---> Tea <---

rushrock

Yay tea! Tea has been around for thousands of years starting in Asia, and I bet that everyone here probably likes some type of tea. Not only is tea super tasty, but it's rich in antioxidants. Lots of research says that tea can be helpful in maintaining a healthy weight and cholesterol, preventing tumors and certain types of cancers, and helping the digestive tract (just some of the benefits). There's tons of tea types to choose from, too!

So, what's your favorite kind of tea? Do you think it can significantly benefit your health? Do you take your tea with milk/sugar (or anything else)?

1. My favorite kinds of tea are green, green with additional flavor (examples are blueberry, jasmine), and fruity tea. I like pretty much all teas though.

2. Yeah, definitely!

3. No, milk and sugar in tea is disgusting.

(I was drinking some Earl Grey when I made this thread.)

I used to have some of this great Vanilla tea I bought in Italy....it was so great with some coffee creamer and honey =P~ I ran out about a year ago, though, so no more for me :cry:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I've never really tried anything in tea except sugar, which I hated. I pretty much assumed I would hate milk as well, as I always drink coffee black. Just the thought of milk in tea sounds gross. Maybe it's not the case for each type of tea, but...:-X

Yeah, quite aware of tea's health benefits (especially Green tea), just can't be bothered to buy it since it needs to be heated and you need other accessories to make it drinkable... But that's just an excuse :oops:

I also read multiple articles, especially studies conducted in Japan/other asian countries, that green tea extends your lifespan if consumed regularly. It can also massively reduce the risk of other diseases.

Heck, I don't even care what a study says, if a japanese guy lives up to 116 years and says he did so by eating healthy and drinking green tea, I'm taking his word for it... :lol:

Earl Grey <3:

I absolutally love that stuff... and now I'm distracted from my coursework again cause I've got to put the kettle on.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

:shock: I just finished my cup of tea when I spotted this.

My personal choice is English everyday/breakfast tea with milk and no sugar, but some green teas are nice to have once in a while.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Completing Crew work whilst maintaining one's sanity, and working up to 99 Fletching/Cooking in RuneScape is simply an illusion without a good cup of tea. No sugars please. \'

Then again, it does actually cause some cancers, and several other *ahem* inconvenient side-effects. :-k

Then again, it does actually cause some cancers, and several other *ahem* inconvenient side-effects. :-k

Do you mean the fluoride content in tea? I might be wrong, but I thought it wasn't nearly large enough to cause significant damage. Tea does contain caffeine, but that's really a horrible problem...

Green tea and crumpets work for me.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."