New scam throug the Personal Messages! (Easy to fail)

Darkluniux

Good day!

I am Darkluniux, a common member of the Tip.it's forums that discovered a new scammer in our community.

Here's a screenshoot I took:

scammernoobjm1.png

So an apparebtly innocent member of tip.it pm's you asking if you're in that PKing video, you click on link... You go to a page where it tells you that you don't have the Shockwave player and asks you if you want to install it... If you press yes, You'll be asked to download/open a [Caution: Executable File] file that contains a keylogguer that will stole your passwords.

Thanks and Namaste.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâà Darkluniux

Please post questions and suggerencies!

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its a keylogger, i fell for it and got hacked :wall: . I got a link to help with it and how to get rid of it if you get it.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=711644

Just follow the directions and you should be rid of that keylogger

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Simple solution: Only click links with "YouTube" in them. :-$

I don't make any PK vids, so you're going to have to wake up at 13:00 am on February 30th to fool me. \'

Ditto. If someone pms me asking if it's my vid... :lol:

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Simple solution: Only click links with "YouTube" in them. :-$

I don't make any PK vids, so you're going to have to wake up at 13:00 am on February 30th to fool me. \'

i wish youtube quality was better... its so horrible and reduced in size...

This scam does seem to be the popular thing among scammers recently. Some advice can be taken from the words of caution from the owner of the Runescape Stats Tracking and Progress Chart site http://www.runemonkey.net/ in which 'Debo Rock' warns users;

BEWARE: RuneArmy.net is a keylogger website. October 21, 2007

I hate having to even bring this up but I want everyone to be aware of it. RuneArmy.net is a password stealing website. If you go there, it will tell you that your Adobe Flash Player needs to be updated. Do not update it through the link provided on that site - you will download a keylogger which will allow whoever is on the other end of that site to steal your RuneScape password and any other person information that you type in.

I hate this kind of crap and I will name names when I find out who does it. Chunky59 (who used to be on my friends list) told me to go to the site and view such and such a video that someone had taken that had me in it doing something cool. This person was very specific about which video it was and what I was doing to try to lure me in.

Fortunately, one thing I do at my job is teach people how to avoid getting spyware/adware/malware/viruses/etc. from getting installed on their computers. Never click a link through another site to install software. If you download Adobe Flash Player, make sure you download it from Adobe's website by going there, not just clicking a link. Don't get scammed. If it's try to load something from h1.[ScamSite].com/....../Shockware_Flash_Installer[Caution: Executable File] you are not at Adobe's website. Please keep this in mind not just for going to RuneScape related websites but any website that suggests you don't have the proper software installed.

Posted by Debo Rock

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

This scam does seem to be the popular thing among scammers recently. Some advice can be taken from the words of caution from the owner of the Runescape Stats Tracking and Progress Chart site http://www.runemonkey.net/ in which 'Debo Rock' warns users;

BEWARE: RuneArmy.net is a keylogger website. October 21, 2007

I hate having to even bring this up but I want everyone to be aware of it. RuneArmy.net is a password stealing website. If you go there, it will tell you that your Adobe Flash Player needs to be updated. Do not update it through the link provided on that site - you will download a keylogger which will allow whoever is on the other end of that site to steal your RuneScape password and any other person information that you type in.

I hate this kind of crap and I will name names when I find out who does it. Chunky59 (who used to be on my friends list) told me to go to the site and view such and such a video that someone had taken that had me in it doing something cool. This person was very specific about which video it was and what I was doing to try to lure me in.

Fortunately, one thing I do at my job is teach people how to avoid getting spyware/adware/malware/viruses/etc. from getting installed on their computers. Never click a link through another site to install software. If you download Adobe Flash Player, make sure you download it from Adobe's website by going there, not just clicking a link. Don't get scammed. If it's try to load something from h1.[ScamSite].com/....../Shockware_Flash_Installer[Caution] you are not at Adobe's website. Please keep this in mind not just for going to RuneScape related websites but any website that suggests you don't have the proper software installed.

Posted by Debo Rock

That guy seems smart, too bad some little eight year old won't listen to him and get his/her account stolen. :-w

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

luckily my skills aren't high enough to look rich and to be scammed.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

i got that and reported it to a mod, i obviously wasn't in the video b/c i don't pk or anything to get taped so i know it was a scam

i couldnt click on it cause of mozilla scam detection or something, but it didnt have ziglist or what ever mine said censored

unomeimcool.png

unomeimcool.png

Make sure your flash or whatever is always up to date. :P

That way if you do happen to click it, and it says to download the new flash you'll know it's fake since you have the newest version. :P

Sorry if I spelt anything wrong. :wall:

Bonus_Track.png

That way if you do happen to click it, and it says to download the new flash you'll know it's fake since you have the newest version. :P

Well how are you meant to know if there isn't an even newer version out? I don't think that logic is very safe, and instead I do honestly feel the best and most simple advice comes from my quote of Debo Rock: ... :wink:

"Never click a link through another site to install software. If you download Adobe Flash Player, make sure you download it from Adobe's website by going there, not just clicking a link."

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Well how are you meant to know if there isn't an even newer version out? I don't think that logic is very safe, and instead I do honestly feel the best and most simple advice comes from my quote of Debo Rock: ... :wink:

"Never click a link through another site to install software. If you download Adobe Flash Player, make sure you download it from Adobe's website by going there, not just clicking a link."

Yeah, that works better. :P My idea would be for people who ALWAYS check like everyday...who would do that...? :-w

Joking. \'

Bonus_Track.png

I got something like that. Don't know if it's the same though.

fiaer.jpg

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

I am a little pro at these security precautions, just remember to have a good antivirus and anti-spyware/malware protection, google these free programs and download them from their official site:

Lavasoft - Ad-Adware

Spyware Blaster

Spybot Search&Destroy

A good firewall like "Zonealarm Firewall"

And a good antivirus that works as Avast! or Grisoft's AVG Antivirus (Both are free).

Also, if you don't have idea where a file comes from, don't download it, but if you decide to download it anyways, scan it with this exelent super-duper online scaner:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

I got something like that. Don't know if it's the same though.

fiaer.jpg

I got exactly same message :/. Just from a different person with no posts.

That's another of the MANY variants of this new method to scam, you can see the guy's name, he already said that he got his username hacked...

Remember that if you run the [Caution: Executable File] file, it will not only steal your runescape's passwords... It will stael ALL your passwords, then it can hack your TIF's username to send more of these message throught your username.

However, it appears as "censored webpage" because it's a cheap webpast part of a fee service for hosting.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg