What effects do you think the GE will have on pricy goods?

Dragonlordjl

Prices will go up for a lot of things when the update first comes out, but the market will determine the ultimate price of an item in the long run.

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

It's really hard to say fo' sho' exactly what's going to happen. All we can do is speculate.

Here are various opinions:

1) Rare prices will down because it is harder for merchanters to manipulate short-term prices.

2) Rare prices will go up because the owners of small supply can inflate prices.

3) GE is seller-favored and prices go up (see my post).

4) Prices go up because noobs will no longer sell for cheap.

5) Prices go down if there ever is an influx of additional supply.

It's debatable.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Keep it, if prices go up then you've lost money and you don't have your bandos anymore, if they go down then oh well you missed out on a few hundred k/few mill but you've still got the armour you want

i'd go with that. Even if DFS price will drop to 10 mil i dont see any reason why i'd sell mine.

I believe that if the first few days of the GE will pass without public panic then it shouldn't effect the prices.

I don't think that the GE will change the prices much. The only thing that the GE will affect is how and when you buy and sell things, not the prices of them.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I think it'l help loads now i'mm permanantly banned from the RSOF ::'

if it goes well i'm gonna compliment jagex ALOT ::' :thumbsup: ::'

Didn't Think of that, mabye they realised muted players actually should have the same chances of buying and selling :-k

loverrrzp8.jpg

I think it'l help loads now i'mm permanantly banned from the RSOF ::'

if it goes well i'm gonna compliment jagex ALOT ::' :thumbsup: ::'

Didn't Think of that, mabye they realised muted players actually should have the same chances of buying and selling :-k

I thought about it because before i came to Tip.it (on this account) i used to use the RSOF and when i got perm banned i needed a new wc axe so i had to go to different worlds (like 1,2 ECT: ) just to get a rune axe...

Zaroterasu.png

Really hard to say. But if this new GE cuts down the time to sell stuff, then people might be spending the lost time slaying monsters for those upper-end luxury items (except rares). And that'll make the prices drop a bit.

But since buying should be easier with GE out, there might be some rich dudes inflating big time by buying all the rares or other stuff up to sell them at a higher price. Not sure if this is common on Runescape, but I've seen on other games with very rich players teaming with other people to buy up all the items on the market.

But don't take me too seriously, I've never been a member so I really don't know how hard these luxurious are obtained and how things roll there.