Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

warren211

I'm probably going to rent this later today if Blockbuster has it. Should I just play the multiplayer or is the singleplayer good enough to play through as well?

The campaign is brilliant.

I second that, play campaign before you play multiplayer. Should only take the first day and a half, CoD campaigns are notoriously short.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to rent this later today if Blockbuster has it. Should I just play the multiplayer or is the singleplayer good enough to play through as well?

Play both, campaign is extremely good yet very easy and quick to complete. Then, just play multiplayer, it's very hard to get tired of it.

At least do all ghilled up and one shot one kill

This. Awesome missions there! Also I reckon that if you can do One Shot One Kill on Veteran without dying you've pretty much made it in the single player campaign. When I first tried to complete the game on veteran it was a hellish level for me, but when I made my second account and redid it I had some crazyluck and managed to pull it off first time without dying. :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Blockbuster didn't have it, so I wasn't able to get it. Maybe when I finish Mirror's Edge, I can switch it for Cod4 if one of them was returned.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

This. Awesome missions there! Also I reckon that if you can do One Shot One Kill on Veteran without dying you've pretty much made it in the single player campaign. When I first tried to complete the game on veteran it was a hellish level for me, but when I made my second account and redid it I had some crazyluck and managed to pull it off first time without dying. :D

I can usually get up the final point without dying, but then die like 10 times on the bit where you wait for the helicopter XD. Luckily ive already done it on vet.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I can usually get up the final point without dying, but then die like 10 times on the bit where you wait for the helicopter XD. Luckily ive already done it on vet.

Yeah that bit's the only really hard part, but really good fun if you're a decent sniper.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I think i have found a better Search & Destroy gun besides silenced MP5 :o Its the most underrated gun in the game, *Drum roll please!* The Scorpion! I had used a Silenced Red tigered Scorpion and got on average a 3:1 K/D ratio :o I used these perks - Bomb Squad, Stopping power, and Dead Silence. It has 0 recoil so u can lock on to a target and destroy them. Try it out today :thumbup:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I think i have found a better Search & Destroy gun besides silenced MP5 :o Its the most underrated gun in the game, *Drum roll please!* The Scorpion! I had used a Silenced Red tigered Scorpion and got on average a 3:1 K/D ratio :o I used these perks - Bomb Squad, Stopping power, and Dead Silence. It has 0 recoil so u can lock on to a target and destroy them. Try it out today :thumbup:

I've been using ACOG Skorpion, bandolier, sleight of hand and extreme conditioning recently. You may mock but people getting sniped by it across maps don't.

Yeah that bit's the only really hard part, but really good fun if you're a decent sniper.

[hide=Spoiler?]Just run to the left of where you put Cpt. Mcmillan? (Can't remember name) down behind the tree near the radiation area. Plant claymores at the corner of the bumper cars closest to the tree to make enemies blow up. When the helicopter comes rush to the dude pick him up and carry him into helicopter quickly. EASYYYYYYYYYYYY >_>[/hide]

You can also run to where the enemies 'spawn' at the start, and they wont spawn there, instead they'll spawn where one of the Laptops is in that level. They also come around the corner if you camp in the corner between the building and the hedge behind you. One at a time = win. Only problem is getting to him and getting back to the chopper. I once did the mission, got to the helicopter and they went about 50 milliseconds before I could get on it!

Well Call of Duty 4 online is screwed...hackers have made a "UFO" mode now and you cant kill em and they can fly around everywhere :shame: :wall: Lets hope IW fixes this :pray:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Well Call of Duty 4 online is screwed...hackers have made a "UFO" mode now and you cant kill em and they can fly around everywhere :shame: :wall: Lets hope IW fixes this :pray:

What platform is this on?

I know my way around COD4 pretty well... gold Dragunov, red MP5, red M4 Carbine and M16, so on. Anyways theres a few things I haven't gotten into yet such as Shotguns. I'm starting to experiment with guns I haven't used before and have a few questions about making a good Shotgun class. So I gotta know:

Which makes a Shotgun (specifically the W1200) more accurate, a Grip or the Steady Aim perk?

and...

I dunno how to really word this one. If I use a Grip and Steady Aim, is there a noticeable difference as opposed to just using one or the other?

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Grip is worthless. By the time you've pumped it the recoil has settled down anyway. Steady aim also isn't really neccessary, without it has better than SMG hipfiring. Using a grip as well as steady aim makes no difference to accuracy, the grip reduces the vertical recoil and doesn't affect hipfire accuracy.

I suggest Extreme Conditioning to close with people faster.

Grip is worthless. By the time you've pumped it the recoil has settled down anyway. Steady aim also isn't really neccessary, without it has better than SMG hipfiring. Using a grip as well as steady aim makes no difference to accuracy, the grip reduces the vertical recoil and doesn't affect hipfire accuracy.

I suggest Extreme Conditioning to close with people faster.

Extreme conditioning to get round the back of the enemy and bum rush them in HC S&D.