEPZ!

There's stupid people out there, they're annoying, OK. There's two ways to deal with them:

- Ignore them. Right click in the chat, ignore.

- Mess with them. Mess with their minds I say. That's funnier, it helps smithing.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

There's stupid people out there, they're annoying, OK. There's two ways to deal with them:

- Mess with them. Mess with their minds I say. That's funnier, it helps smithing.

I agree, and the second choice is best and can be publicated in a certain thread in General.

:D

drapit.png

The problem is Jagex is encouraging the little kids to join.

Read the parent's guide. It basically says it's rated T. Now, my parents say that T is like PG-13, you don't have to be 13, but your parents have to say the game's ok.

And Jagex is making those parents think it's an Ok game, with "dumbing down". Events, updates, quests, everything is just made for the little kids now.

F2P is sooooooo annoying. Beggars, liars, scammers, little 8 year olds that say swears. I doubt many 8 year olds play this game, my sister does though, very rarely though (she's 8 lol).

Jmclark911.png

Jmclark911.png

For whatever reason, I think I might actually have fun ripping this thread apart. There's a lot of baseless accusations here, and some very serious untruths that need to be corrected. Here we go.

O.k for a while now young players have been bi-passing the age filter.It says you need to be 13 to play, but do they care?No, because they all need their fix of games that are to old and mature for them.That's what's been happening recently.

Typically, the age limit is set to notify parents that the game may be too mature (or not mature enough) for their kid. There isn't much to make a concerned parent freak out over RuneScape, and it does sometimes convey that the community (not the game!) use mild language, either infrequent or every third word; just depends on where you are at any given moment.

What's been happening recently is that a lot of players are starting to resent the younger players in this game, almost as if they were a disease. To me that sounds like xenophobia, or even pedophobia. Just because they're younger doesn't mean that they can't play a game that's supposed to be rated for a higher audience. Besides, the stuff that makes it so ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅhighÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Good points, though you should of just posted this in your own post if your gonna right that much my friend.And where did you find a "self respecting parent"?I thought they were a dying breed ._. I see a lot of swearing kids around my state, and they abuse it from playing GTA.And the people in my dam middle school can't...stop....swearing...at least I have a small filter!

Good points, though you should of just posted this in your own post if your gonna right that much my friend.And where did you find a "self respecting parent"?I thought they were a dying breed ._. I see a lot of swearing kids around my state, and they abuse it from playing GTA.And the people in my dam middle school can't...stop....swearing...at least I have a small filter!

Everyone swears in my school too. GTA gives people problems, I play it myself (1, 2, 3, VC, SA, LCS, VCS) but it doesn't affect me (Though I'm being more aggressive than before, but I think it's because of puberty). The world of today has problems, many problems... and it's Marylin Manson's fault.

The world of today has problems, many problems... and it's Marylin Manson's fault.

:XD:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The world of today has problems, many problems... and it's Marylin Manson's fault.

:XD:

are you sure about that

Who? harrinator1 or me? If it was me, it's just a joke since I don't like Marylin Manson. But could be, yeah.

Anyway, I've got an argument (...sorta) for kids trying to do overage stuff: I think it's due to they trying to prove they're old enough or just for fun, isn't it?

i do not agree really with what you are saying. i was mining iron in f2p once and some snotnose starting swearing at me. he was intentionally going around the censor so that he could spell it out and let me know exactly what he was saying (FU). i reported him and told him that if he were going to talk like that to me then i'll assume that he'll talk like that to my daughter. i don't have one...but he got my point anyways. the point was that if this punk was in my face and said what he said to me i would've gladly broken his nose for him. all i can do is use the report button for him. you couldn't get away with talking to people like that on the street for very long. so there should be no consequences here?

i get that some ppl use profanity in their circle of friends as normal everyday talk. i do it too. but there is a time and a place for where that is appropriate and not. if you walk into some shopping stores with your buddy for instance...and are being obnoxious and cursing at each other from across the aisles...eventually you are going to be asked to leave. it is their property. same here...you're on jagex's turf, pal, not yours. you have to play a little by the rules or get out. if you're having a casual conversation with your friend somewhere where other players are around...the polite thing is to use that language in private or on your clan chat. but no....instead you start harassing other players who politely asked you to stop. and you want to talk about maturity, little kid?

i really don't know where you get this idea that by becoming the ripe old age of 13 suddenly gives you a license to do whatever you want whenever you want and anywhere you please. that's being a selfish little punk in my opinion. the 13 and over rule is not just so that we can have violent and profane content either. it's also a hope that by that age you can learn to act in a decent and responsible manner within a community without parental supervision to keep you from being disruptive. i think some ppl have the idea that being an "adult" means bloody gore, violence, sex, and despicable language. most of us begin to learn manners and what is socially acceptable on the playground in preschool. if you want to talk about maturity lvl...it sounds like you have a long ways to go my friend.

rssig2.png

... i really don't know where you get this idea that by becoming the ripe old age of 13 suddenly gives you a license to do whatever you want whenever you want and anywhere you please. that's being a selfish little punk in my opinion. the 13 and over rule is not just so that we can have violent and profane content either. it's also a hope that by that age you can learn to act in a decent and responsible manner within a community without parental supervision to keep you from being disruptive. i think some ppl have the idea that being an "adult" means bloody gore, violence, sex, and despicable language. most of us begin to learn manners and what is socially acceptable on the playground in preschool. if you want to talk about maturity lvl...it sounds like you have a long ways to go my friend.

The above just had to be quoted for truth. That's quite a concise point there. I think I respect you for what your stance on this entire debacle is. You seem to have a level head about it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.